ABV ISO hash

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
hello,

so, im not new to the ideas of ISO hash and likewise practices, but I have a few specific questions I was hoping to get clarified.

I have probably 6-10 grams of ABV, I know its not a lot, but it's very lightly vaped, and im not really appealed to eating it, when only about half of it was organically grown, the other half I have no way of verifying its cleanliness, I have often heard of animal hair and likewise things being found in weed. But regardless, all of the ABV is dank and lightly vaped in my VB.

More specifically, I want to make ISO hash as butane doesn't appeal, and as previously stated, I don't really feel like eating it, plus hash is easier to dose.

Question #1: Advantages and disadvantages to QWISO and just plain ISO, is there a difference?

I care much less about the quality and flavor, than I do about getting all the active chemicals out of the weed. Does this mean i am better off not quick washing, and letting it sit?

Question #2: Putting the alcohol and weed (separately) in the freezer before hand? Worth it?

Question #3: what do you guys feel is the best thing for straining? coffee filter? I feel like a coffee filter might absorb some of the active yummy chemicals.

I never totally understood why some get a more oily like substance, and others get a more hash like substance.

There just seems to be a lot of conflicting information, so if someone could direct me to a good step by step thread that would be great. My apologies if this is in the wrong place, but there seem to be so many threads on this topic, and I had some more specific questions.

Thanks!

PhishCactus,

lepstadder

ISO hash as butane doesn't appeal

Well if you are scared away from butane do to the danger of it exploding doing it outside would work fine(as long as your neighbors cant see,lol)

If it is because you believe toxic chemicals are left in butane just use vector, the MSDS(material data safety sheet) that every chemical must have lists all the ingredients, and all of them evaporate cleanly in vector

Question #1: Advantages and disadvantages to QWISO and just plain ISO, is there a difference?

QWISO means Quick Wash, meaning you dont let it soak it just quickly dissolves the thc from the plant matter

Soaking will remove many more none psychoactive plant waxed and oils, make it taste worse, be harsher and not give as satisfying of a high

Question #2: Putting the alcohol and weed (separately) in the freezer before hand? Worth it?

Just put the alcohol in the freezer THEN do A quick wash

Question #3: what do you guys feel is the best thing for straining? coffee filter? I feel like a coffee filter might absorb some of the active yummy chemicals.

I no longer make ISO but when i did i found that a coffee filter would not filter it fast enough and it would turn my QWISO into just ISO

USE a BHO tube if uou have one but instead of forcing butane through it just pour cold ISO through and it slowly working it way down will remove plenty.

Or use cheese cloth in several layers,

Good luck whatever you do

lepstadder,

colly

I just make some AVB QWISO hash this week. Made a golden color after straining out the AVB. Evaporated fast and now I got like .5 g of hash. Used like, 6 or 7 grams of AVB and some stems. Haven't smoked it yet, though.

colly,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Yes that is a decent method, but I think it is a little outdated. At best (with fresh as he used) it should be a nice amber. IMO he left it in for too long.
From what I have gathered, status quo is - 15-30 seconds of shaking. (15 for personal) Any longer than that and you are getting more chlorophyll and other unwanteds.

And you can do more than one run.

With ABV, dunno... I think there was a thread dedicated to ABV QWISO and ABV BHO (dark oil)
They said it tasted like shit due to the terps being vaped, but it did the trick.

AGBeer,
Top Bottom