ABV Instant Oatmeal Experiment

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
As the title suggests, I have just finished cooking some Instant Oatmeal(Quakers organic, Maple and brown sugar). I am steeped in ignorance when it comes to cooking bud, so would like to share my first attempt!

First I used the Stove top, not the microwave. filled a pot with 4 cups of milk and brought it to a low shimmer. I then introduced 2.5-3grams of ABV(eyeballed it), and stirred it for a few seconds till it was evenly dispersed. I then added 4 packets of the instant oatmeal and stirred vigorously until it reached a nice thickness, then removed it from the pot into a big bowl to let it cool and reach a perfect thickness.

I am eating the oatmeal now and am hoping I used enough ABV and there was enough fat in the milk to have optimal absorbtion. Hopefully this will work and I will get blitzed. If not next time I will attempt double the amount of ABV. I am open to any an all suggestions for improvements or better methods(Did I mention I was extremely ignorant about cooking with bud?).

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
:puke:

That sounds terrible!

But then again, some members put their dirty Solo stems in boiling milk and drink it..

I'm still interested to hear if this worked for you though.

(I used to throw out my ABV :doh:, now I make QWISO with it :tup:)

Hoof Hearted,

thesoloman

That sounds terrible!

But then again, some members put their dirty Solo stems in boiling milk and drink it..

hey man, Solo stem hot chocolate is amazing!
but oatmeal sounds gross, try making canna butter first, and adding that to food instead.

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
That sounds terrible!
Really? It actually tasted quite amazing to me, but then again I like oatmeal. The abv actually added a good taste to it too surprisingly enough.

Remember to Let us know in a few hours how it went.:science:

Fingers are crossed!

hey man, Solo stem hot chocolate is amazing!
but oatmeal sounds gross, try making canna butter first, and adding that to food instead.

I have checked out butter recipes, however I never use butter in anything I cook. I am however going to also use ABV to make tinctures. Also cannot believe you think maple and brown sugar oatmeal is gross! To each his own. :rockon:

Jahannum,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

thesoloman

Really? It actually tasted quite amazing to me, but then again I like oatmeal. The abv actually added a good taste to it too surprisingly enough.

Fingers are crossed!

I have checked out butter recipes, however I never use butter in anything I cook. I am however going to also use ABV to make tinctures. Also cannot believe you think maple and brown sugar oatmeal is gross! To each his own. :rockon:
It wasn't the oatmeal by itself, but the combination with ABV

thesoloman,

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
It wasn't the oatmeal by itself, but the combination with ABV
Ahhh, the ABV added an almost caramel corn taste to the maple and brown sugar. I could understand how it would sound ewwish, especially considering I was surprised by the good taste(I expected the ABV to negatively affect the dish).

Jahannum,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
1 hour and 40 minutes in, I am higher than I have been in a while(Body high) and the high is still slowly escalating..... I am liking this! :rofl:

edit: Hell I am feeling so good, I think I am going to go outside for a little while and enjoy the fresh air.

edit2: Forgot to mention I had grinded the ABV before administering it to the oatmeal. I had grinded it down to almost a powder, so I did not even notice it hardly when I was chewing.

Last edited:

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
:clap: Sounds yummy to me too! Will have to try sometime soon, as the colder weather pours in, it makes me want oatmeal more in the mornings!!

I have done the solo stems in hot milk to clean/use oil accumulated in it before with successful results(made hot chocolate w/milk afterwards) of course my stem was Super Dirty at the time..

af0e049584581a1ee959e20151733a2e_zps3dad22af.jpg

If not next time I will attempt double the amount of ABV. I am open to any an all suggestions for improvements or better methods(Did I mention I was extremely ignorant about cooking with bud?).

Glad you had a good experience with the amount used.. Was going to suggest against using double the amount next time, just simply due to how much you'd then be using in next recipe for a 1person serving.. If you were going to use 5-6gr for a 1meal sitting I was also going to suggest qwiso for your abv to be more efficient with your left over goodies.

edit2: Forgot to mention I had grinded the ABV before administering it to the oatmeal. I had grinded it down to almost a powder, so I did not even notice it hardly when I was chewing.

Always, Always do that! Also look into Cold Infusion in the abv brownie thread http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapor-brownies-abv-cannaoil.6/page-23#post-314450
for good ways to use your abv in edibles! Have posted my successful results in that thread using the CI method.

Last edited:
Top Bottom