ABV Extraction

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Hello people.
I read that many continue to use ABV in various ways, cannabutter, edibles etc, even alcohol extraction . I always threw it all away after turning the weed almost black.
In fact, I believe that there is no longer any resin to extract from a vaporized material at the limits of combustion. I am wrong?
I do alcohol extraction with which I clean the vaporizers but the ABV I have always thrown away.
I was wrong?

TiSteamo,
Reactions: shredder

BestBuds

The Dude
Hello people.
I read that many continue to use ABV in various ways, cannabutter, edibles etc, even alcohol extraction . I always threw it all away after turning the weed almost black.
In fact, I believe that there is no longer any resin to extract from a vaporized material at the limits of combustion. I am wrong?
I do alcohol extraction with which I clean the vaporizers but the ABV I have always thrown away.
I was wrong?
I have been wondering the same. I started saving my AVB since December to experiment making coconut oil and avb. I have a mason jar full maybe I'll try it this weekend and report back.

shredder

Hello people.
I was wrong?

There most likely is some cannabinoids left, but the more used/vaped it is obviously means less cannabinoids.

I used to get oil from abv, but I do not anymore. Mostly because I just have a lot of herb and don't need it.

But the oil is good for pain and sleep, so there is that.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
If you wanna find out how much is still in the abv, just do a solvent extraction. Extract 1oz+ and see what you get.

solvent extraction will get most out of it. I had tons of extracted shit that never got me high.

Edit: btw if you wanna use alcohol get a really large 20ml+ syringe and drill holes on the end. You can put coffee filters in it and filter your extraction better. Really nice for small scale. Large scale they use vacuum pumps and shit.

Last edited:

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
I have been wondering the same. I started saving my AVB since December to experiment making coconut oil and avb. I have a mason jar full maybe I'll try it this weekend and report back.
Please let us know.
How much has your weed already been vaporized?
I believe that nothing psychoactive can be extracted from an almost burnt weed ...

TiSteamo,

BestBuds

The Dude
Please let us know.
How much has your weed already been vaporized?
I believe that nothing psychoactive can be extracted from an almost burnt weed ...
It's not black, it looks more like a coconut husk. Tan and light brown. :tup: I don't think it will do anything but I have been told over and over that it will put me to sleep. That sounds great to me! I'll give it a go! :mental::lol:

BestBuds,
Reactions: TiSteamo

Aerogrower

It really depends on how much you have vaped it. If its pretty much black, then there probably isn't much left to extract. I'd give it a shot though and see what you get, unless you have plenty of flower

Kins

Just try it and find out. When consuming edibles you won't need nearly as much thc as when smoking or vaping. Tons of stories about people that ate too much edibles and freaking out....

Kins,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
When consuming edibles you won't need nearly as much thc as when smoking or vaping

I think it depends on one's tolerance. Since I am a chronic user of cannabis, I use 100 mgs THC just for flights on planes to pass the time. That amount gave great consternation to Maureen Dowd, a non-user.

Last edited:

Tranquility

I think it depends on one's tolerance. Since I am a chronic user of cannabis, I use 100 mgs THC just for flights on planes to pass the time. That amount gave great consternation to Maureen Dowd, a non-user.
First, while I didn't read/watch the link, Dowd's article when it happened was hilarious. She really thought she broke herself. Second, are you sure it is "tolerance"?

I've not been successful getting high off edibles; ever. Once, maybe, I felt something. My main tries were in the bad old days of medical only--where there were not artificial limitations on the amount of dose in a...dose. But, no luck. The one time I might have felt something, I had made a green dragon-type and ended up drinking it all. Might have been the alcohol.

When I look it up now, it seems a known phenomenon without scientific explanation. That makes me doubt my experience. I need to go back to the dispensary for some gummies. 100mg you say...

Tranquility,
Reactions: vapirtoo

Kins

First, while I didn't read/watch the link, Dowd's article when it happened was hilarious. She really thought she broke herself. Second, are you sure it is "tolerance"?

I've not been successful getting high off edibles; ever. Once, maybe, I felt something. My main tries were in the bad old days of medical only--where there were not artificial limitations on the amount of dose in a...dose. But, no luck. The one time I might have felt something, I had made a green dragon-type and ended up drinking it all. Might have been the alcohol.

When I look it up now, it seems a known phenomenon without scientific explanation. That makes me doubt my experience. I need to go back to the dispensary for some gummies. 100mg you say...

100 mg is insane to start out with.

el sargantano

Hello, my name is Sargan and I do tinctures sometimes.
I have 3 different empty glass glenrothes bottles with different ABV types: Amnesia/Haze family, other sativas and the rest.
No matter which one I take a few grs to mix with dry anise (Chinchón 74*) for a month as a green dragon tincture: 10 drops (full eyedropper) put you to sleep.
But when you mix 4 eyedroppers with your coffee during worktime you can end pretty fucked up as the journalist, or in the ballpark
I don't know how to enjoy the edibles experience, I don't figure yet the dosification that works for me, but it's not the high I chase anyway.
Mixing it up with high grade alcohol and operating trough precision of drops would be easy enough, but I don't find the 'joy' of herb.
I can understand the efficiency, the power and hey, it's recycling 'waste'!
So finally I make little bottles for a select group of friends

Edit: the ABVs are full pantone range, from barely toasted convection green to roasty-nasty-no-mercy ash and I can tell there are goodies everywhere, I didn't expect so much

vapirtoo

I use ABV in peanut banana sandwiches and smoothies to great effect!
I use twice this amount and stay nicely high for 12 hrs or more!
sorry no pictures.

Last edited:
vapirtoo,

justcametomind

I made cannabutter a few times and no matter how black my abv looked, the result was always a bright green butter bar.
Im done with it for the moment. I just decarboxylated a few grams of my prescription strains and use it that way, if I feel like it’s time for edibles. No need to add fats and calories to my diet. Not to count the effects of edibles on me. The munchies are strong, almost unstoppable. So ingesting edibles would have me stoned hard for the bigger portion of the day, eating twice as much, or do me nothing because if infused thc would not be enough.
I’d love to learn about self producing topicals with abv or even weed.

Last edited:
justcametomind,

AMiA

Hi guys !
I had som lower grade buds + rinsing the big cannabis jars,two of them,with 96% Proof .Had it in the freezer and forgot it there for 2 month.Took it out,coffee filtered it..plus put it back in those two jars and cleaned the "walls"of some THC residue.Put everything in a glasstray,and under a fan to evaporate.I now has some what call "Black Tar".Tell me what i can do with it,no cookies,have enough of them already..Can i smoke it?Put it in Gingertea before bed/or my morningcoffee maybe..Tell me the best way to use it,it's not much,maybe tops 1gr.

Thank you for reading...Have a good microdosing day;)

AMiA,
Top Bottom