• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

NFC About NewFC & old FC: we're not sure where we're going but we're working on it

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The return of FC's founder, @vtac, and his appointment as an Administrator at NewFC has undoubtedly caused many of you to wonder what's going on and what will happen next. I've been nominated to post an explanation, but this is actually a joint statement from @Stu, @vtac, and me.

The first effect is that we are suspending our program of closing threads at OG FC. For now, we are allowing new threads on both forums. We realize that this splits some discussions across two forums, but most threads exist in one forum or the other. We won't re-open any of the closed threads at this time. We are considering the possibility of combining the threads and member base of both forums, but this raises issues that will be difficult to resolve. Nevertheless, if we can pull it off this is the most likely solution.

We feel that preserving the FuckCombustion domain is important, but we also recognize the value of a domain name that does not contain "fuck". If we can, we will provide a path to the forum that is free of vulgarity. Merging FCombustion, NewFuckCombustion, and FuckCombustion is challenging, but we have set that as a goal.

We ask your patience while we work our way through the challenges ahead. There is a lot of research to be done and we don't think we've identified all the problems, let alone figured out solutions. We will try to keep you informed as we form and implement a plan. Please don't feel offended if you ask a question or make a suggestion and don't get a response. We're a little busy right now. As the thread title says, we're not sure where we're going but we're working on it.

despeRAWdo

Fan of Hot Air Makers.
I'm just happy to have a place to discuss the intricacies and joys of dry herb vapes. I appreciate all the work put in by the mods. Whatever decision you make, I'm just thankful to have this community. Hopefully we will know sooner than later though, I'm trying to accrue those meaningless internet points.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Hopefully we will know sooner than later

Come on, don't rush the men. pak did post:
We ask your patience while we work our way through the challenges ahead. There is a lot of research to be done and we don't think we've identified all the problems, let alone figured out solutions.

This has to be a thoughtful, educated decision that will be lived with for years, so it has to be the right decision. I'm fine with working both forums no matter how long it takes.

I'm trying to accrue those meaningless internet points.
:lmao:

Last edited:

Helios

@vtac..with all due re$PECT, Very Intere$ting timing for you to reenter $$NFC community. I sent u an Honest DM. I hope you compen$ate the hard working mod$ for nu launch and licensing... All da be$t. No beef, if u keep ghosting your LoYaL fan base over N over, they will notice. ( mods, no disrespect to you're hard work..$)
:leaf::peace:

Summer

Long Island, NY
^^ You must be very high. :leaf:

We feel that preserving the FuckCombustion domain is important, but we also recognize the value of a domain name that does not contain "fuck".

Right now, I see no purpose in the fcombustion link because, once on the site, the addy bar still reads fuckcombustion.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@vtac..with all due re$PECT, Very Intere$ting timing for you to reenter $$NFC community. I sent u an Honest DM. I hope you compen$ate the hard working mod$ for nu launch and licensing... All da be$t. No beef, if u keep ghosting your LoYaL fan base over N over, they will notice. ( mods, no disrespect to you're hard work..$)
Hey man ! I am telling you this with all my respect to you too. I know FC is family for all of us and there is a strong community spirit.. In families often people demand things form others and act like they are owed to them for their emotional investment and payback for other small favors. This is very normal,but in real life ..noone owes anyone anything ... Everything you received you can consider a gift and not a compensation. It is not like vtac wasnt careful with some chick and then he has to pay all of our college tuitions...
From my point of view this is Vtac's car and he doesnt owe us neither a drive nor a clean seats and airfreshener.. I know that riding along for years can make it feel like it is your car,i have similar feelings too,but it is not :) ! Please respect that and be glad that it is getting fixed so it can run smoothly for all of us,everything else is in the past ! Big up to @Stu and @pakalolo for pimping the old ride so well :).
Cheers and Peace !

Last edited by a moderator:

ginolicious

I dunno. Can we just close this one down? Go back to the old? Now that we know it won’t expire? And now that the mods have access to admin duties of the old forum? But see that’s also not fair for the mods after all the hard work they put into creating this one. So it’s a pickle we find ourselves in.

also how do we know the domain will keep being renewed for OG FC and vtac doesn’t disappear again causing the same situation 2 years later. With the mods then going Jesus we shouldn’t have deleted the NFC we worked hard to create.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

This is for everyone who feels compelled to comment on this, not just you.

Nobody should judge. You don't know the circumstances. @Stu and I are happy with getting @vtac back (we were trying to locate him for quite a while) and that's all the compensation we need.

Right now, I see no purpose in the fcombustion link because, once on the site, the addy bar still reads fuckcombustion.

That's because you aren't aware of the technical issues. For example, without fcombustion.com we couldn't send out confirmation emails.

I dunno. Can we just close this one down? Go back to the old? Now that we know it won’t expire? And now that the mods have access to admin duties of the old forum? But see that’s also not fair for the mods after all the hard work they put into creating this one. So it’s a pickle we find ourselves in.

also how do we know the domain will keep being renewed for OG FC and vtac doesn’t disappear again causing the same situation 2 years later. With the mods then going Jesus we shouldn’t have deleted the NFC we worked hard to create.

We can't just close one or the other. As soon as we can develop a plan that we are confident will cause the least disruption, we'll let everyone know. There will be disruption, it's unavoidable. Again, we ask for patience.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I know you guys are working on a nice solution, but seeing that switching to NewFC went pretty well and seeing that it has become a very active platform in no time, I'd prefer to see oldFC being archived and keep on rocking here, that'd be the least disruption I guess. All this back and forth is a bit confusing.

Just saying, though, I'll follow FC wherever it will go.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for starting this thread here, perhaps we should start the same on the old FC? I don't know I feel like there are some people we are still missing, perhaps because of the cultivation issues? Though yeah it does seem like it's a ghost home over there lately, even though so many threads have not moved over here yet... plus classifieds and all the moving threads' old content... Anyway I trust the 3 of you to come up with the best solution, while I certainly don't envy the task, I appreciate you all!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks for starting this thread here, perhaps we should start the same on the old FC? I don't know I feel like there are some people we are still missing, perhaps because of the cultivation issues? Though yeah it does seem like it's a ghost home over there lately, even though so many threads have not moved over here yet... plus classifieds and all the moving threads' old content... Anyway I trust the 3 of you to come up with the best solution, while I certainly don't envy the task, I appreciate you all!

You haven't looked on FC, have you...

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The return of FC's founder, @vtac, and his appointment as an Administrator at NewFC has undoubtedly caused many of you to wonder what's going on and what will happen next. I've been nominated to post an explanation, but this is actually a joint statement from @Stu, @vtac, and me.

The first effect is that we are suspending our program of closing threads at OG FC. For now, we are allowing new threads on both forums. We realize that this splits some discussions across two forums, but most threads exist in one forum or the other. We won't re-open any of the closed threads at this time. We are considering the possibility of combining the threads and member base of both forums, but this raises issues that will be difficult to resolve. Nevertheless, if we can pull it off this is the most likely solution.

We feel that preserving the FuckCombustion domain is important, but we also recognize the value of a domain name that does not contain "fuck". If we can, we will provide a path to the forum that is free of vulgarity. Merging FCombustion, NewFuckCombustion, and FuckCombustion is challenging, but we have set that as a goal.

We ask your patience while we work our way through the challenges ahead. There is a lot of research to be done and we don't think we've identified all the problems, let alone figured out solutions. We will try to keep you informed as we form and implement a plan. Please don't feel offended if you ask a question or make a suggestion and don't get a response. We're a little busy right now. As the thread title says, we're not sure where we're going but we're working on it.

All will be well, even if it isnt, which it will be, even if it isnt :)

Top Bottom