A Quick Prayer to those in Haiti..........

lwien

Yeah, I know. There's a lot of suffering in this world in a lot of places, but right now, the Haitians are in my thoughts. I just can't imagine one minute everything being ok, and in the next minute, you're whole world is turned upside down. It's one thing to experience a natural disaster where you live, but if where you live has no infrastructure to deal with it, than whatever natural disaster befalls one, get's magnified beyond comprehension. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.............especially to the children.

lwien,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
What Iwien says. I can't say anything more except that if you can afford a few $, please donate to the Red Cross.

Tom

tdavie,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Just reading about this in the news, sounds absolutely horrific. Like Lwien said they just can't cope with it, people are trapped in rubble with no one to pull them out, let alone any medical help.

Happycamper,

lwien

Happycamper said:
Just reading about this in the news, sounds absolutely horrific. Like Lwien said they just can't cope with it, people are trapped in rubble with no one to pull them out, let alone any medical help.
I know. Saw a news clip of arms waving out of pancaked buildings. People were half crushed to do death and screaming for people to get them out, but they had no machines or tools to work with. The concrete was just too heavy for people to lift off with their hands so no one could help them. And parents are walking down the street with their kids who are witnessing all this, and you look into their eyes and they are in total shock. Dead bodies stacked up on sidewalks. It really is horrific. Death toll could reach into the tens to hundreds of thousands.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
Prayers won't do anything. Instead of using time to pray, you can spread awareness of the situation or contact charities.

aero18,

lwien

aero18 said:
Prayers won't do anything. Instead of using time to pray, you can spread awareness of the situation or contact charities.
I don't think it has to be an either/or situation, Aero. You really can do both.................if ya want. My postings up here was to spread awareness and just to share some sad feeling for these people. Poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere, a multitude of hurricanes, and now this.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
aero18 said:
I don't think it has to be an either/or situation, Aero. You really can do both.................if ya want. My postings up here was to spread awareness and just to share some sad feeling for these people. Poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere, a multitude of hurricanes, and now this.
Yep! Which is productive man. It was a great idea.

aero18,

Beezleb

I have a friend who dad works their for Canadians. Its almost total destruction. He is safe but his house is demolished. Very hard to get info out right now but they next big fear is disease and all the other goodies that come after a disaster.

Beezleb,

lwien

Text "Haiti to 90999" and you will automatically donate 10 bucks to the Red Cross and it will show up on your next telephone bill. Totally legit and most all...................very fast and easy to do.

lwien,
Top Bottom