• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

A few questions about vapes and maximizing body stone.

SpiralThus

Hey All,

Thanks for reading. First post, so a bit about me (you can skip straight down to the questions below too, if you'd rather). I've been vaping about 6 months now. Before that, a 30ish year hiatus since I used to smoke crappy ditch weed as a kid. I use a Boundless CFX and a VapCap M (which I don't really use, because it's ridiculously harsh). The CFX is ok, but thinking to get a mighty this 4/20 (the CFX is starting to feel like I drank a cup of powdered glass after vaping, and I'm told the mighty is much smoother). As long as I'm going to be vape shopping, I figure I might as well address a question I've had with temp/body stone in case what vape I'm using matters for the effect I like.

I sometimes like a nice clear head high and sometimes I'm in the mood for the old 'float and melt'. The energetic, let's-clean-the-house-or-write-a-weird-book' head high is pretty easy. The body high seems to be a bit harder to figure out, especially lately.

Back when I was a kid, and quite often when I started vaping, and now only occasionally, do I get the type of body high I like. It's a bit hard to describe, but generally includes sensations of floating, melting, falling, and acceleration. I've had a couple experiences where my sense of down shifted, so the wall with my TV (my TV is actually a wall - I use a projector directly onto the wall) became down, and I felt like a spider laying on a couch on the wall looking down at my TV projected onto the floor, which was pretty interesting. My body stone isn't necessarily a sleepy experience, more like it just gently tweaks whatever part of my brain is responsible for perception of motion and direction. This was really pronounced when I was a kid.

I generally get that with pretty strong indicas though sometimes with sativas or hybrids too. However, I get it a lot less as time goes on. I find that more and more often I don't get that body stone, just a sort of a sleepy stone with maybe a hint of falling or floating when I close my eyes.

Between different strains, different temperatures, and my fluctuating tolerance, I'm not entirely sure what causes it or what I can do to maximize it. I tend to think of it as mostly a strain/temp thing, though amount vaped seems to matter as well, as may my current tolerance.

My habits seem like they help keep my tolerance a bit low, since I like to try a lot of different strains, and switch up sativas, hybrids, and indicas pretty regularly. I buy by the gram so I can try a lot of stuff (fortunately I have a place that will give me discounts on multiple grams, even when mixed) and it's pretty rare that I vape the same strain more than a couple days in a row, though I often come back to my favorites (asian fantasy anyone?).

Like most things weed related, trying to find an answer to how to maximize those particular effects turns up a ton of conflicting opinions and very little actual data - mostly the consensus seems to be that 'higher temps get more body high' but without actually defining a body high, other than 'better for pain and sleep'. Well, ok, fine. But why is mine slowing going away? Is it a function of tolerance?

When I first started vaping, I had a G Pen Pro, which turned out to be counterfeit. I replaced it with my current CFX, but I wonder if the G Pen Pro might have been better for that effect, though I don't necessarily see how.

I'm considering getting a mighty this 4/20, but it only goes to 410F. My CFX goes to 430F and I can't get much body stone with it lately, so is 410F going to be too low when I'm in the mood for a strong body stone? I came across mention of a study that concluded 446F is the ideal body stone temp, but there seem to be some problems with that study. Still, if that turns out to be the case, maybe I get a mighty for most of the time and then another (cheaper) vape (Like the Flowermate V5Pro or another higher temp vape) to really crank up the temp when I'm in the mood to melt into the couch for an evening.

So, finally, the questions:

1. Do any of you long-time vapers get those types of intense body effects, or is that just for the first few months and then your tolerance makes it a dragon to chase?

2. Does anyone vape at really high temps (like 446F)? If so, is it very different than at 420F?

3. Anyone who uses the mighty, is it really pretty smooth at higher temps? If you crank it up to 410F are you coughing your ass off or no big deal?

4. Ditto for the Flowermate V5Pro?

5. Anyone have any other thoughts on maximizing body stone, or the effects I've described in general?

6. For that matter do these effects happen to other people? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one - all anyone else really mentions on forums or strain reviews is 'oh man, this stuff had me floating'. Nobody's ever like 'oh, man, this strain made me feel like I floated up 3 feet off the couch, spun around while melting, and then broke up into tiny bits that accelerated away straight down a few at a time'.

Anyway, sorry for the long many-questioned post. Hope this is ok for the forums?

darbarikanada

- are you vaping until the cannabis tastes like popcorn? I think a lot of people don't finish the bowl when
vaping (vs. smoking). if there's anything to the 'higher temps = a more physical high' idea, then someone
seeking a physical high would want to be sure the load's done. (I suppose another way to test this theory
would be to smoke a bowl...)
- a less likely reason for what you're describing might be that your tolerance is higher than you realize. you
could take 2-3 weeks off, see if that helps. there's a 'cannabreak' thread here that might have useful
info but YMMV.
- have you tried 'medibles'? a common issue with them is people getting too high, so a heavy indica might
work.

I highly recommend the mighty! I don't think you need to worry about the 410ºC max; people have taken mighty ABV, vaped it in high-temp devices, found that it was truly spent already - they didn't get more vapor from the hotter device.

hope this helps.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
When I was a kid, we'd take rapid, deep breaths and then on the last big held breath, we'd squeeze our chests and hyperventilate into a dreamy, floaty feeling. I get that feeling on big hits, especially if I'm changing up: maybe a big hit of distillate after a bunch o' bud'o vape hits.

SpiralThus

- are you vaping until the cannabis tastes like popcorn? I think a lot of people don't finish the bowl when
vaping (vs. smoking). if there's anything to the 'higher temps = a more physical high' idea, then someone
seeking a physical high would want to be sure the load's done. (I suppose another way to test this theory
would be to smoke a bowl...)
- a less likely reason for what you're describing might be that your tolerance is higher than you realize. you
could take 2-3 weeks off, see if that helps. there's a 'cannabreak' thread here that might have useful
info but YMMV.
- have you tried 'medibles'? a common issue with them is people getting too high, so a heavy indica might
work.

I highly recommend the mighty! I don't think you need to worry about the 410ºC max; people have taken mighty ABV, vaped it in high-temp devices, found that it was truly spent already - they didn't get more vapor from the hotter device.

hope this helps.

Hey darbarikanada,

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm finishing the bowl. No matter how much I vape, there is always a bit more to be had, and it never really tastes like popcorn to me, even if I vape it pretty much black. Also with my CFX I don't get much visible vapor no matter what I do, mostly looks like breathing on a cold day, so I can't really use visible vapor as a metric.

My typical habit if I want to hit a variety of temps is to start at 360 and vape about 10 minutes, raising to 380, 400, and 420. Higher than that and it's harsh enough that I'd rather just skip it. Sometimes I'll just do one temp for 5 or 10 mins if I'm in the mood for a lighter or heavier high.

A couple months ago, I tried out using about half as much as usual and really working into it for about 20 mins. It worked great, I got a pretty strong high, and I started doing it that way instead, but over the next few weeks, I started to really hate the high. It had become sort of negative and unpleasant, and I thought it was tolerance related and almost just stopped weed again for a while before realizing it started around the time I started working into it more. So now, I'm back to my original 10 mins or so and back to my 'regular' high. I'm going to play around with it a bit more and see how it goes vaping more deeply into larger bowls. Maybe I can try that tonight. Yeah, could be tolerance - maybe I'm just not doing enough.

And thanks for the info on Mighty! Looking forward to trying it.

Vaporware

I’m not getting that kind of effect right now, and I think it’s because my tolerance is low and I don’t push it much because I’m dealing with some anxiety issues, but when I did get it consistently here’s what I did:

I only used it once a night, but when I did I ate a good dose of edibles (I don’t know the dosage, but they felt pretty strong compared to the 10mg stuff I use a lot lately) and then I’d have a long slow session in the DaVinci Ascent (conduction heater) with a large load in it...probably .2-.3. I could use the same material 2 maybe 3 days in a row, starting off as low as 333 and ending up usually not much above 385, but sometimes 400 or above. That might have increased the body effects, but I think they came the most from the good full spectrum edibles I was getting at the time.

I find extracts that are just THC mixed back together with some other random terpenes (if anything) very lacking in comparison to edibles made with whole plant extracts or hash or something like that.

Anyway, adding edibles and limiting the frequency of use really helps with getting where you want to be on a reasonable amount of material.

Good luck!

Edit: I should also mention that I was temp stepping during the sessions with the Ascent and I don’t really recommend the Ascent today because it just seems much less efficient than others I’ve tried.

Last edited:

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
So, finally, the questions:

1. Do any of you long-time vapers get those types of intense body effects, or is that just for the first few months and then your tolerance makes it a dragon to chase?

2. Does anyone vape at really high temps (like 446F)? If so, is it very different than at 420F?

3. Anyone who uses the mighty, is it really pretty smooth at higher temps? If you crank it up to 410F are you coughing your ass off or no big deal?

4. Ditto for the Flowermate V5Pro?

5. Anyone have any other thoughts on maximizing body stone, or the effects I've described in general?

6. For that matter do these effects happen to other people? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one - all anyone else really mentions on forums or strain reviews is 'oh man, this stuff had me floating'. Nobody's ever like 'oh, man, this strain made me feel like I floated up 3 feet off the couch, spun around while melting, and then broke up into tiny bits that accelerated away straight down a few at a time'.
1. Intense body high definitely will be impacted by tolerance. However, the right strain, vape, and temperature can help get you that intense body high.
2. When you start getting too high in temperature, you'll see some undesirable combustion-type side products. So I don't think it's common for those reasons.
3. I tend to hang between 380 and 410 on my Mighty. I don't notice a big difference in coughing from the lower end to the upper end.
5. For me with flower, the Mighty is the best vape I have for getting to that point. I think it is a combination of the bowl size plus the hybrid nature of the vape.
6. Not nearly as intense as you describe, but definitely can get intense.

You might consider trying a degummed hemp fiber filter (I personally don't like it because of the taste) or a water tool to help with irritation. Vaping through water will help get you closer to where you want to be with bigger hits too, at least in my experience. I personally have found rotating strains, vapes, and form (concentrate on limited occasion, flower, edibles) helps keep my tolerance as well.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've been at it for 4 decades without much of a break and I don't get that "dreamy, floating, giggly, mind-blown" mental and physical effect unless something in my ritual changes up.

Here are the things that can cause me to have an enhanced effect but in each case I usually only get one event and then my body seems to adapt:
1- Using only my conduction vapes or using only my convection vapes for extended periods and then switching.
2- Using the same herb for extended periods and then switching to something new. Extra points for moving from a sativa to an indica.
3- First use after a t-break. Sometimes the t-break is enough on it's own.

I can really help things along if I combine all 3 options with thicker and bigger clouds than usual and a bubbler.

When it does happen it is something to be cherished and the above probably explains why I don't break out the Pink Floyd anymore ;)

Mookie0608

Crank it up as high as u can go. Your not smoking vapes for me have always been Moreno in the head but cranking it up make a difference. Push your limits too. If u want the best body high it may come with the cost of not being able to function 100% but it’s worth it. Or just do what I do. If your going for the best body high and maximum pain relief outside of an edible then smoke it.

Mookie0608,

C No Ego

CBN ( cannabinol) converted from THC is the sleep and body bang compound...

Edit - and instead of trying to smoke it use a water filtration device ( BuBBLEr) and crank your high quality clean air path vaporizer to the maximum heat setting and let it Rip through the water...
I always use native hits at first for maximum terpene flavors and then heat vape to high heat setting for water assisted vaping on the bubbler ... any thing above 400 F will provide more body effects but cannabis with the terpene myrcene will too so there is that

Penny Wise

Okay, this sounds gross but bear with me; eat your ABV when you're done a bowl or three. Your CFX won't extract everything; the Mighty will probably extract enough to make one bowl's worth of ABV sorta useless but if you're in the habit of saving it up, try it. I've found eaten ABV is a slightly different high than normally-made edibles (i.e. decarb -> fat extraction). It's certainly "lighter", not necessarily in effect but in terms of being able to do things afterward, and it'll almost certainly give you that body stone effect you're craving.

The easiest way to do it is by mashing it into peanut butter, rolling it into a ball with your tongue and swallowing the entire ball. I know how horrible that sounds but believe me, that's the "best" way I've found. It doesn't make me dry-heave like other methods I've used.

Penny Wise,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Vaporware

Have you tried packing it into capsules? You can order empty ones online or find them at a lot of stores that sell supplements and stuff like that.

I’m not saying the method you’re using is bad, but if you want to to avoid tasting it, I think this is an even better option.

You should still be able to extract AVB into oil too if you want to.

Penny Wise

Oh no, dude, the method I use is horrific. It's just really quick and easy. LMAO. I've thought about getting gel caps but just never did. Might have to change that, thanks for the reminder. :)

And yeah, I've got about 500g of cannabutter in my freezer right now. Beautiful stuff. It's just kinda difficult to incorporate frozen/chilled butter into something when you need it now.

Let's get objective for a minute. If you have bud that is 20%THC and you grind and place 0.2gm into your tool, whether conduction or convection, the max dose of available THC is 40mg. Depending on how efficient your tool is you may actually only ingest 15-30mg if you completely "spend" the load. The former via smoking the latter via vaporization. The high will depend on your tolerance level and on the terpenes present in that particular "strain." THC is THC, but it's effect is modulated by the ingestion method and the terpenes present. Vaping at higher temps merely causes the THC to be evaporated more quickly, i.e., in fewer draws, the higher the temp. Maximum non-combustion extraction occurs at the highest vape temp - about 446F, while lower temps allow a more leisurely accumulation of THC in the blood and CB1 receptors in the brain. Want a clear head-high? Go for strains with limonene and pinene and vape at lower temps. Want a heavier body-stone? Vape strains with lots of myrcene at higher temps so you extract the THC more quickly.

Works for me.

Mookie0608

Yeah I love the capsules but they are a pain as well. I just hate the emptying them at the end I usually go through 100 capsules and throw them in storage and take care of them all at same time. There amazing but I also went back recently to not using them and the vapor is stronger. I get a ton of vapor off a short draw. There’s pros and cons with everything. I find the biggest convenience with them is a lot less of a buildup and less dirty.

Mookie0608,
Top Bottom