• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Wow, it came in a day early. I like it a lot. It holds to the desk well, seems to be made of decent materials, and it even came with 5 velcro straps to route the power cord up the arm. End cap not on due to me using the WPA bowl tonight. I will play with the mount a little to see if I can get a little more snug, although its ok like it is. Thanks again to @Chainfish pointing me in the right direction. In case you are wondering, that is my Borg Cube PC you see in the background, I can post pics of that if you all want to see the rest of it.

mWl0e8U.jpg

iKPRt2h.jpg

IUtFh2D.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
So I had a situation last night when I was using the LSV with a WPA bowl...when I went to remove the LSV, the glass heater cover pulled out and fell, luckily on to carpet (although some of the carpet melted on to the glass heater cover and was so much fun trying to get it off, not). This really concerns me for if I was using it with the arm shown above (in this instance I was not using the arm) it would fall a further distance or on to me! I went to the elev8 site under accessories and I did not see any shims as I would assume I need to ad another shim to make it fit more snug.

In lieu of a factory shim, any ideas on what I can do?

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
So I had a situation last night when I was using the LSV with a WPA bowl...when I went to remove the LSV, the glass heater cover pulled out and fell, luckily on to carpet (although some of the carpet melted on to the glass heater cover and was so much fun trying to get it off, not). This really concerns me for if I was using it with the arm shown above (in this instance I was not using the arm). I went to the elev8 site under accessories and I did not see any shims as I would assume I need to ad another shim to make it fit more snug.

In lieu of a factory shim, any ideas on what I can do?
Are you using the spherical WPA? You can basket pack or stem pack a 14/18 or 18/18 adapter and use the conic joint in the LSV instead. This will let you keep your top cap on (since you won't need the spherical joint). This is how I use mine. I almost never use the spherical.

I'd still look into tweaking the shim(s). You might be able to manipulate the shim you have, to have some concavity/spring/flex to it to get additional force, rather than purchase more shims.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I do have some male to male adapters and have used those, but I can fit more into the WPA. I tried "expanding" the shim and it didn't do much. I was using this bowl...
bkLBZTI.jpg

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
If you're uncomfortable with the current shim, definitely get a replacement kit in that case. Just to clarify on how I mean bending the shim: Not pulling it straight apart like the red portion, but adding a curve to the edges as shown with the green lines. Having horizontal distance between the light blue points and the dark blue point will add pressure to the friction-fit glass. Bowing those edges will probably make up that short temporarily until you can get better parts. You can try tipping the light blue corners inward to get this effect, too. Might be worth a shot.

1621022309945.png

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I would get a shim kit if there was one listed but I could not find one. I see what you mean; I was trying the red, I will try the green tonight with some needle nose pliers. It looks like that would create a bulge which should give it more leverage and pressure on the glass.

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer

They aren't specific to the LSV , but to all of their ceramic core heaters (SSV, LSV, DBV)

howie105

I would get a shim kit if there was one listed but I could not find one. I see what you mean; I was trying the red, I will try the green tonight with some needle nose pliers. It looks like that would create a bulge which should give it more leverage and pressure on the glass.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The LSV kick’s U where discharge of fuel happens.
Do U or anyone on this tread know why it’s no longer available?
Maybe CANNABIS consumer’s did not want 2 achieve NIRVANA?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes - it's a safety issue, I think
Incase anyone falls asleep with it on their lap and burn their bits
The lawsuit would finish them off

Wouldn't be possible if they made it into a log (like wot I has done with mine ;) )
I was confused & Dazed Bi the power & effect da LSV had?
Maybe it was too strong 4 some consumer’s?
U might-b correct N may-b a log type 4 da cover?
This VAPORIZER is powerful!

Last edited:

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Yes - it's a safety issue, I think
Incase anyone falls asleep with it on their lap and burn their bits
The lawsuit would finish them off

Wouldn't be possible if they made it into a log (like wot I has done with mine ;) )
I've fallen asleep with mine on my lap on the couch. Never been an issue for me. I don't condone doing this, but I lived to tell the tale.

My understanding is that they just aren't popular enough to continue manufacturing, so once remaining stock is depleted, they're EoL. The Surfer is still most folk's go to when they hear Elev8. There's a cost to buy stock, manufacture it, inventory it, retail it, and support it in a sustainable manner. The numbers probably don't make sense for the LSV at this point. It's a soft-sunset so it will be available until body parts are gone, at which point I believe they'll still support spare glass and accessories for it.

If I'm speaking out of turn, someone correct me. I love love love my LSV's and am sad to see them sunset, but business is business. I will appreciate the units I have, forever and try to stay apprised of what's going on in LSV land.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've fallen asleep with mine on my lap on the couch. Never been an issue for me. I don't condone doing this, but I lived to tell the tale.

My understanding is that they just aren't popular enough to continue manufacturing, so once remaining stock is depleted, they're EoL. The Surfer is still most folk's go to when they hear Elev8. There's a cost to buy stock, manufacture it, inventory it, retail it, and support it in a sustainable manner. The numbers probably don't make sense for the LSV at this point. It's a soft-sunset so it will be available until body parts are gone, at which point I believe they'll still support spare glass and accessories for it.

If I'm speaking out of turn, someone correct me. I love love love my LSV's and am sad to see them sunset, but business is business. I will appreciate the units I have, forever and try to stay apprised of what's going on in LSV land.
Paper joint’s, leftover toilet paper roll’s, fruit/Vegetable make-shift smoking device @1st?
Da LSV was da kine 4 da smaller H2O glass pipe’s 4 CIVILIZED lover’s of CANNABIS!

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I don't know if this will help or not, but I was wanting a stand for my lsv, came up with this from Amazon for $12.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYQWGTM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RX6qsKG.jpg

uJisOsi.jpg
Well, I'm sold. I just ordered the recommended stand. Thank you, @CrazyDiamond for sharing this idea. I've been using a rolling pin cradle, but I kind of need it for my rolling pin.

Thanks to @Chainfish for the idea. I looked on Amazon US for the same or similar, this is the cheapest of this style...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KP5ES5GRBNBG
Thank you, @Chainfish. My stand should be here in a few days.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I've been visiting family since yesterday and I do miss my LSV...I use it every day. Just got it on the latest release of the HighLighter from REFC and I'm looking forward to what it can provide for me. I will keep my LSV; it has treated me well.

Top Bottom