Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
@howie105 Does DDaves mod kit work with the LSV it seems like it's only for the DBV and SSV with the Conical Ground Glass 18 MM connector does the LSV have the same cover over the heater? How would you use this with the LSV if not? I just ordered the LSV and the kit after reading your post :) No biggie I can figure out a use for anything, but I'm curious if it works regularly or how you use it?

howie105

Hey bkkbob
The Ddave parts will fit the LSV, of note the 18 mm angled wand which is one of my favorite replacements for the OEM transfer wand. The 14 mm parts work too if you use the included reducers.

Last edited:

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
@howie105 Does DDaves mod kit work with the LSV it seems like it's only for the DBV and SSV with the Conical Ground Glass 18 MM connector does the LSV have the same cover over the heater? How would you use this with the LSV if not? I just ordered the LSV and the kit after reading your post :) No biggie I can figure out a use for anything, but I'm curious if it works regularly or how you use it?
The LSV has a combo 18mm ST female as well as a male ball joint, so both work. Quite honestly I've never used the ball portion and always opt for the 18mm fm for basket packs and stem packs.

codexica

My LSV is about to get so frickin' spoiled! Since I'm set vape-wise for the foreseeable future, I've mainly been getting glass and accessories for my various vapes in these 4/20 sales, and I can't wait!

I'm especially looking forward to playing around with some dry vaping options for the LSV. I'm so used to automatically running my smoke through water (I hated joints and and spoon pipes and literally only smoked in bongs/bubblers) that I assumed I'd be the same way with vapor. However, I've found that I really do enjoy the flavor dry in the stock wand, though the awkward, unwieldy shape leaves a lot to be desired. So I picked up a few options to let me play around with dry vaping: two different j hooks, as well as a grav helix premix chamber (looks fun!) and some mouthpieces (and a few more styles of m2m adapters :D). It's going to be an exciting time checking my mailbox as purchases start to roll in!

west-elec

My LSV is about to get so frickin' spoiled! Since I'm set vape-wise for the foreseeable future, I've mainly been getting glass and accessories for my various vapes in these 4/20 sales, and I can't wait!

I'm especially looking forward to playing around with some dry vaping options for the LSV. I'm so used to automatically running my smoke through water (I hated joints and and spoon pipes and literally only smoked in bongs/bubblers) that I assumed I'd be the same way with vapor. However, I've found that I really do enjoy the flavor dry in the stock wand, though the awkward, unwieldy shape leaves a lot to be desired. So I picked up a few options to let me play around with dry vaping: two different j hooks, as well as a grav helix premix chamber (looks fun!) and some mouthpieces (and a few more styles of m2m adapters :D). It's going to be an exciting time checking my mailbox as purchases start to roll in!
Good move, 100% agree dry is far superior. If you think about it, we all know the terps turn to vapour at lower temps, so logically they recondense earlier when the vapour is cooled. So water grabs your best flavours for only minimal noticeable difference in heat.
I always go for low volume bubblers, j hooks and hammer pipes or dimpled stems.
LSV really was well ahead of the rest with its dry glass wand and bong compatibility, now everything has a WPA.
To make the stock wand a little more ergonomic I like to lay the LSV flat, sit off to the side and add a 14mm j hook to the end of the wand. The rounded end mates well with 14mm and means it can swivel around to match where your mouth sits and the extra length cools beautifully with a fairly straight path so little lost taste.

codexica

To make the stock wand a little more ergonomic I like to lay the LSV flat, sit off to the side and add a 14mm j hook to the end of the wand. The rounded end mates well with 14mm and means it can swivel around to match where your mouth sits and the extra length cools beautifully with a fairly straight path so little lost taste.
Ooooooh, thank you for the tip! I definitely would not have thought of trying to mate the tip of the stock wand with a 14mm female connection... One of the two j hooks I have on the way is a 14mm one, so I shall be experimenting with that for sure!

I'm really starting to see the appeal of spiky glass and bends in the glass for cooling now that I don't have to mask/filter the nasty smoke taste anymore. Gimme those tasty terps! Playing around with the variables of vaping is so fun now that I have the hardware to really produce satisfying hits of vapor.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I don't know if this will help or not, but I was wanting a stand for my lsv, came up with this from Amazon for $12.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYQWGTM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RX6qsKG.jpg

uJisOsi.jpg

codexica

Oooh, nice one, @CrazyDiamond! I stuck a hook on my desk, which is where my LSV hangs out when it's on, but I might look into a stand like that so I can use the LSV elsewhere, too. :-) Of course, what I'm really hoping is that @Delta3DStudios is able get access to more machinery and bring his awesome LSV stand back....

But my 4/20 order from @RogueGuy is in, and one of the things I got was a J hook -- I played with it a little bit last night with my vapcap, and now that work is done for today, it's time to have a happy 4/20 and introduce it to my LSV. One hit in and I am loving the combo. :-)

j hook.jpg

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I love the hook from desk idea, but I really don't have a spot on my desk for it. What you see in my pics is my vaping station...a trunk, lol. I gotta get a j-hook as well and give that a try.

codexica

@CrazyDiamond, yup, that's a regular 18/18 male to male. I've picked up a couple of 18/18 and 18/14 m2m adapters, which makes it easy to use the LSV with most glass :-).

For the shims/spacers, I'm just using whatever the LSV stock configuration is, since my heater cover fits well. I did have to pull out the ceramic heating element a little, though -- mine arrived with it pushed down as far as it could possibly go, and I was wondering why mine seemed to run so cool until I read through the thread!

codexica

My ridiculously thick and awesome HD three-piece from Goo Roo Glass arrived, and I gotta say it goes extremely well with the LSV. It's far and away the most expensive piece of glass I own, but this setup slaps, and I definitely recommend.

Attachments

• goo roo glass bubbler.jpg
    goo roo glass bubbler.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 31

codexica

Ack! Looks like I can't edit my post any longer, but I also wanted to ask: Is there anyone who makes good m2m adapters with a 19/22 joint size that let you put a screen at the base of the joint, rather than a little further down in the center of the adapter?

The adapter I'm using on my Goo Roo piece is one that I picked up from 420edc, but I'm hoping for something with a bigger "ledge" at the base of the joint, which would make getting the screen properly placed less finicky. I like the combination of bowl size/distance from the heater with the screen placed thusly in the short-ish 19/22 joint, so if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!

420edc adapter w screen.jpg

arb

Semi shaved ape
Ack! Looks like I can't edit my post any longer, but I also wanted to ask: Is there anyone who makes good m2m adapters with a 19/22 joint size that let you put a screen at the base of the joint, rather than a little further down in the center of the adapter?

The adapter I'm using on my Goo Roo piece is one that I picked up from 420edc, but I'm hoping for something with a bigger "ledge" at the base of the joint, which would make getting the screen properly placed less finicky. I like the combination of bowl size/distance from the heater with the screen placed thusly in the short-ish 19/22 joint, so if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!

View attachment 7661
Just to be clear do you want the screen where it is in the pic?

hoptimum

the SSV hands free wand or the DBV wand are a little less cumbersome than the transfer wand.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
@codexica Here's what I have, not exactly what you're looking for, but I use the second pic variation with my LSV. The first pic is an 18mm/18mm female to male adapter from Aqualab (the 18mm is NOT shown in the pic at Aqualab)(the arrow points to where the screen sits). I then use a generic 18mm/18mm male to male to LSV.
2Jy5Lp8.jpg

sLfufav.jpg

Chainfish

Difficulty gaming and vaping the LSV the same time? Cheap amazon mic stand with shock grip £16 and problem solved https://flic.kr/p/2kWLC3d

Last edited:
Top Bottom