Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

stinkmeaner

aesthyrian said:
Well, the fact that is it neither $500 nor a soldering iron are two key points you seems to have missed..

Actually you seem to be missing something because this LSV does share the SAME basic components as a soldering iron, just add a common household dimmer. In fact this has the SAME internal parts as the SSV & DBV, the only thing different is the heater angle.

I can't for the life of me figure out why some people can't see this, this shows people will buy anything, all you have to do is drill some holes in some common aluminum tubing and people go nuts over it.
I remember there was a time when the Phedor came out and people knew it was just a soldering iron tip in a box, but now it seems people can't recognize the same B.S. design if you put the same soldering iron in a tube with a common household dimmer, way to spend $300 guys!

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
aesthyrian said:
Like Stinkmeaner said, it looks like a very similar heating element to the ceramic ones used in the DBV and SSV. Find me a soldering iron with a ceramic tip.
Except there's no picture of the heating element on their entire site. In fact it looks like they went to great lengths to not photograph it. I find that fishy.

Pappy,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Pappy, elmomuzz posted a picture showing the exposed heating element.

And from what everyone has said and showed me, I guess we should all be calling the SSV and DBV soldering irons? The ceramic heating elements look nearly identical.

aesthyrian,

Beezleb

I dont see all the fuss. While using a similar engine perhaps the design will appeal to many the same way Apple and Linux appeal to others.

Due to the price point being the range of similar products I cant bitch but for those looking for a wand style vaporizer and the appearance appeal to you than this is a viable market option to consider.

Actually I do see some of the fuss and some which I do agree but we will see as more information comes to light. Too bad 7th floor appears to have bailed but cant say I would blame a company.

Beezleb,

Sahara

I like that the heater cover on the lsv makes use of both spherical and conical ground glass connections. This way, when used with the bong adapter, the heater heater cover will make a good seal without being stuck in the joint like the herborizer.

This seems like it would be good when used with pieces that don't have the strongest joints.

Sahara,
Reactions: jeff

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Maybe they were doing a lot of product testing when they first came up with pricing. :D

elmomuzz,

stinkmeaner

Beezleb said:
I dont see all the fuss. While using a similar engine perhaps the design will appeal to many the same way Apple and Linux appeal to others.

Due to the price point being the range of similar products I cant bitch but for those looking for a wand style vaporizer and the appearance appeal to you than this is a viable market option to consider.

Actually I do see some of the fuss and some which I do agree but we will see as more information comes to light. Too bad 7th floor appears to have bailed but cant say I would blame a company.

I get what you are saying about the Apple thing but one thing is for sure this is no Apple product, the level of design, build quality, fit & finish on Apple products are immaculate.

As for 7th floor bailing out, why can't you blame them?
They opened a thread for customer service but then chose which questions that they wanted to answer (i.e. only questions that are going to leave the product in a positive light) Companies should just be honest right from the beginning and admit when they are wrong if a mistake is made, then there would be no problem. Either that or stay out of the forums all together like Storz & Bickel.

One thing for sure though Beez is that you seem to like sticking up for these companies as much as I like picking out the flaws :lol: Judging from this and the Oracle thread. I can't help but to pick apart designs since that is similar to my day job.

greystr0ke said:
Looks like they have already reduced the price.
I noticed that too and I will give them credit for that because I am sure they realized that too high of a price is unwarranted because this design shares so many parts with the Silver Surfer (all the internals). The LSV is priced a couple dollars more and I guess I can accept that because it does have a few new parts like the threaded aluminum end caps and it would also take more time to make the Drilled holes in the aluminum pipe versus the simple shape of the DBV & SSV.

stinkmeaner,

OC513

Dabaholic
it MIGHT be worth that price if all the attachments were included.....but $300 for a soldering iron?? why? then add on the attachments and you're looking at about $400 and you still need a water pipe. I will wait for the beautiful and imo value priced VapeXHale........$350 out the door with some pretty nice glass included.

OC513,

Qbit

cannabanana
Heh, 'holes drilled by hand'. Big deal. I'd rather have them laser cut.

Qbit,

stinkmeaner

Qbit said:
Heh, 'holes drilled by hand'. Big deal. I'd rather have them laser cut.

What do they mean by drilled by hand? With a hand drill or could they have used a drill press and didn't use CNC, I would think it would be stupid to not use at the least a drill press.

Or maybe they used one of these:

old-hand-drill-small.jpg

stinkmeaner,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I don't have a problem with any of the marketing hyperbole (or what passes for it as written on the LSV webpage). Every company is going to have some, and to different degrees.

What is curious for me is that the LSV does not appear to bring anything new to the table that I can see. Heat wands, direct draw, whip, bag etc have all been done before. Now, if the LSV performs significantly better than the competition or if it brings something unique I'd be curious.

It isn't cheap, and I'll be honest; I don't see anything attractive....yet.

I've got an Iolite, MFLB, Extreme .v3 and SSV; what else or other capabilities does this give me?

Tom

tdavie,
This forum is genius, we're all a bunch of jaded, knowledgeable skeptics. Our first reaction to a new product like this is a pretty unanimous "bullshit!"

It's clearly way, way overpriced, and that reason alone makes it BS. Unless there's something spectacular we're unaware of, this isn't so great.

charliedontsurf,

Beezleb

hehe stinkmeaner.

Im not really sticking up as just saying what I see and I try to see from different perspectives. Nothing more nothing less.

I meant by them bailing was more along the lines about not wanting to deal with the public like us. I should of clarified but vaping tends to move one along before I always say how I am thinking it. It is cowardice for them to start up a thread and then leave all of sudden but life goes on. Kinda sad really.

One thing I keep in mind. People see things many different ways and while some may see it as an expensive iron others will see it as a functional wand vape exactly what they are looking for. I do not tell people if a vaporizer price is or is not a rip off like that but I do explain the cost issue and people can decide for themselves how important the issue is.

I would rather affect someones understanding of a vape by understanding and explaining the specifics of it. I do not really judge a model on price so much from my perspective but how it functions. I tend to direct people towards vapes the best suites their style and needs. For someone looking for a wand vape I would recommend them "looking into" or "checking out" the vape.

I am not so wise in design and materials and the like to be able to pick a vape apart. I am more of a management background and not a mechanical or engineering background and thus I just try to understand the workings of the vaporizers and try to use that information to help better advise in a direction for someone to look in.

Beezleb,

george

i agreee with whoever said this, it would be worth 300 if it came with the accessories. I mean, they advertise it being used on glass, but to do so, you gotta buy anotherrr thing...and the unit is already 300. c'mon

george,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
If you ask me it looks like a copy-cat version of this http://herbiron.com which has been around for about a year now. The herb iron is only 74.99, which is a price point that makes sense for what you are getting.

DeepFried,

stinkmeaner

DeepFried said:
If you ask me it looks like a copy-cat version of this http://herbiron.com which has been around for about a year now. The herb iron is only 74.99, which is a price point that makes sense for what you are getting.

I think it leans more towards a copy of their existing products (DBV & SSV) all the parts are the same:

* Same Aluminum tubing for the housing just smaller diameter
* Cartridge heater heating element
* Dimmer or rheostat
* LED light
* Cord/plug
* Same style Glass Heater Cover but a different angle
* Same Knob as Da Buddha

So now that they lowered the price it is not as ridiculous of a price since it does have some extra machining, drilling, and lathe work but it would look much friendlier if priced closer to the SSV given the Cloud will be out soon and it has newer features and an overall original design with custom glass with percs.

stinkmeaner,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
the knob looks way smaller than a DBV one. But yeah, it's just a repackaged SSV/DBV aimed at being smaller and easier to use for certain purposes.

I already have a DBV though.. :lol:

aesthyrian,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Wow. I love 7th Floors vapes and designs usually, but this one just doesn't arouse my interest at all. As others have said, its just a dbv/ssv with a slightly different enclosure and HC angle and w/o the use of a whip. The price is definitely NOT right as it is. I think a lot of ppl would rather just get a dbv/ssv and GG adapter for their pipes and use the whips, or get the cloud if they really want to use a vape with the same style of usage. I personally like using a whip vape with water adapter because i feel much more comfortable handling a $15 adapter when im getting stupid instead of a $200-300 vape. I know some ppl are real picky on the 100% glass airpath thing, but i'm not one of them, and i think they all either own a VHW or similar model vape or are waiting on their cloud.

It also looks like the temp knob could easily get bumped while being handled, and this could lead to accidental combustion. hell, it happened to me and my friends a couple of times with the dbv, and this vape is designed to be handled even more so the odds would be even higher. They need to use one of those knobs you set and then push in so they cant be accidentally bumped. Even then, it still wouldnt be worth the price unless it comes with at least a basic glass tube or something.

Cmon 7th Floor, think outside the box a bit! if you want to sell a vape at this price, you cant just rehash the same old design!

steiner666,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Personally I would be more interested in this if the price tag was below that of the DBV. If they are going to pretty much be using the type of design when compared to their two other vapes... then I would be interested if the price was lower. I am sure it is not that difficult to make the glass since they already are producing many pieces to go with the DBV and SSV. The LSV just uses slightly different shaped parts. And the all glass delivery piece is nothing more than a really long wand without tubing.
And as far as the housing goes, other then the hand drilled holes I cannot see that much more work put into making the body than goes into something like the SSV or DBV. For what it is... too much money.
I agree with Steiner.

DevoTheStrange,

stinkmeaner

Yeah they could have at least included a little glass tube or beaker in with the deal, I mean how hard would that be since they have their own glass artists and I know a small beaker is not that much to make given that companies like HVY sell a small, thick, and simple beaker for around $50 retail.

stinkmeaner,
Top Bottom