Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Gnome34

I broke the LSV out tonight for the first time in a good while. Other devices arriving had to be tested! Eventually the LSV went into the closet and was forgotten until this evening.

Used the included wand at about noon on the dial. The terps! The high! The easy cleaning! ....that damn hot body. The awkward use while seated due to power cord and wand length?! That inability to leave it on for long without worrying about starting a fire. For me the pros outweigh the cons, I just won't use this one as a nightcap for fear of waking up to a bad surprise.

She's staying out for a good long while 😉. I may pickup a spare while they still have some in stock. Absolutely love this one, going to give it a spin on a water piece tomorrow, used to be my favorite way to use the LSV. That wand was dang good tonight though!

Gnome34

Glad you hear you got it out. Have you ever considered the SSV?
I have two!

I need to order a new heater for one while I'm thinking of it.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
... i would if i didnt need to use a whip, a glass wand or mouthpiece looks like it would be too awkward to hit... LSV was perfect because you can use it directly with any bong or glass stem/wand... its easy to handle, not bulky etc..
I fully feel your points! I find it really easy, and a bit safer as the base unit is larger. Either way, thanks!!!!!

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Finally got around to adding some stainless steel screen fins to my LSV heater. Works great at around 13 watts, which allows me to comfortably handle any part of the metal body during continuous operation. The screen fins provide more surface area to heat the air and ensure the heater is centered in the glass heater cover for uniform air flow. The heater does not visibly glow and the taste is great.
7thflrscreenfinheater.jpeg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Finally got around to adding some stainless steel screen fins to my LSV heater. Works great at around 13 watts, which allows me to comfortably handle any part of the metal body during continuous operation. The screen fins provide more surface area to heat the air and ensure the heater is centered in the glass heater cover for uniform air flow. The heater does not visibly glow and the taste is great.

Incredible! Alan's always innovating :bowdown:

darkstar72

Silly question @Alan - What size screens and how did you go about creating the right size holes on the ss screen fins? Thanks for innovating and sharing.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
That is a neat upgrade and safer than balls.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Silly question @Alan - What size screens and how did you go about creating the right size holes on the ss screen fins? Thanks for innovating and sharing.
I start with a 1/2" round screen and form it into an 8mm basket shape. Poke a hole in the center of the screen with sharp pin. Use a sharp point nail to expand the hole larger. Finally a center punch w/ long taper section to expand the hole to the size where it will fit. I don't actually punch a hole in the fabric, just expand the hole until it fits the heater rod. It places many of the ss wires in contact with the heater rod and keeps the screen from moving.

That is a neat upgrade and safer than balls.
Thanks Steve. Much safer than balls and at a lower operating wattage. If the glass heater cover were the standard 22mm size, larger screen fins could be used and the operating wattage could be reduced further.

Marcus

How does the LSV compare to the torch Elev8r?

My LSV is way too hot on lowest setting to use the wand with, I have to use it through the water pipe adapter. Maybe it's because of UK electrickery voltage, but it combusts on lowest setting with the wand.

Anyway, I find the LSV drier than the elev8r and not as tasty.

I love my elev8r ... but I like my LSV on a winter's evening to warm my hands. :brow:

My LSV is way too hot on lowest setting to use the wand with, I have to use it through the water pipe adapter. Maybe it's because of UK electrickery voltage, but it combusts on lowest setting with the wand.

Anyway, I find the LSV drier than the elev8r and not as tasty.

I love my elev8r ... but I like my LSV on a winter's evening to warm my hands. :brow:
Do you use the official WPA from Elev8 or do you use an 18mm male adapter like a lot of others on this thread seem to?

ImprisonedFetus,
Reactions: Vitolo
Hello! I dot know if anyone still lurks the thread on this particular vape but...

I just bought one of these off of ebay (perhaps from someone here).... Its missing the heater cover. When I look to buy a replacement heater cover, I noticed there are two different types, a longer one and a shorter one.

Is it down to preference? Is there one that works on an older version of the lsv and not the newer one? Can I buy either one and it will work?
What do I need to know about buying a replacement heater cover?

Anyway, cant wait for it to arrive, and buy my heater cover. I've been eyeing this device for quite a while. Thanks!

Pukka

If anyone needs a spare backup LSV, Elev8 has factory seconds priced quite attractivily. And it is for a fully kitted device with, to my eye, no visible defect except that is a lovely shade of black & purple.

All hail the Pipe Bomb!

Top Bottom