4MD by Herbaltherm

Yoosh

Company Rep
Hey everyone! The 4MD is a wooden desktop unit that uses our high surface area heater in a sleek buttonless design.

It's designed to be extremely compact, silent, and free of battery or butane management. Plug it in and its always ready to go. It will work with a variable voltage power supply which will come packaged with the 4MD.

This will be our first design that is NOT manual! Enjoy the power of our heaters without having to manually control it with a button. Set your desired setting on the vvps and you'll have endless vapor on tap. Just pack your bowl, connect your 4MD, draw, and that's it. The 4MD will have great airflow so you won't be forced to pull slowly with a tight draw, you can tailor your temp to your preferred draw speed and the heater will keep up.

Not only will the 4MD have a massive 12v heater but it will also have glass balls :brow: It's a beefed up combination of the Zion and 1MT

Here's a quick video and a few pics:

Video showing usage with the prototype:

4mdpepsi.jpg
4md.png
4md2.png

Here's the info directly off our site:

"Inspired by the CHAMPS Driftwood piece, but in a compact size.

One of the big challenges with full convection systems is that laminar flow and cold load chamber walls make for uneven temperature distribution. This is evident by a "hot spot" in the center of the load. After ten years of R&D we have fixed both of those problems with the 4MD. The heater glass is heated (don't sick your finger in the hole!) so it imparts passive conduction to the load chamber. Like the 5DT, the 4MD will feature a flow disruption pall array to both add turbulence to the air, as well as optimize the flow path. These two innovations combined with a massive 12 V heater inspired by the 2ZM have made this a best of a thermal liberator!

The Herbaltherm desktop series will standardize on a variable voltage power supply or 2 such that the power supply does not need to be purchased with future units to save a few bucks. There are a number of improvements like replaceable glass, silver plated wire, glass wire pass- through, thicker wood and bigger air gap for added insulation... and did we mention the glass ball array?

The 4Mi will be made in Walnut and Walnut Select with an exotic wood bottom cap (Exotic specie(s) TBD - Likely Purple Heart, Zebra, Leopard, Paduk). Like the 4Mi, the build quantity will be 100 - 150. The estimated ship date is 10/31/24.

First 25 will receive - Cooling mouthpiece, Walnut Stash, and 3 extra screens.

Second 25 - Glass WPA, Artisan Glass Stash and 3 extra screens.

Third 25 - Glass WPA and 3 extra screens.

Last 25 - 3 extra screens.

Currently at #3

The unit will come with the power supply"

Preorders are now available on our Herbaltherm site! 4MD Preorder Thanks for the support, have a great weekend everyone :)

HT10 for 10% off your 4MD

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Now this is what I had been waiting for, so it is an always on equilibrium style like a log hybrid? Not on demand with a trigger button, yet still on demand in use of course... with constant power from the VVPS, cool! :cool:
(Noticed a few typos above FYI)

stonedBBer

Now this is what I had been waiting for, so it is an always on equilibrium style like a log hybrid? Not on demand with a trigger button, yet still on demand in use of course... with constant power from the VVPS, cool! :cool:
What's vvps?
Very perplexed by wtf I just read /looked at and I'm not even stoned yet bahahahah

stonedBBer,
Reactions: Yoosh

Joshtownsend

cold spots aren't because the weed cools the walls. Its because the airflow isn't as good but the walls

Joshtownsend,

JH12

Does the ht10 not work on this? I got an error that coupon code doesn’t apply to this item. I have a mi3 but am definitely interested potentially in a desktop option. Any idea when these might be getting released? I know it says October but looks like that might be copied from the mi4 information.

coolbreeze

Does the ht10 not work on this? I got an error that coupon code doesn’t apply to this item. I have a mi3 but am definitely interested potentially in a desktop option. Any idea when these might be getting released? I know it says October but looks like that might be copied from the mi4 information.
Didn't work for me either.

coolbreeze,

Psyentist

Got my order in. Been looking forward to this since I saw that driftwood vape.
Sign me up for one of these please!
Super keen.
Going to have to bust out the drydrotube for this one I think.

HT10 code worked for me.

@Yoosh just curious mate, how will the vvps work for those of us not in the US? Is it able to accept 240v? And are the wall plugs interchangeable?

Cheers.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Is this RBT’s version of a log? Not a fan of unregulated, but glad u can use vvps.

Curious how this would differ from other logs? Bigger bowl with 18mm joint?
I'm hoping it's more open and powerful than other logs. My understanding is the battery version handles flavor really well. Something like this may make a perfect heavy desktop for people who need to avoid coils.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is this RBT’s version of a log? Not a fan of unregulated, but glad u can use vvps.

Yep, pretty much, should be like using the 2ZM without any battery power needed, and VPPS offering full control...

Should be pretty different, it does not have the same type of heating element that other logs rely on, it uses the RBT steel mesh high surface area, the largest one in a complex pattern, as described... Some heat island and GTR use steel mesh as part of the heater however they are still pretty different seemingly?

ZC

IH has the mesh in a spiral, which is definitely different than the RBT folded ribbon approach. If used improperly enough, you can get a spiral pattern scorch, rather than a singular near center hot spot on the RBT heaters. This makes for a more spread out hot spot, but the effect is really the same and the techniques for success are the same.

I was thinking that using balls in the mesh shape would add more turbulance, and surface area, and help distribute heat.

popitup

From the HT forums
Spent the past few weeks prototyping the desktop. Three 3D prototypes were made each with learning from the last. Iterating before the product hits production is the secret to reliable robust performance... and now the 3rd unit is in the mail on the way to beta testers. This will provide the testing and final feedback to refine the final design. The videos below show the detail of the prototyping process and a usage video. Thing smacks and it will only get better!

Thanks to the beta team in advance for their expert feedback!

Proto Vids

Yoosh

Company Rep
Yep exactly! Thanks i'll fix those :D
What's vvps?
Very perplexed by wtf I just read /looked at and I'm not even stoned yet bahahahah
Variable voltage power supply, we will include one with your 4MD so you won't need to worry about finding one
The code wasn't working when we first posted the 4MD but we fixed it within a couple hours. If you missed out on the discount let me know and I'll make it right :)
Got my order in. Been looking forward to this since I saw that driftwood vape.

Going to have to bust out the drydrotube for this one I think.

HT10 code worked for me.

@Yoosh just curious mate, how will the vvps work for those of us not in the US? Is it able to accept 240v? And are the wall plugs interchangeable?

Cheers.
We will provide you with the correct version for your region!

Yeah you could say that, it's basically a Zion in log form. It will be very different from other log vapes. Much more airflow, higher powered heater, and potential for bigger bowls if wanted.
I'm hoping it's more open and powerful than other logs. My understanding is the battery version handles flavor really well. Something like this may make a perfect heavy desktop for people who need to avoid coils.
Yep exactly! If you want to avoid coils, ball vapes, or torches than the 4MD is a great choice. It provides the same level of power as those vapes along with the convenience and safety of simple plug-in log vapes.
Yep, pretty much, should be like using the 2ZM without any battery power needed, and VPPS offering full control...

Should be pretty different, it does not have the same type of heating element that other logs rely on, it uses the RBT steel mesh high surface area, the largest one in a complex pattern, as described... Some heat island and GTR use steel mesh as part of the heater however they are still pretty different seemingly?
As shitsnacks said, it'll be very different than other log vapes. It has the form factor of a log vape but the heater is even stronger than the 2ZMs.
Are the woods going to be customizable at some point?

Exciting stuff!
As of now you can choose Walnut or Walnut Select (grains, curls, etc) and we will have exotic wood bottom caps!

Top Bottom