2nd vape purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

IZimbra

Hi guys,

I currently own a vapor brothers whip device.. and it sits on the shelf.
My prefer my bong, I like cool tasty smoke.. with the box I get some good full draws, I find them warmer, flavor.. not so much. i cant stand the popcorn taste.. i gag and not in the good way we sometimes look for when smoking :)

but.. i do acknowledge that I get very baked with less product when I vape.. just can bare taste.
any suggestions? I honestly want a portable for the second one and will sell off my orignal.
most important! taste and high.. easy cleaning and loading is also important.

mflb gives me quick access to vapor but will i be disappointing with the temp of the vapor and taste? easy clean, load and visual on the vapor..

or screw it and go for a more consistent home unit.. i wouldn't mind a device that gives the same draw and taste every time..(or as close to it as possible)

thx

IZimbra,

max

Out to lunch
Smoke is always smoke. Always combustion. You either get get it or you don't. Vapor is obtained at different temps, so it's not always the same in taste or effect. Most people prefer vapor taste to smoke taste, so if you don't like the taste of vapor at any temp you're not likely to be impressed by any brand you buy. If it's the burnt popcorn taste you're talking about, that's just from vaping herb that's been fully vaporized at that temp.

The Vapor Bros. is going to provide bigger hits than most portables can manage, and the ABV taste will be somewhat diluted by the length of the whip. The short air path on a portable usually makes the 'done taste' more apparent, and the bigger hits you get from a full sized AC vape get you buzzed quicker.

i wouldn't mind a device that gives the same draw and taste every time
Again, no vape will give you the same taste every time. The best taste is most always the first hit, and better if the temp isn't set high. Unlike smoke, vaporizing, for both taste and high, varies by degrees. It's not a one note process like smoking. The vape I'd recommend for a bong fan is the Cloud. It maintains a steady temp so you can hit it hard, and it will hit YOU hard. It'll hit your wallet hard too. A less expensive option to use with a bong would be something like the 7th Floor LSV. It requires you to pay more attention to your hits, so you don't overdraw and drop the temp too much, but you have to give up something if you want to pay less $.

IZimbra

Thanks Max! I've been drooling at the Cloud. That's exactly what im looking for!
now to choose my glass...!!!

Im reading the main thread on the product.. are there any production problems so far?

Theres a waitlist for the cloud that is forever long lol. If you want to pair your vaporizer with glass and purchase instantly without waiting then I would suggest an LSV.

SativaLover420,

hoptimum

I was
Hi guys,

I currently own a vapor brothers whip device.. and it sits on the shelf.
My prefer my bong, I like cool tasty smoke.. with the box I get some good full draws, I find them warmer, flavor.. not so much. i cant stand the popcorn taste.. i gag and not in the good way we sometimes look for when smoking :)

but.. i do acknowledge that I get very baked with less product when I vape.. just can bare taste.
any suggestions? I honestly want a portable for the second one and will sell off my orignal.
most important! taste and high.. easy cleaning and loading is also important.

mflb gives me quick access to vapor but will i be disappointing with the temp of the vapor and taste? easy clean, load and visual on the vapor..

or screw it and go for a more consistent home unit.. i wouldn't mind a device that gives the same draw and taste every time..(or as close to it as possible)

thx
I was in a similar position with a Vaporwarez. I've since acquired a MFLB, Solo, Extreme Q, Iolite and Da Buddah. I do not have a Cloud, they look very cool, though. If you don't want to spring for $500, give Da Buddah or Silver Surfer a look. Both pair with glass nicely.

hoptimum,
Sounds like the Solo would be a good match for you. It's portable, easy to clean, and pairs nicely with water pipes

kingofnull,

IZimbra

Thanks for all the quick friendly replies.. i dig the vibe!
I spent the last few days doing more research on getting to know my options :)
still looking, here's where i'm at.

cloud : At 499$ with a new piece of glass.. and small price for upgrades.. not a bad deal if your lifestyle allows you to spend that money. Not portable for stealthy incognito vapors.
Cleaning, bowl management and ease of use. this thing was well thought out imo.
1 year warranty, not a fan of that when buying first generation.. but seeing vids of it in actions.. wow

portable units with proprietary batteries or replaceable ones are not what I want.. i knew that much.
I hate dealing with electronics that die out on me because of poor tech.. why i was/am interested in the mflb. concern with mflb.. i wont get medicated enough or fast enough.. spend 130$ on it only to be at square one.

and the heat goes on

IZimbra,
MFLB was my second vaporizer and it served me well for two years of nearly exclusive use. You will get medicated from the MFLB and your tolerance level will dictate how long it takes you to get there.

I think it's a great vape for anyone to own because it uses commonly found batteries, and for practical purposes is indestructable - it makes a fantastic backup. Of course there's also that lifetime warranty. Gotvape will price match an MFLB as low as $80 AFAIK.

Still, my pick for you right now would be the Arizer Solo. Glass stems aside, it's a very durable unit. It offers the best taste of all the portables I've tried. It's certainly in the top three big hitters in the portable market IMO. And if you already have a GonG waterpipe, a $15 GonG stem from PlanetVape gives you a nice glass on glass connection. The Solo stock stems work in both 14 and 18 GonG out of the box also.

edit: just saw you don't want a 'proprietary' battery portable. I still think the Solo is worth looking into. It seems as though battery replacement options will be available in the future.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Have you considered the gn0me?

It is butane powered (torch lighter only), but there is no butane inhalation. It is glass so it is fragile, but you get an awesome taste and nice clouds, it is easy to pair with a bong and it fits in your jeans pocket. The learning curve is very quick, although there is a technique to it, it is pretty much intuitive.

The only downside to the gn0me is you cant use outside in the open, and it breaks.

vorrange,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
MFLB was my second vaporizer and it served me well for two years of nearly exclusive use. You will get medicated from the MFLB and your tolerance level will dictate how long it takes you to get there.

I think it's a great vape for anyone to own because it uses commonly found batteries, and for practical purposes is indestructable - it makes a fantastic backup. Of course there's also that lifetime warranty. Gotvape will price match an MFLB as low as $80 AFAIK.

Still, my pick for you right now would be the Arizer Solo. Glass stems aside, it's a very durable unit. It offers the best taste of all the portables I've tried. It's certainly in the top three big hitters in the portable market IMO. And if you already have a GonG waterpipe, a $15 GonG stem from PlanetVape gives you a nice glass on glass connection. The Solo stock stems work in both 14 and 18 GonG out of the box also.

edit: just saw you don't want a 'proprietary' battery portable. I still think the Solo is worth looking into. It seems as though battery replacement options will be available in the future.

Agreed on all points. I know I'm going to keep my LB around for sure, it's just stupid not to since it already works great for me. Functional batteries can be had for a small amount of money... just two days ago I was at Costco when I spotted a 10 pack of Eneloops fit for the Box straight from the shelf! Walmart, Target, any store with rechargable batteries... as long as you know what to look for, you can find power to keep it going.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: kingofnull
Agreed on all points. I know I'm going to keep my LB around for sure, it's just stupid not to since it already works great for me. Functional batteries can be had for a small amount of money... just two days ago I was at Costco when I spotted a 10 pack of Eneloops fit for the Box straight from the shelf! Walmart, Target, any store with rechargable batteries... as long as you know what to look for, you can find power to keep it going.

The only thing I find annoying is having to peel the labels.

kingofnull,

hoptimum

The only thing I find annoying is having to peel the labels.
It's a bit of a pain peeling those labels, and getting enough of the glue off so you can insert it in the box. I found that using some ISO helped quite a bit with the glue. I think others have mentioned this, too, but you can find battery caps in the hardware store in the screw protector bin.

hoptimum,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Do the batteries have to be rechargeable to work in the LB I have tried to peel some regular duracells and they didn't work.......

Puffers,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

Thanks Max! I've been drooling at the Cloud. That's exactly what im looking for!

I'm surprized you picked The Cloud as a 2nd choice (according to title) so i wanted to know what's going to be your 1st one!...

:D

Egzoset,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom