25mm Quartz banger as a convection heater

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nice one. Seen someone doing that few years ago on youtube with just a quartz cup insert stuck into his coil. The video was name Hits from the Quartzonic ,lol.. :D
Actually i have something similar built-in a logvape shape,which i call the Logolution,which again features my self made coils,but i have left that one for later phases of R&D ,cause my mind gets oversteched between different ideas,lol.. Now that i see that the vapolution is no more ,there really might be a niche for such a product ..Heater is very similar to Vapolution 2,but my heater isnt ceramic.. Your coil setup is more like the vapolution 3 :D..

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
but i have left that one for later phases of R&D ,cause my mind gets oversteched between different ideas,

Man I know how that feels!! :nod::nod::nod:

I'm always tinkering between different ideas.

I like that you and Hippie Dickie are making your own coils, the enail coil is simple and effective but it's a little too bulky to easily stuff in an enclosure.

This type of heating is probably one of the oldest around in vaporizer design, simple and effective.

Abysmal Vapor

Haha,it is what i am mostly proud of .. (that i make everything from readily available parts. I cut my bamboos,drill my corks ,make the heaters,assemble controllers. Traveling between ideas is sometimes a good thing.It is how i managed to combine most of my ideas in one - the female glass logball heaters ,they can do both pure convection and hybrid ,depending on what bowl you use .
Btw i got the Logolution idea straight from HippieDickie thread ,he has a round bud toaster at one of the pages,i just did it way simpler without the PID,but it it still works very good :). The workname on the Logolution was E-Cheaponic,lol..

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Haha,it is what i am mostly proud of .. (that i make everything from readily available parts. I cut my bamboos,drill my corks ,make the heaters,assemble controllers. Traveling between ideas is sometimes a good thing.It is how i managed to combine most of my ideas in one - the female glass logball heaters ,they can do both pure convection and hybrid ,depending on what bowl you use .
Btw i got the Logolution idea straight from HippieDickie thread ,he has a round bud toaster at one of the pages,i just did it way simpler without the PID,but it it still works very good :). The workname on the Logolution was E-Cheaponic,lol..

I've seen the round bud toaster! I read that whole thread again recently, it's great. The only thing thats disappointing about some of these legacy threads is so many of the pictures are unviewable now.

That's really impressive how you build all those components! I need to learn more about working with electronics so I could tinker with some of my more intricate ideas.

What are you making your coils from? SS? Nichrome? Kanthal?

invertedisdead,

Abysmal Vapor

I've seen the round bud toaster! I read that whole thread again recently, it's great. The only thing thats disappointing about some of these legacy threads is so many of the pictures are unviewable now.

That's really impressive how you build all those components! I need to learn more about working with electronics so I could tinker with some of my more intricate ideas.

What are you making your coils from? SS? Nichrome? Kanthal?
Well i tried almost everything except nichrome, currently playing with Zirconium vaping wire,as gives me the most comfortable resistance value for my build ,and also is much easier to work with than SS,which requires 3 times the finger strenght and flexibility .Also there is heat threatment and controlled cooling ,involve.,.What i dont like about SS, is how sometimes it decides to change shape and uncoil,so additional fasteting have to be secured,so i dunno if it is worth my trouble if i am to make a few . Anyway i have many variations of the protypes ,most of them just heating elements and i am monitoring the wear and tear on it.
HippieDickie recommends nichrome 80 ,but i still havent had the chance to source one,but probably wont,cause zirconium wire performs more than great.

Top Bottom