2010 ARIZER EXTREME Q 4.0 or a Volcano Classic?

Anthony

Anthony
Hey guys! or should I say "high guys" (not to be cliche')

I am new and this is my first post, so be gentle on a n00b

I recently (2 weeks ago) gotten a Magic Flight Launch Box and LOVE IT.
Before I had a cheap eBay vape, which worked OK....but broke after 6 monhts

Now I have an question that I hope you can all help me with.

I recently got the option to buy a Volcano Classic Vaporizer for $300 + Magic Flight Launch Box (I have 2 Launch boxes, so trading 1 isn't a huge deal)

But when looking online it seems like the Volcano is "the vape" to get if you can, but how much better is it then the NEW 2010 ARIZER EXTREME Q 4.0?

I can buy a NEW 2010 ARIZER EXTREME Q 4.0 on eBay for $180-200ish Brand new and this Volcano with minor use will run me $300 + MFLB

Is the deal worth it or should I just sell my second MFLB and buy a NEW 2010 ARIZER EXTREME Q 4.0 for $120ish after selling the MFLB?

This is what included with the Volcano:
-Mouthpiece
-Filling Chamber
-Receiving Unit
-Filling Chamber Insert
-Along with the actual Volcano itself
-4 XL size bags.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,
Anthony

Anthony,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Try this search.

2a4vehz.gif

Getting a brand new ExtremeQ for 149 shipped with a warranty and bag/whip functionality seems like a better deal than a used Volcano for more than twice as much. Unless you really want the Volcano's bag valve system.

vtac,

Anthony

Anthony
vtac said:
Try this search.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2a4vehz.gif

Getting a brand new ExtremeQ for 149 shipped with a warranty and bag/whip functionality seems like a better deal than a used Volcano for more than twice as much. Unless you really want the Volcano's bag valve system.
Thanks, got great info from that search!

OK, so my basic question was would someone want a Volcano or a ExtremeQ basically.

Anthony,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If those are my only choices, I get the Extreme because I prefer the whip. If I can get anything I want, I get the best whip vape available.

stickstones,

Anthony

Anthony
stickstones said:
If those are my only choices, I get the Extreme because I prefer the whip. If I can get anything I want, I get the best whip vape available.
Thanks, How about the Zephyr Ion? Should I get that?

Anthony,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If they come out with the promised whip, then I would definitely give it strong consideration.

stickstones,

stinkmeaner

Is this even a question. Get the Volcano, the build quality difference between the two are night and day. Besides used Volcano Classics go for $400+ on Ebay, so you are getting a great deal plus a bonus MFLB.

Is the Volcano the shiny brushed metal version or the dull silver? The shiny one is a newer version and should have the new high output pump they upgraded to a while back.

stinkmeaner,

Anthony

Anthony
stinkmeaner said:
Is this even a question. Get the Volcano, the build quality difference between the two are night and day. Besides used Volcano Classics go for $400+ on Ebay, so you are getting a great deal plus a bonus MFLB.

Is the Volcano the shiny brushed metal version or the dull silver? The shiny one is a newer version and should have the new high output pump they upgraded to a while back.
I see it tomorrow to tell what edition, I hope its shiny lol
Also, The MFLB is MINE and im giving it to him WITH $300 for the Volcano

Well it seems like my options now are:

Zephyr Ion for $310ish
or
Volcano Classic for $300 plus MY Magic flight launch box

decisions decisions....

Anthony,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
Is this even a question. Get the Volcano, the build quality difference between the two are night and day.
They are? Have you had the two side by side to compare? Not a rhetorical question. Would just really like to know. I would expect the 'Cano to be a bit better engineered, but a night and day difference? I have the Zephyr and it's built like a tank, but I don't have a 'Cano to compare it to.

lwien,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Get the volcano! They are the shit, it will always blow dank bags no matter what and it won't break. If you want a whip you can always invite a friend over and stick a vapor globe over it.

bluntfaced,

Cappella Sistina

If you're even considering a Volcano, i'd suggest going with a Zephyr Ion instead.

Excellent quality, and a whip is supposedly coming out soon for it.

You'd get a warranty.

Cappella Sistina,

stinkmeaner

lwien said:
stinkmeaner said:
Is this even a question. Get the Volcano, the build quality difference between the two are night and day.
They are? Have you had the two side by side to compare? Not a rhetorical question. Would just really like to know. I would expect the 'Cano to be a bit better engineered, but a night and day difference? I have the Zephyr and it's built like a tank, but I don't have a 'Cano to compare it to.
Yes I have thoroughly examined the Extreme and it is like a tin can when compared to a Volcano, the Extreme is built like a clock radio and everything just feels flimsy when you compare it to a Volcano. The Volcano is like a good range like a Wolf or Blue Star and the Extreme is like a Whirlpool or GE oven, they both do the job but one is just more industrial than the other.

I have not seen the Zephyr in person so I can't really comment other than what I hear is that most people say it is very sturdy and built with thick plastic like the Herbal Aire.

stinkmeaner,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Anthony said:
stinkmeaner said:

I see it tomorrow to tell what edition, I hope its shiny lol
Also, The MFLB is MINE and im giving it to him WITH $300 for the Volcano

Well it seems like my options now are:

Zephyr Ion for $310ish
or
Volcano Classic for $300 plus MY Magic flight launch box

decisions decisions....
Absolutely get the Ion. I would not trade my new Ion and an LB for a used Volcano. You will miss the LB as soon as you get rid of it and then you will spend another $100. I've used a Volcano and own an Ion. I see no reason to spend more on a used Volcano when you can get a new Ion with a warranty (good point, Cappella) that is also going to come with a true whip someday. That globe people put over the Volcano is not true whip hitting, and you will see a big difference between the two! The Ion is definitely built like a tank...heavy and tough (I'm the idiot who knocked it off the fridge and it still works fine).

stickstones,
Pffft ya I'm sure the Volcano is so much better quality wise than the Extreme come on now I leave my Extreme on 24/7 pretty much since I got it in December of 2009 and it is still as good as the day I got it , bags are always nice and cloudy , the whip hits are great and even better with the fan assist , I never tried the Ion so I can't speak for that but how many times must I say I feel Volcano owners are just heaping praise on it because they are trying to justify spending so much money on a 1 trick pony !

save your money and your LB get a Extreme !!! it even has a Remote control which I thought was just a gimmick but is very handy you'll see .

BcBud420,
stinkmeaner said:
lwien said:
stinkmeaner said:
Yes I have thoroughly examined the Extreme and it is like a tin can when compared to a Volcano, the Extreme is built like a clock radio and everything just feels flimsy when you compare it to a Volcano. The Volcano is like a good range like a Wolf or Blue Star and the Extreme is like a Whirlpool or GE oven, they both do the job but one is just more industrial than the other.

I have not seen the Zephyr in person so I can't really comment other than what I hear is that most people say it is very sturdy and built with thick plastic like the Herbal Aire.

I don't understand what you mean its like a tin can compared to the volcano I've used both and I cant notice a different. I think people are more into the idea that if something cost more than its automatically better, which in a lot of cases isn't true. I know the person who wrote this got a vaporizer already but to anyone reading this trying to decide I would go with the extreme q over the volcano because of the price mostly. You will not regret getting the extreme q if you get it .

VapeKing420,
If you really LOVE the "bag", then the Volcano is the Gold Standard. The Extreme-Q is relativey new, but the company (Arizer) has been around for a while and appears to provide good customer serivce.

One thing to consider (I write this not for the original poster, who has already made the purchase) is Noise. My wife and I primarly use our vaporizer while watching Movies. The fan used by the Volcano is loud. We found it to be "intrusive", and the crinkling of the bags was a similar, though not nearly as great an intrusion.

With "The Q" you have the option of Bag or Whip. More imporantly, "The Q" is very quiet (that's what the 'Q' stands for).

Yes, the Volcano is built like a tank; but how important is that? As others have noted, they use the Extreme for extended periods of time and have encountered no problems.

You can travel with "The Q", but the Volcano is a bit bulky for travel. Note: we've been "vaping" for 4 years and have owned 4 different vaporizers.

Good Luck

HumboldtGuy1,
The Extreme Q:

-A ballon system that produces dense clouds of white vape every time.
-it has a wonderfui whip system that works flawlessly with or without the fan assist. (which has 3 speeds btw)
-it has a remote control, you can get it warming up from across the room and get your bag started, then walk to it pick up your bag and sit down or vape from the whip!
-Digital display with a light at the bottom to make it look awesome.
-Super easy to clean as all parts are separated.
-Automatic shut off 2 hours or 4 hours (come on, you know you'll forget it on) SAFETY!
-oh yea, you can get it for $180.00 on ebay if you're smart, which i'm sure all of you are :-) my dear vape friends lol
-3 years warranty on heater (can you ask for more?)

Now, i don't know about the Volcano or the Ion or whatever it's called or anything else for that matter. So, how am i qualified for this? i got a vaporizer that works every time i turn it on, it gives me pure delicious vapor the way it was meant to be, it costs less than half when compared to a volcano. It does what i need and what it is meant to do.

Unless the volcano and Ion can produce the "stuff" you're vaping from within itself at no extra cost, the Extreme Q has just what you need.

ThisIsMyUserName,

max

Out to lunch
VapeKing420 said:
You will not regret getting the extreme q if you get it .
Sorry, that's incorrect. You can't make a blanket statement like that. No vape is going to make everyone happy. That's why there are multiple models to choose from with vapes and pretty much everything else. I bought the original Arizer model, the V-Tower, and ended up selling it. The E just adds bag fill and some bells and whistles-wouldn't have been happy with that model either. But that's just me. I wanted top rate direct draw, and this design just doesn't suit me. Doesn't mean that many others aren't perfectly happy with it. OTOH I wouldn't be happy with the 'bag only' Volcano either, even at a cheaper price.

max,
I have a volcano, extreme q, and vaporbros, and I can tell you that the extreme q gets more use than the others by quite a bit.

It's not the best bag vape, but in my opinion, bags are inferior to whip anyday. Plus a lot less maintenance.

damnyouprince,
Top Bottom