1 Oak Bongs

satan

lucifer
Has anyone ever heard of this brand? I cannot find much information or reviews about the company anywhere. I'll attach their website on this post, but I still find it strange that the guy working at the head shop wasn't even that familiar with the company. I bought the bong in the picture below for $150, a month and a half ago. No, it is not the original bowl piece; it is actually the third bowl piece I bought. The original bowl piece broke last Wednesday, I replaced it on Thursday and on Friday morning, that bowl piece rolled off the table because it didn't have the glass nipples/handles on it.
24274hc.jpg

satan,

SD_haze

Glass websites with fairly low resolution pictures, and only one pic per piece, are truly silly.
Especially when almost all the pieces have percs...

in before 'china-glass-bro" comment.
The trees definitely look "sweat shop" made.
I'm thinking one possibility is the blower uses sweat shop trees and adds them to the tubes that he blows himself (in america or wherever). Would certainly explain the price point of the pieces.

SD_haze,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
^^^ Stick around the glass section for awhile and you will be talking our lingo. ;)

Tube = main glass body, can be straight or bent
trees = type of percolation (things that make bubbles), a tree is usually a thin tube with slits cut into the sides.

SD_haze is suggesting that this glass blower might buy cheaper "trees" pre-blown and cut from overseas and simply attach them to his American bought glass tubes.

Most likely your LHS only carries cheaper made bongs as they bring the highest profit margin.

Tweak,

satan

lucifer
Ah thanks Tweak. But, to be perfectly honest; I really do not care. I don't really see the difference, it performs the intended function, I see no problem with that whatsoever.

satan,
Ah thanks Tweak. But, to be perfectly honest; I really do not care. I don't really see the difference, it performs the intended function, I see no problem with that whatsoever.

I'm the same. I have a few china glass perc pieces. They work, that's all I care about.

kingofnull,
Reactions: satan

satan

lucifer
Exactly. To be honest I am just confused how you guys can make assumptions about the trees without a good enough picture of them haha.

satan,
I agree their media is low-res, but at least that company has a website :tup:.

My cheap pieces are gradually being replaced with custom work, but they still see use.

kingofnull,

satan

lucifer
That's all that matters:lol: if you are interested in seeing my bong graveyard I could always post those pictures later too. Or some of my current pieces hah. I take it that the Extreme Q is a great vaporizer btw, I'm just waiting for another couple paychecks to pick one up.

satan,
That's all that matters:lol: if you are interested in seeing my bong graveyard I could always post those pictures later too. Or some of my current pieces hah. I take it that the Extreme Q is a great vaporizer btw, I'm just waiting for another couple paychecks to pick one up.

Yeah the EQ is really good. If you read the thread you'll no doubt read more of my praises. I am thinking of getting a log style vape though, either in addition to or instead of the EQ.

If you have pics throw 'em up!

kingofnull,

satan

lucifer
I got class in a few, but I'll be sure to give you guys some pictures tonight. Would anyone be offended if I posted a picture of some sweet sweet, purberry I got the other night?

satan,

SD_haze

Exactly. To be honest I am just confused how you guys can make assumptions about the trees without a good enough picture of them haha.
That's why I used the word possibility :p

I don't know if it was just added, but the high-res upclose tree perc picture on their website now definitely looks different than your standard china tree. The slits dont look TOO thin like a lot of bad trees have, but skinny enough to produce a nice small bubbling for good diffusion

SD_haze,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Satan...i thought the same thing about these guys and their glass at first too. But the more I learned the more I realized I dont know shit

stickstones,
Reactions: Jeppy

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Satan...i thought the same thing about these guys and their glass at first too. But the more I learned the more I realized I dont know shit
I hear ya sticks. Me either. I've learned a lot here,,,, though I'm sure these guys have forgotten more then I'll ever know. :D

Jeppy,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
GC you have to be careful. They have a HUGE woody for Toro, Apix, every RooR's a fake, etc. They're also a bunch of pricks. Evidence this response to the Intro thread to Leviathan's being on GC. Don't buy one from GC, btw (unless Lev gets commission, which I doubt).

The first time I brought up Leviathan, I got attacked. Just for putting in a good word, they're going after me personally. I know for a fact, their mods work in conjunction with members, to entrap other users. They use the rules, to punish the new guy and not even a slap on the wrist for the other user. Trust me... I've got the emails and contacts to prove it. They blatantly use a forum, to promote a storefront and then deny they're connected and its different ownership. Don't believe me? Ask them.

Sorry... I can't respect people that respond like this, to glass I know for a FACT, can hang with anything they own.

They even accuse the guy of being me. I'm sorry, but does that look like ANYTHING I would write?

LEVIATHAN!! Who else has heard of this sick ass glass?

I loved how the guy smacked them down, with the response saying, "you do realize even if I'm promoting, they sell this one in the store?". ROFL!

BigDaddyVapor,
Yeah I read that thread, pretty crazy. Still, I do think it's a good starting point when you're looking for pieces. So many times I've been researching something and had photos/videos/reviews from GC as my only source.

Didn't know that they are finally selling Leviathan there now. I'll have to take a peak, but of course I'd buy direct from him.

kingofnull,
Top Bottom