• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Zion vaporizer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I was more interested in what approved oils we could use on them for personalizing purposes/if it would affect the taste over time.

I don't see how applying oil or any other treatment would affect the taste. It could affect the smell, of course.

I haven't done anything to Jessica although I have contemplated it. Like Johnny above, she's taken on a bit of a patina from all the handling. I remain confident that Jessica is still the Zion that has been used the most.

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
I think the Zion should be finished or come with a finish to be applied. I don't want to buy a quart of linseed oil to use a tablespoon (give or take) on the Zion. I understand leaving the option open, but if you don't do home projects you probably don't have finishes and ways to apply without making a mess. Also, I would personally never use minwax stain on something I was inhaling through. It will certainly smell, and smell affects taste. I would also think @RastaBuddhaTao might be concerned about warranty claims, but maybe I'm way off base.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Was currious of there are any milkshot videos of this beast? I am unable to find any.

hweezi,

HD Springer

Well I just thought I'd take a quick second to give a little update on my beautifully scarred and tatterd Zion. This thing should of had to of been rebuilt 18 hrs into my possession. The fact as I told the Z10 guys my poor Zion looks like @1_gr8_underdog's grill. Glass missing,and to be honest I'm not sure it's running at its optimal usage. I think I could be loosing a little heat down by the screen because all that glass is missing. But this thing still produces great heat and vapor. I've even combusted a couple times as I was trying to see if she had it in her. YEP!! I'm going to send this Zion in when she's fucking dead. And not a second before(unless I'm asked to by my team leader).
I'm not sure this was the happy go lucky update I meant it to be.

Shits I gave your load suggestion a whirl and I like it a lot. I was always worried about the Zion needing to take a decent amount of product to work at its best. It being a 18mm stem and all.Nope I can load a very small amount with the screen turned into a bowl. Versatility at its finest.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I think the Zion should be finished or come with a finish to be applied. I don't want to buy a quart of linseed oil to use a tablespoon (give or take) on the Zion. I understand leaving the option open, but if you don't do home projects you probably don't have finishes and ways to apply without making a mess.
Some good points man, and I'm sure it'll come 'finished' if you wish. However you seriously do not need to buy a quart of linseed oil (I prefer walnut) - you can literally buy 100ml or so at a time if you want. You may find it a little messy to begin with but as long as you use it sparingly you shouldn't get it everywhere. No special tools are essential for application either as you can just rub it in with your hands.

And I agree - no to minwax stain unless it's a natural and completely food safe version.

But at the end of the day, have it your way :)

RBT wants you to be happy.

Peace
:peace:

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@VegNVape i was kind of playing devils advocate. I am a woodworker and will have no problem finishing the Zion. My wife, on the other hand, has no interest in applying any finish and would prefer a finished product. My original post was expressing her view, as a normal customer, and her lack of knowledge on what to buy and how to apply it properly. Just considerations as they ramp up production.

Incidentally, I would take one completely un-sanded if it meant I could have it this week.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@HD Springer when you send your Zion back what will you be reaching for? I know it's probably a bit unfair to ask as your Zion is as you say under the weather but I am sure anyone with the same 'go to' would like a comparitor.

HD Springer

Well phatts I won't be sending it back until I have a replacement in hand. Or another beta. That's the plan.
Hell I reach for Zion only. Even with it broke it still out performs all of my other vapes. My eq which up and until I recieved my Zion was a daily driver. It hasn't been turned on. My ascent,ff,vapman all have been collecting dust for a long time. Every since I got the 350/10mm Zion. So I guess I'm a Zion man. None of my $1000 worth of equipment will stack up against the power of the Zion.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@HD Springer when you send your Zion back what will you be reaching for? I know it's probably a bit unfair to ask as your Zion is as you say under the weather but I am sure anyone with the same 'go to' would like a comparitor.

Why the 10mm mini ofcourse!

Without Zion my go to might be this...
716337.gif

Some good points man, and I'm sure it'll come 'finished' if you wish. However you seriously do not need to buy a quart of linseed oil (I prefer walnut) - you can literally buy 100ml or so at a time if you want. You may find it a little messy to begin with but as long as you use it sparingly you shouldn't get it everywhere. No special tools are essential for application either as you can just rub it in with your hands.

And I agree - no to minwax stain unless it's a natural and completely food safe version.

But at the end of the day, have it your way :)

RBT wants you to be happy.

Peace
:peace:
Thx for the tip-- I have some linseed oil for my cast iron skillet, I'll be sure to see what I think of it as a wood oil!

Poostuff

Please delete
I won't make any suggestions because I hate to interfere with artists at work but I'm wondering whether the Zion will take both the flat top batteries & button top type?
I've got ecig box mods that take one or the other but bought one recently that takes both due to adjustable base pins.

thekarmawhore

I won't make any suggestions because I hate to interfere with artists at work but I'm wondering whether the Zion will take both the flat top batteries & button top type?
I've got ecig box mods that take one or the other but bought one recently that takes both due to adjustable base pins.

Good question!

The Zion and the rest of our lineup will work with both types without any adjustments.

Top Bottom