• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Zion vaporizer

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this but to me at least, my goode ol' Johnny Zion always looks like he's got the biggest & happiest yomping grin on his face ever :D Which just makes me wanna feed him nice things :)

But yesterday while introducing him to a friend who dropped by, we were suddenly reminded of another beloved and happy little fellow who likes to munch munch munch just like my boy . . .

Here's Johnny . . .

Yo cousin!

pacman-gobble.png

2 peas in a pod eh?!

Is there something you're not telling us RBT?

;)

:peace:

I've been promising a video of TheZionNextDoor with its favorite friend, the water tower. Finally got off my ass and took a few vids last night. The embedded video is the fifth hit of the session. I got ten hits as good or near as good as this one, stirring twice during the session. The abv was darkish brown with even heating. No black or yellow to be seen.

Love this vaporizer. I have now sold my Firefly and the Zion is my go-to portable vape when stealth is not needed. Enjoy.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Sweet vid Dude. That WT looks most fitting :tup:

But right now, all I really wanna say is . . . .

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! :freak:
I FUKIN LOVE MY ZION ! ! ! :rockon:

No man, seriously, you don't understand :love:

Last edited:
So I know the Zion was not designed with concentrates in mind, and we can try sandwiching a load in green or cotton.... would we be able to utilize a SS or Ti coil/wad/wick/pad/whatever-term-suits-you? Is the issue just that one has not been created specifically FOR the Zion? Not having one in front of me, I assume that the glass portion of the heater is on the side of the heater facing the buds, so using a metal "pad" wouldn't create shorts. Is this the case?

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So I know the Zion was not designed with concentrates in mind, and we can try sandwiching a load in green or cotton.... would we be able to utilize a SS or Ti coil/wad/wick/pad/whatever-term-suits-you? Is the issue just that one has not been created specifically FOR the Zion? Not having one in front of me, I assume that the glass portion of the heater is on the side of the heater facing the buds, so using a metal "pad" wouldn't create shorts. Is this the case?

There's no danger of shorts. The screen at the bottom of the bowl isn't connected to the heater. You could easily use a pad or something like that, but I have no idea which things would actually work.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I tried a little banana kush bubble hash from denver on top of herbs in Ziggy, all I've ever had myself really aside from reclaim, with a bubbler your stem/bowl is sitting in the joint and you use Zion upside down on top like a lighter, so even less worry there. It worked but I didn't kick temp hit enough to fill melt/vape it bc of herbs, did kick up the hits though a bit. Zion certainly can get hot enough (@DieHard will have a hotter one soon though, 20% hitter i think, he will be able to tell us for sure about concetrates in Zion, just may need to crank ours higher on the dial than his ofcourse)

HD Springer

Real nice pic @VegNVape. There you have the Zion concentrate design. I see no reason why that wouldn't produce huge clouds.I was just messing around with my firefly and I was pulling clouds with wax in a cotton ball. The reason I'm saying this here is because the ff is a set temp of 400 I believe don't quote me on that temp. The Zion with the ability to add power I see no reason why it wouldn't work. And work very well.

HD Springer,
Reactions: VegNVape

Shit Snacks

Real nice pic @VegNVape. There you have the Zion concentrate design. I see no reason why that wouldn't produce huge clouds.I was just messing around with my firefly and I was pulling clouds with wax in a cotton ball. The reason I'm saying this here is because the ff is a set temp of 400 I believe don't quote me on that temp. The Zion with the ability to add power I see no reason why it wouldn't work. And work very well.

Yeah FF ranges up from its starting temp up as you hold the button reaching a max, even above 400, I've had two and one was lower temp, the current one gets hotter for sure.

In any case, Zion is absolutely capable of more power, no question, plus much more airflow!

So how does it compare to a log? I'm looking to get a flower vape, but I've held off while waiting for Zion and GH to get here, as I'd prefer to have a portable if it's possible to get one close to the impressive extraction seen in the logs. Honestly, the Lil Bugger could be what I'm looking for, based on the size, but since the Zion is further ahead in development, figured I better check in and see what the opinions are. I read a lot about how it's possible to tailor the device to your preferences, which is pleasant. Also, I dunno if the lil bugger will be able to reach temps for oil, so now that I know the Zion can, I'm once again considering it an option (if only for consolidation).

Shit Snacks

So how does it compare to a log? I'm looking to get a flower vape, but I've held off while waiting for Zion and GH to get here, as I'd prefer to have a portable if it's possible to get one close to the impressive extraction seen in the logs. Honestly, the Lil Bugger could be what I'm looking for, based on the size, but since the Zion is further ahead in development, figured I better check in and see what the opinions are. I read a lot about how it's possible to tailor the device to your preferences, which is pleasant. Also, I dunno if the lil bugger will be able to reach temps for oil, so now that I know the Zion can, I'm once again considering it an option (if only for consolidation).

The little guy will certainly get hot, doesn't have the control and versatility of Zion.

Which Zion is absolutely like portable log, but frankly better imo. More like an MFLSV, its hits are a lot like a Log but I've been enjoying it more than my Underdog actually. Obviously portable is huge, but I love the integrated dial, and the trigger is great, better than constant on. The large 18mm joint is awesome too, easier to deal with and super durable, nice thick glass, wide open draw too so hits can be huge or small, all up to you. Plus i like the screens better, bowls can be adjusted but i love the way i have mine now, and getting adapters is easier and cheaper too (save for the ISO USA thing). The extraction is just tops here, makes me wonder what GH would be like (with people saying how strong the hits are), bc this really is on another level as well...

The little guy will certainly get hot, doesn't have the control and versatility of Zion.

Which Zion is absolutely like portable log, but frankly better imo. More like an MFLSV, its hits are a lot like a Log but I've been enjoying it more than my Underdog actually. Obviously portable is huge, but I love the integrated dial, and the trigger is great, better than constant on. The large 18mm joint is awesome too, easier to deal with and super durable, nice thick glass, wide open draw too so hits can be huge or small, all up to you. Plus i like the screens better, bowls can be adjusted but i love the way i have mine now, and getting adapters is easier and cheaper too (save for the ISO USA thing). The extraction is just tops here, makes me wonder what GH would be like (with people saying how strong the hits are), bc this really is on another level as well...
I don't want a log, but I'm impressed by that level of extraction. I don't like the footprint of most desktops.

Plus, portability is a concern for me. The Zion is a bit beefy, but I certainly like it's profile over a number of desktops that it sounds like it can compete with, if not outperform.

For $200, the Zion is certainly not breaking the bank, but having recently preordered a GH for my SO, I was looking more in the Little Bugger price range. I'll wait to hear more about the demo LB, but it sounds like a RBT unit of some sort is in my near future. If I knew when/if my Gh was coming, I'd feel more comfortable grabbing something less portable for that extra power (Zion).

Man, did I just talk myself into getting a Zion?

Fission

I don't want a log, but I'm impressed by that level of extraction. I don't like the footprint of most desktops.

Plus, portability is a concern for me. The Zion is a bit beefy, but I certainly like it's profile over a number of desktops that it sounds like it can compete with, if not outperform.

For $200, the Zion is certainly not breaking the bank, but having recently preordered a GH for my SO, I was looking more in the Little Bugger price range. I'll wait to hear more about the demo LB, but it sounds like a RBT unit of some sort is in my near future. If I knew when/if my Gh was coming, I'd feel more comfortable grabbing something less portable for that extra power (Zion).

Don't worry, I already talked myself into the same thing. Switched out my grasshopper preorder for it, actually, but that's just because I can't really justify buying two brand new vapes at the same time when I'm a poor college student :p

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Start Transmission . . .

O.k. so on 2nd thoughts I'm now realizing that the liquid pad will actually require cutting down & then to be wedged into the stem in place of the basket screen because there is of course, not enough room in the Zion bowl for the Mighty concentrate pad to sit comfortably as I have pictured in my previous post, along with the GonG of a stem or adapter.

Inserting a GonG into the Zion bowl on top of the concentrate pad would create unwanted pressure on the integral fine mesh screen on which the pad sits, which is located directly above the heater. Silly me.

That is all :)

. . . Message Ends.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Start Transmission . . .

O.k. so on 2nd thoughts I'm now realizing that the liquid pad will actually require cutting down & then to be wedged into the stem in place of the basket screen because there is of course, not enough room in the Zion bowl for the Mighty concentrate pad to sit comfortably as I have pictured in my previous post, along with the GonG of a stem or adapter.

Inserting a GonG into the Zion bowl on top of the concentrate pad would create unwanted pressure on the integral fine mesh screen on which the pad sits, which is located directly above the heater. Silly me.

That is all :)

. . . Message Ends.

Great catch V! We will have to put that in the users manual along with what ever @DieHard teaches us about pads & high temperature Zion use. It just might beg for a low power / high power choice?

Shit Snacks

Haha yeah this design is just great in any form, I expect big things from GH, but I can't imagine not using Zion bc of the profile and materials

Also my UD is actually quite a bit smaller than Zion, I've got a twiggier one, though it does have the bluebox vvps...

While Zion is a bit bulky perhaps, I still have find it quite portable actually (maybe bc it doesn't like leaving my hand!) Been bringing it all over, with its low volts for low temp functional highs during the day and kicking it up at home in front of the tv, using it pretty much exclusively. Big but comfortable, in every sense, and wood+glass feels so nice

Its just an extremely capable cover all vape, I think I might remember someone on here mentioning something about versatility?

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Just had a killer mind meld with @thekarmawhore. He is putting the finishing touches on the Zion for production... the new herb chamber, stir stick, two part door are in the works. With any luck we might see some eye candy next week.

It is funny how the Zion does seem to kinda become part of you. The handling, oiling (don't forget to use your favorite organic oil on your Zion wood team;) and overall environment really grow the character of each Zion as they age. I would love to see the beta team personalize there Zion... Wood burning, pencil, paint, Marker, tie dye (challenge VnV), carving (please not to deep on the heater area). They are kinda like pets?

Besides you all are getting a Zion 10 custom unit so why not personalize the Beta unit. I plan to bedazzle mine. (Smirk)

So if I want to do oil and flower, I assume I'd need a higher power unit. Are those tougher to dial in for flower, then?

ragnorokk,

Shit Snacks

So if I want to do oil and flower, I assume I'd need a higher power unit. Are those tougher to dial in for flower, then?

We will find out soon enough! I think it could work in the current unit, but DieHard will tell us, and tell us how hard it is to tame. The way RBT described it, its just 20% hotter, so if I start at 40% for herbs, he could start at 20% (I could too, but all I'd get would be purely flavor), his 75% is me chip n veg's 95%. Also be advised Dude is running cold and cybr is hot, while Kero Pak and Stones have glass insulator units.

Excited to see the new changes @RastaBuddhaTao! Bedazzling! Haha nice, I've contemplated wood burning since a friend has one, but its so tough to make a permanent change to Ziggy's natural beauty... (Maybe eventually, once said customs are in hand? :brow:)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: VegNVape

Fission

Wasn't even thinking about customization until RBT mentioned it. Wood burning might end up looking pretty slick.

Fission,
Top Bottom