• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Zion vaporizer

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@cybrguy get yourself a cloudbuddy or similar adapter and put the Zion on the outside joint, using the closer joint to clear. You will need to hold onto the bubbler, as it will tip that D020, but it sits nice and stable like this on top of my fc-186, which is similar to the gb-187.

Sarah is still humming along well. I'm getting better at it and I still am impressed by the clouds. I always use the M2M adapter with ELB and my FC-186V2, and once she gets to temp she just won't stop producing. Once again, I am tapping out before she does!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@cybrguy get yourself a cloudbuddy or similar adapter and put the Zion on the outside joint, using the closer joint to clear. You will need to hold onto the bubbler, as it will tip that D020, but it sits nice and stable like this on top of my fc-186, which is similar to the gb-187.
Yeah, thanks. As you can see a page back or so that is exactly what I've been doing with the UFO. Here it is with the D020. Surprisingly it does stand though could be easily tipped. It isn't really a "small hand piece" this way though, but it IS out of my face. The UFO, with it's girth and weight, can never really be a considered a hand piece. ;)
d9dK1ap.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, thanks. As you can see a page back or so that is exactly what I've been doing with the UFO. Here it is with the D020. Surprisingly it does stand though could be easily tipped. It isn't really a "small hand piece" this way though, but it IS out of my face. The UFO, with it's girth and weight, can never really be a considered a hand piece. ;)
d9dK1ap.jpg

Calls for a side car?

I contemplated that, and the ufo (interesting design, thoughts of it with the vapor tamer or a hydra tube... and how is the tubing it comes with? That stem fit in the Zion?), plus FC-1000 looks nuts, but went with the GB-187 for value and landmark status. If it doesn't provide enough a different experience than my honeycomb (which keeps Zion out of face decently enough, you could always get a bigger right angled joint piece with an angled neck). I haven't tried yet with my tree perc, imagine it'll be dead on face though for sure. Also have a straight tube icecatch to try at home, where I'll be later tonight now nearing the end of my 'arent they always too short' vacation

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Calls for a side car?

Heh. Venus JUST fits the FC-187v1 with the longer M2M. Dial is a fraction of a MM away.
1s4DN6Y.jpg

The greater airflow in the Zion may make my 187 a usable piece. I'll try to give this a shot tonight...

Fuck an A! I gave it a virgin run just now and it works!!! Zion just resurrected a glass piece for me. I couldn't be more pleased.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yep, that sucker is heavy glass like the UFO. It isn't going anywhere from imbalanced loads. That is why I was so disappointed that it had poor airflow, as it was a good base for "contraptions", but it was sidelined. Now that it pairs well with the Zion I am stoked.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Last name Carson? Lol i always get a chuckle from your post. I'm a child of the 80's so I'm down with Slick. Great pictures, thanks...can I use them on the www? Too good really, ya can see the prototype quality lol. Can't wait for @pakalolo to take pictures of one of the first production models. Enjoy and PM if ya need.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
So most are using a standard male to male 18.8mm adapter to hook to glass? Adding in an ELB is genuis still best bowl system on the market IMO. This 18mm male piece does not come with the beta unit i ordered does it?

Looking good. I think this one would work really well with some degummed hemp fiber. Has anyone such as @stickstones tried this yet?

Thanks everyone, sorry having a hard time follow everything in this one.

Shit Snacks

Yeah it's like the lsv (or cloud evo) that way (and others...), the basket screens the Zion comes with are actually perfect, they fit in any 18.8mm (though you do have to provide your own adapters (I believe one short stem is included, and the long stem may be as well). These adapters come wtih most china glass though at least. It does work with elbs apparently too, and EQ screens, but overall the Zion screens are the best, most versatile for any size/stem/adapter with great airflow

Actually the whole Zion experience is versatile, I'll get to my beach post at some point, but used it in several ways with a few other people as well. I was temp stepping mostly so low voltage low temp effects clouds tastes all here in spades. Slowly crank it up and you feel the difference in effects (0-100% is best way to describe, kinda like 300-400F but its manual too so 25 degree variation probably depending on use), or start at 75% and get ready full bodied hits. On demand or sessioning, one person, two or three (so far), small tasty heady hits, big heavy clouds, everything in between. A lot of fun to be had. While i wait for the 187, the results of some inline honeycomb and 10arm tree perc hits all with dial at 75%, 10sec preheat, and 15secish inhale are below...

Another beaut @RastaBuddhaTao! Youre gonna have some fun together @VegNVape...
And 80s children unite, I snuck into the decade but I decided to go a bit earlier for the name of my lovely Zion below:
Ziggy (Sawdust), fogging up a blend of some Lady Stardust for a Moonage Daydream
(...at night haha yeah its what it looks like)
VbmiKcV.jpg

elfZnmG.jpg

JbesvOR.jpg

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think this one would work really well with some degummed hemp fiber.

I'm sure you could put some of the hemp fiber in the top of the M2M and get good results. Since I run everything I can through my CloudBuddy, that's where I position the filter.

btw, I'm on my third day in a row using nothing but this thing. I feel like I really have it dialed in and am getting good, consistent low and high temp results. The other testers have units that heat up even faster than mine, so the next round of units should be pretty impressive. This has been a rewarding beta experience in that @RastaBuddhaTao has made significant improvements at several points along the way. I'm really looking forward to what the final production units can do!

HD Springer

The cloudbuddy with the cotton/hemp/filter was the best thing I could of done. The Meds you get from that filter is some of the best I've had. Great flavor. Strong,strong effects. I won't run anything at home with any other attachments. Just another great find/tip from the great people of FC.
I'm glad to see the versatility of the Zion. I think 1 of the smartest things they have done is make the accessories a universal fit. The batt. the 18mm mouth piece/bowl. Just makes the Zion that much more user friendly. I'm trying to talk myself off the ledge as I wait for her arrival. I hope I wasn't being to transparent.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ziggy (Sawdust)! I like it! :)

For you youngsters...

So I ordered a couple 18MM M2Ms from @Oregonglassblower a little longer than standard to make sure that ALL my glass will work with Venus. I think I'm good on accessories until it time for a fancy stem. :)
The cloudbuddy with the cotton/hemp/filter was the best thing I could of done. The Meds you get from that filter is some of the best I've had. Great flavor. Strong,strong effects. I won't run anything at home with any other attachments. Just another great find/tip from the great people of FC.
I think I may have to try this...

Shit Snacks

Ziggy (Sawdust)! I like it! :)

For you youngsters...

So I ordered a couple 18MM M2Ms from @Oregonglassblower a little longer than standard to make sure that ALL my glass will work with Venus. I think I'm good on accessories until it time for a fancy stem. :)

I think I may have to try this...

Ah thank you buddy, had a few brainstorms but once that hit me I knew I was done. You did a very nice job with Electra and Venus too btw, I've actually already got a name prepared for Jr that will skew appropriately younger...

Cloud buddy and filter aye? Maybe I'll look more into that at some point, a lot of the little FC glass tips I skimp out on a bit I'll admit, when water is involved things tend to get a little more out of control and scattered for me....

Last edited:

Tek

Could someone possibly post a link to info about this filter setup and it's benefits, I'm interested to know what's the deal with it. Thanks!

Tek,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
So are these units trickling out slowly? I paid about a month ago or more and haven't heard anything about it. Thanks in advance.

Madcap79,

HD Springer

@stickstones it was you who got me doing this set up. I couldn't remember but now I do remember your post with a Zion setting upside down on a cloudhbuddy. Thank you. Best move I've made with my equipment. Im currently running that cloudbuddy w my eq and I'm very upset I hadn't done that earlier. I do have a crazy question but do you have any idea how long a person could keep some pre-used filter for rainy days or when I need a XXX size dose. It really collects fast and I'd like to store it for a period of time. Oh I'm beating the hell out of my refresh button on my email account.

Top Bottom