Discontinued Zion vaporizer

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey there @little maggie :)

I think all of the first (FC)100 may already be spoken for, but if you drop @RastaBuddhaTao a PM I'm sure he'll be able to set you straight and maybe put you down on the list for an early full production model . . . .

But watch this space . . . . extended beta testing starts soon!
dexter__s_laboratory_by_mac6288-d53i8da.jpg

:D

:peace:

delloy

Hey all and @RastaBuddhaTao whats this about a mail and paying? I got in on the preorder/testing back in the beginning of march and registered with the password and username provided by RBT on the website and received some PMs from @RastaBuddhaTao confirming I was in on the FC100 but have heard nothing more since then, have I missed something? :wave:

Last edited:

Kaptan

Hey all and @RastaBuddhaTao whats this about a mail and paying? I got in on the preorder/testing back in the beginning of march and registered with the password and username provided by RBT on the website and received some PMs from @RastaBuddhaTao confirming I was in on the FC100 but have heard nothing more since then, have I missed something? :wave:
Looks like only the first 10 on the list were able to buy in at this point in time.

Tek

I want one of these as well, maybe the smaller one that was mentioned possibly being made after this but this thing is exciting and has me anxious!! Love the blend of function and wood hand crafted together!

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm so excited for you early testers. I'm good for now but watching anxiously. This feels like it could result in me replacing the mighty with this. I already use my firefly a lot of the time over the mighty, and its undoubtedly because I favor convection a lot. I hope this vape kicks ass!!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hey guys, I'm really sorry to have left you for so long without any update. My time was and still is very limited these days, so I had to use it wisely. I decided to spend the little I had to give direct updates and real-time feedback to @RastaBuddhaTao rather than posting here, this way he could start working on the FC10 as soon as I gave him the green light. The lack of updates will be compensated by the first lucky 10 receiving their beta unit sooner!

You need to know that we are actively discussing and exchanging ideas in a private conversation with the maker and all testers. We've been talking almost daily for some time now. I was the last to receive my test unit and I have done about 6-7 sessions with it only. My usage pattern is quite different from @stickstones' or @pakalolo's and this allowed to look at the device from yet another perspective.

I will not be able to write any full review right now but I will share at least the first impression I had when opening Ashton's box: it's bigger than what I expected, even after having seen the pictures and videos. It's transportable but not in your pocket. You could travel with it, or bring it outside when walking in your garden, but it's not stealth and better suited for a home usage. Here are a couple of pix for size comparison with from left to right: HD, FM5-Pro, Firewood 2.1, Ascent, Zion, FM8.

si6PGrZ.png

hI4KBHz.png

There is so much to say about it, I don't know where to start... Let's say to me it's very similar to a portable log vape with integrated variable voltage, or it's like a Firewood on steroids. My impressions so far are very positive, I like it much. But it can be a bit tricky to get the most out of it, being a fully manual drive system.

I'll give you more details when I come back later tonight.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Again I only found time tonight to give feedback to the alpha testing group, as we are trying to define a common reference setup to be able to objectively compare the different alpha Zions that have been produced so far. The goal is to better refine what the ideal heater parameters and power range should be to suit all usage scenarios.

@pakalolo proposed to measure the duration starting from a cold device with full batteries set to 50% power to get the first terps hit (duration 1) and first vapor (duration 2) out of a fresh bowl, while constantly holding the trigger button. I screwed the first measure, but I recorded 20 seconds before getting a strong but wispy taste (it was in reality lower) then 12 seconds to get visible vapor exhale. From that point on, the thing just kept going like a steam train.

Rather than write a review because it's still too soon and I must go to bed now, I'll just share with you the report I did after that test session tonight:

"Holy shit! This thing is insane! Ahston whole session at 50% is too much for me! Monstruous hits, extracting the load super fast, once again I'm completely blasted and there's still a lot of juice left! I haven't even stirred. Taste has changed now, getting that clear spent ABV taste, but previously it was delicious.

I'm used to 15+ minutes sessions, or sometimes just 5 minutes "shorties" (but 5 minutes at the same pace as the 15+ minutes standard session) Here a "shorty" with Ashton at this setting would be more like 1 minute or less to get me where I want to be!

I still prefer my usual slower pace, as I'm a low temp whore and I don't mind (and even prefer) when the session is spread in time, rather than a short duration burst (you know the "it's cultural" thing I evoked already many times about the general difference in usage patterns and habits between US and Euro people)

I like the taste as much as the effects (hmm...maybe not) so I'll surely start Ashton at a lower power most of the time...

I continued the session while keeping the knob unchanged, still exactly 50%. It's spent now, or well, there's still vapor left but I'm so wrecked that my mind tells me it's spent...and I need to sleep soon anways! I haven't stirred once. I unload the stem, let's see what we got...

Ha! When you use the device properly (who on Earth is dumb enough to put his bowl screen in the wrong direction?!! Ahem! :p) it's way more uniform, I got zero percent green, 5% light brown, 25% not even chocolate brown, and the rest is tobacco brown. Again zero black spots, no streaks, no tunneling (but I don't have @stickstone's steel lungs!)

The two cells ended at 3.94V and 3.95V respectively (it's the same pair that ended slightly unbalanced after the three consecutive sessions on same charge last time) Everything worked as expected and this was a very pleasant session.

This is KeroZen, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.
"

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
@KeroZen -- Those are exactly the kinds of things I've been hoping to hear! Thank you for the update! I'm getting pretty excited about the Zion with all the positive things I keep hearing!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Sold

Again I only found time tonight to give feedback to the alpha testing group, as we are trying to define a common reference setup to be able to objectively compare the different alpha Zions that have been produced so far. The goal is to better refine what the ideal heater parameters and power range should be to suit all usage scenarios.

@pakalolo proposed to measure the duration starting from a cold device with full batteries set to 50% power to get the first terps hit (duration 1) and first vapor (duration 2) out of a fresh bowl, while constantly holding the trigger button. I screwed the first measure, but I recorded 20 seconds before getting a strong but wispy taste (it was in reality lower) then 12 seconds to get visible vapor exhale. From that point on, the thing just kept going like a steam train.

Rather than write a review because it's still too soon and I must go to bed now, I'll just share with you the report I did after that test session tonight:

"Holy shit! This thing is insane! Ahston whole session at 50% is too much for me! Monstruous hits, extracting the load super fast, once again I'm completely blasted and there's still a lot of juice left! I haven't even stirred. Taste has changed now, getting that clear spent ABV taste, but previously it was delicious.

I'm used to 15+ minutes sessions, or sometimes just 5 minutes "shorties" (but 5 minutes at the same pace as the 15+ minutes standard session) Here a "shorty" with Ashton at this setting would be more like 1 minute or less to get me where I want to be!

I still prefer my usual slower pace, as I'm a low temp whore and I don't mind (and even prefer) when the session is spread in time, rather than a short duration burst (you know the "it's cultural" thing I evoked already many times about the general difference in usage patterns and habits between US and Euro people)

I like the taste as much as the effects (hmm...maybe not) so I'll surely start Ashton at a lower power most of the time...

I continued the session while keeping the knob unchanged, still exactly 50%. It's spent now, or well, there's still vapor left but I'm so wrecked that my mind tells me it's spent...and I need to sleep soon anways! I haven't stirred once. I unload the stem, let's see what we got...

Ha! When you use the device properly (who on Earth is dumb enough to put his bowl screen in the wrong direction?!! Ahem! :p) it's way more uniform, I got zero percent green, 5% light brown, 25% not even chocolate brown, and the rest is tobacco brown. Again zero black spots, no streaks, no tunneling (but I don't have @stickstone's steel lungs!)

The two cells ended at 3.94V and 3.95V respectively (it's the same pair that ended slightly unbalanced after the three consecutive sessions on same charge last time) Everything worked as expected and this was a very pleasant session.

This is KeroZen, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.
"

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@subway13029 if you don't remember now, you won't remember anything after you get it. This thing packs super stoney effects!

I've had Sarah back since Thursday and started finding my sweet spot on Sunday. I've been wrecked ever since. When the load gets going it just goes and goes and goes. I usually tap out before the vapor stops flowing.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I want to remind everyone that we are testing beta units and they all have different heater characteristics. At the 50% power setting, mine starts delivering flavour after 5 seconds and vapour starts at 12 seconds. I think the FC10 beta testers will get a different heater setup that should heat up more quickly, but only @RastaBuddhaTao can tell us for sure.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I want to remind everyone that we are testing beta units and they all have different heater characteristics. At the 50% power setting, mine starts delivering flavour after 5 seconds and vapour starts at 12 seconds. I think the FC10 beta testers will get a different heater setup that should heat up more quickly, but only @RastaBuddhaTao can tell us for sure.
Are all the FC10 going to be delivered with the same approximate heater settings to view different use patterns of the same device, or will @RastaBuddhaTao be making changes as they are shipped out?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Are all the FC10 going to be delivered with the same approximate heater settings to view different use patterns of the same device, or will @RastaBuddhaTao be making changes as they are shipped out?

I can't answer that, but I can say that even with similar heater setups there is room for a lot of variation in usage patterns. Each user will have to learn what works best. I found this to be a simple exercise, but I have a lot of experience with the MFLB and the FV, both of which are similar in that they are open-loop designs. I am curious to find out how much testing it will take the next 10 owners to find their sweet spots.

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Have the 10 been shipped? Having a rough time this week and could really use something good to boost my mood.

ChippyMalone,
Reactions: VegNVape

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I haven't gotten any tracking info, so I doubt it. Possible RBT didn't send any (tracking), but I would think he would.

cybrguy,
Reactions: VegNVape

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
As much as we appreciate the praise of the beta team there feedback has us making changes to the electronics, heater and glueless heater screen. Please be patient as it is imperative that improvements are made so that the Zion10 can confirm them. Current outlook has us shopping 5 next week and five the following

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
As much as we appreciate the praise of the beta team there feedback has us making changes to the electronics, heater and glueless heater screen. Please be patient as it is imperative that improvements are made so that the Zion10 can confirm them. Current outlook has us shopping 5 next week and five the following

Seriously RBT, compared to many you guys have been moving at a lightning speed!

But we definitely appreciate the time you are taking just now to get things right before shipping the next exciting installment.

If patience is a virtue, our reward will be Zion.

So don't rush. Take your sweet time my good man :)

Peace & good wishes
:peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
As much as we appreciate the praise of the beta team there feedback has us making changes to the electronics, heater and glueless heater screen.
No Worries. Anxious as we are to get our mitts on that baby, we get and appreciate the beta process. We want our samples to be as close to ready/release as you can get, so take what ever time you need. And if we whine a little, take that as an ack of how whetted our appetites are, not as any pressure. :)

Top Bottom