1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by lwien, Jan 22, 2015.

1. vapen00b

vapen00b various on-demand full convection units

Sweet, sweet, sweeeet! Great looking unit! :)
    So you're saying VapeDr. sold you his Zion??? @Vape Dr. have you gotten sick? :o:rolleyes::p

Anyway, enjoy this wonderful beast. You now are the proud owner of one of 98 Zions ever made.:clap:
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  2. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Joe's Garage Jamming
    Thanks @vapen00b
    Did not know that few were made.
    Still pinching myself as it is, and feel pretty fortunate to have this thing.
    Love everything about my Zion, it truly is a beast.
    Not sure why the good Dr sold it, but I'm sure he's got himself covered. His current vapes occupying his session time are from the future I'm guessing.:science:
    ZC, Philreal187, cybrguy and 6 others like this.
  3. buddingglasshead

buddingglasshead Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to post about the glorious return of my #104 Zion, but have been just so busy this weekend

On Friday I received it back with a nice, handwritten note from Ryan stating that the heater was in spec, but was low so it was replaced anyway.... It feels like a new vape to me. Part of my issue was still my draw speed, but only slightly. I've since lowered my draw speed a bit unless I carb with a finger.

Really can't thank @RastaBuddhaTao enough for being willing to let me send it in and taking care of it before the big move. He also included a matching Cobalt stem for the wait and two of the rimmed RBT screens. Unfortunately the stem took a little bit of a beating on the way here and has a slight chip at the mouth end, but I was planning on making it a medium stem regardless since my original broke after trying to install a screen from the top ( I was using the Zion and it seemed like a great idea at the time....)

I don't know if it was fixed as it wasn't mentioned, but the battery door is also no longer easily opening just from holding. Maybe it was a humidity issue? I dunno, it wasn't with me long before I shipped it off.

I haven't been turning on my FlowerPot Showerhead much since I got it back. I'm just in love with this vape. I love the form factor, I love the styling... I just love everything about it. So glad to have it back and doubt I'll be putting it down any time soon!
    cybrguy, Farkas, TheRobbo and 10 others like this.
  4. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Very glad you got it back and you love it. They are wonderful vapes, and quit exclusive... ;)
  5. SloJimFizz

Joe's Garage Jamming
    Love this beautiful beast. When I love something, I accessorize.
    Got this beautiful Curly Koa stem from @Ed's TnT
    Love the detail and the curl in the grain is almost holographic when you rotate the stem at different angles. :luv:

6. Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT Woodsman Manufacturer

Great combo ya got there, thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.
  7. szai

szai Well-Known Member

What'd it get discontinued? I realize it must be back there somewhere. :shrug:
  8. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Motion Pictures
    Too complex and costly to build, part unavailable
  9. HD Springer

HD Springer Well-Known Member

Not to rub it in but I’ve been using my Zion daily but only while out and about. It’s a stone face killer. At least it is how I run her. I’ll always love my Zion. I tried to get a different portable that wasn’t a stem load convection (that still needs to be sent back) that came close to competing with the Zion. At least it could with the output of the Zion but not flavor and not as on demand as the Zion truly is.
    KeroZen, Farkas, vapen00b and 2 others like this.
  10. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

Beautiful as is all of Ed's work. But was it designed specifically for the zion?

11. SloJimFizz

Joe's Garage Jamming
    No, this was ordered for my Milaana before I had scored my Zion. So it does not slide into the stem carrying hole, it hits at the middle decorative grooves.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors