Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Still waiting for my bottom terminal to show up. Allegedly was mailed some time ago but I have chronic issues with shipments going to my old address (despite stating this and listing my new address in every message). Should I just go to the hardware store and friction fit some copper? That is all that the terminal involves, no?
I offered

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
I hardly ever go over the classifieds section, but last night! A Zion is on the way to enter my collection, so psyched!! Pix and thoughts next week! Now that's a grown-up self-indulgent holiday gift of the first magnitude:cheers:

Saw that one in the classifieds as well. Nice get. It's a really great piece (mine had a minor issue and RBT got it sorted and it works great now). Good to see it has such value on the open market, not that I'd ever part with mine.

HD Springer

I hardly ever go over the classifieds section, but last night! A Zion is on the way to enter my collection, so psyched!! Pix and thoughts next week! Now that's a grown-up self-indulgent holiday gift of the first magnitude:cheers:

Damn that didn’t take long at all. So what it’s looking like is is all us lucky Zion owners are in possession of a very “hot” powerful piece of vaporizing history. And being in possession of such history makes us part of a select community per say.

I’ve used my Zion daily ever since I received it. It’s a perfect vaporizer for me. It’s almost as if Ryan made this just for my liking. Lol. But seriously @mucsusn that was a very good purchase you made. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

buddingglasshead

You're the one that beat me to it. :cry: Congrats friend! Enjoy! Had I talked to my other half a bit sooner, it would've been mine! :cheers:

TeeJay1952

A couple of weeks in. And I'm starting to see that this thing is just magnificent . I have a tendency to go for low temps I keep it at 80%. Hold my finger over the prime hole and wa-wa suck until I see some visible vapor. At that point I clear lungs remove finger from prime hole and suck my brains out to the halfway point. I let go of the Power button and try to drain the heater. Like a massive bong hit.
2 blasts and stir. 2 more and cashed.
My tongue and mouth are now coated with more flavor than I have ever experienced. Every strain I throw through unit has revelations. Duff is the requisite dust and sticks. I get extreme satisfaction and although I crave the taste explosion hours go by without reup.
I have 4 batteries and love my logs but On Demand, Best Taste? Seems my 2 year adventure was great success. Thanks RBT and all the true believers who were rewarded for their patience. :rockon::myday:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Unexpected surprise this morning......USPS dropped a package at my front door while I was at church. Going to do a quick experiment before I go get lunch.......then I have 4 more services starting at 1600........this should be fun!

And it only takes a moment to realize what I have on my hands here. This is quite the vape. WOW!! 80%, start drawing slow, speed up the draw as you feel the heat stabilize, draw as long as you can, she's still cranking out vapor. Lather, rinse, repeat. Fuck yes!

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I'm a few months into (let's go with abigail), and am now discovering the magic that is zion. I love my milaana, but this is sooo much better. It's like that perfect milaana hit, which can be elusive in the milaana itself, virtually every time. To recap: abby's always been on the cool side; I think it may have been one of the first of this recent cool batch that's mostly gone back for evaluation. I had been discussing it with ryan, and had it all packed up to ship back to him a few weeks ago when I called to give him a heads up.

He asked my to try one last thing: the tape/toothpick mod. I said okay and then realized that I didn't have any matched pairs of 18650 batteries handy to test with. This was because I'm in the middle of a move, and some things were still at the other location. So I've been at it for almost a week now, and after some trial & error I'm reliably getting vapor at as low as 10:30am. The dial goes from 8am to 4:20pm, with noon in the middle. That's a huge difference from how it was without the mod, where I would just start to get vapor at about 2pm. I told ryan that I had tried carbing it without success, he said to still try this.

My usage pattern is to put the screen in as a basket, just a bit deeper than flush with the rim. Then I suck to load from a medium grind, just full to the edge of the screen but with a little room left before the rim. Then I do my best to extract the entire load evenly and in a single hit; this is the part that can be frustrating with myion. But abby does this effortlessly. The only other adjustment I needed to make was to increase my preheat time, from 20sec. to 30 (20sec. all the way up then 10 at noon, backing it off from there to between 11:00 and noon to hit it, based upon an epistemological estimation of remaining battery life).

Ryan was spot on. I actually combusted at noon once since the mod, couldn't combust at anything but all the way up at 4:20pm before and it wasn't easy even there. I need to call him after the holiday and share the news, it's like a whole new vape at this point so merry merry to me lol. I also need to give him my new address, hopefully before he sends a splinter my way anyways. I'm much happier with abby now.

:sherlock::science:

Top Bottom