Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Where did you get that 3.7V value? When we discussed this Ryan back then I told him it was way too high. Anyway it's not working in my two units. I got a drop in the alpha but that's because it regulates down to 6V and not 5V, so past 3.5V times two it's too low of a dropout voltage for the OKR (DC/DC converters operating in buck mode need Vin > Vout + Vdrop)

But yes there's that. My bad.

PS: for reference the e-cig mods cut between 3.1V (ex: evic VTC mini) and 3.4V... but that's a resting voltage, not the voltage under load. If Ryan really upped to 3.7V it's way too soon, that's the nominal voltage of these Li-Ion cells.

That was based on what he said he experienced. Your units are rougher betas like mine so can't really use them to judge, I actually don't remember if mine are 3.7 or not, one is lower than the other, could be 3.3 and 3.7, maybe 3.5 is goal for production units who knows. We should have new users compare, but most don't post lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: KeroZen

AJS

Calm Consistency
I think some Zion's are shipping today as per last night's IG Live with RBT. (Disclaimer, my Feb 2016 may be one of them :rockon:)
I was feb 2016 in the last batch. Maybe I barely made it ..

Also ... normally with RBT products thru water I would do a couple prime hits to heat everything it up. Well ... sometimes I want to back a fresh bowl and get clouds right from the start. Milaana isn't always perfect with that and I assumed Zion wasn't either. WRONG. Turn temp to 85% = overpowered Milaana = clouds from cold. Easy.

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Last I spoke with ryan He said I was probably one of the final units to go out, I don't recall the date but I do know that orders closed shortly after I placed mine.

I just got shipping notification today.

Anyone out there still not have theirs or shipping notification yet?

I guess we are nearing the completion of zion and all there is to do is let people enjoy them and send in for service if needed.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Spoke to Ryan. He shipped 12 more units today with the new part to prevent overheating. He is in the home stretch on Zion! I am sure the last of them will be cranked out in the next few weeks and he's on to Splinter.

I have been pretty busy myself but our last few discussions have been very positive. It seems things are picking up and he's feeling better about his chances to make a living at this. For those who don't know, it's been a struggle. And I told him 100 times to get Zion done and things would open up. It appears it's happening so I'm sure I speak for him in saying thank you for holding on. I don't blame you if you didn't but for those who did, I'm pretty confident you will be rewarded with a kick ass vape!

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
There is supposed to be a voltage cut off at 3.7v to prevent over discharge of batts anyway (one of my betas actually cuts out at 3.5v, but they should be consistent at 3.7 now)

Where did you get that 3.7V value? When we discussed this Ryan back then I told him it was way too high. Anyway it's not working in my two units. I got a drop in the alpha but that's because it regulates down to 6V and not 5V, so past 3.5V times two it's too low of a dropout voltage for the OKR (DC/DC converters operating in buck mode need Vin > Vout + Vdrop)

But yes there's that. My bad.

PS: for reference the e-cig mods cut between 3.1V (ex: evic VTC mini) and 3.4V... but that's a resting voltage, not the voltage under load. If Ryan really upped to 3.7V it's way too soon, that's the nominal voltage of these Li-Ion cells.

Production models are supposed to cut-off at around 3.1V. 6V diode :)

Fucking excited for everyone to receive their wonderful Zions soon!! So close to the final station, train is coming! Great news!! :nod: :rockon:
Love ya guys!
:peace:

TeeJay1952

Now onto the Roundhouse to effect a few repairs
maxresdefault.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Okay, what does a poor mortal soul - who discovered already the Milaana too late - have to do to ever get the chance to buy one of these wonderful devices?
There are no guarantees but my suggestion would be to get on our 420EDC Dispatch Newsletter email list. If/when there are any, we will let fellow Dispatchers know first.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There are no guarantees but my suggestion would be to get on our 420EDC Dispatch Newsletter email list. If/when there are any, we will let fellow Dispatchers know first.
Other than that possibility, you need to convince an owner to part with his/hers. I'm guessing that would have to be a desperate owner as most owners like their Zions very much. It will be interesting to see how long a Zion remains in the classifieds should one show there. There is always the possibility that someone may list one at an exorbitant price. Then again some fancy (like spalted) Milaanas have sold pretty high on Ebay...

AJS

Calm Consistency
When wanting quick hits through water .. I'm still using the high temp technique from cold start. There is no priming necessary. This is what I loved about my hot Milaana. It milks from the start. But now I get the best of both worlds of my smoother Spalted + hot Milaana ... just so fucking enjoyable.

Started yesterday at 3.7v. Did 3 seshes or so and it dropped to 3.6. Did a couple more seshes but didn't measure. I'm sure it's around 3.5 right now. I'm on around sesh number 15...battery just doesn't die with my technique.

I'm going to show you guys tonight what it's like from a cold start. AND I'm going to do it with these 3.5v batteries, to show you the true fucking power of this vape.

My favorite part of the E Nano was vapor was formed instantly when you wanted it. The Milaana always needed a warmup hit if your bowl is halfway finished and you let it cool down. The Zion is more like the log. You can have 1 hit left, let it cool to 30 degrees in a refrigerator and still get a cloud within 5 seconds. I used to need to use my GH to accomplish that 1 hit halfway finished bowl cloud between games ... but the Zion does it so much better. I think I can finally say this is the best vape I've ever used. *think* is still a keyword. This is not fact for me yet.
Cannot express this point enough though - this does NOT hit anything like a portable. This along with Milaana and a few others have officially broken the rule that desktops are stronger than portables. Fuck desktop vapes. Go back to your landline phones!!

Also that refrigerator point makes me wonder ... anyone tried to vape frozen weed? ;)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Also that refrigerator point makes me wonder ... anyone tried to vape frozen weed?

I froze my weed for years. I've used it right out of the freezer, but by the time you break it down enough to put in your stem, it's not frozen anymore. I've never noticed any difference with frozen vs never frozen, but I've never done a direct comparison either.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I froze my weed for years. I've used it right out of the freezer, but by the time you break it down enough to put in your stem, it's not frozen anymore. I've never noticed any difference with frozen vs never frozen, but I've never done a direct comparison either.
Sir, let's keep this thread all things Zion. I can create a thread in the FC section if you'd like. :lol::D I'm sorry I had to .. especially paired with the irony that this thread has been known to go off topic.
This is interesting though I'm very surprised this has been done.

ANYWAY ...
As promised ... here is a video of me using the Zion from a cold start. Batteries at 3.59. No priming hit or blowing through the intake to heat up the vape. Just press trigger .. wait .. rip. Cloud.
https://instagram.com/p/BanRkD7gTYU/

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Yeah, I'm loving this baby

Just set it down, pick it up, take off the cap, load the stem and off to the races.

I don't like using clock references for power level, trying to figure out how everyone holds it and shit is too much for me. - I guess I use mine around 70% and will probably stay there. Maybe lower if I want daytime fx or flavor session.

It's like a Milaana but none of the fussing about imo.

Exactly what I signed up for and actually BETTER executed than I had imagined. It's like an on-demand log vape, but RBT heater makes it a bit more interesting... Different signature than a log. Much fuller.

I'm a bit sad because I was "promised" a spalted cap and didn't get one, but shit. I am happy to have it in my hand. Hoping I can buy an extra off him when he's done. Worst case, I still think it's one of the best looking vapes I own, and it will never, EVER sit in a drawer. (By that measure, it IS my favorite looking vape I own :) ) It will always be proudly sitting on a table or desk. I love how it looks fully assembled just sitting there...

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Exactly what I signed up for and actually BETTER executed than I had imagined. It's like an on-demand log vape, but RBT heater makes it a bit more interesting... Different signature than a log. Much fuller.
Totally accurate!

It will always be proudly sitting on a table or desk. I love how it looks fully assembled just sitting there...
My brother points and says "what's that box...?"
:lol:

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Can you guys do me a quick test?
Put in a stem and plug the bottom air intake hole with a finger.
Then draw, can you still get air through?

Dramma Lamma,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Yes, but I wouldn't run a bowl thru it like that. It removes probably 90% of the airflow.

I'm fine with fresh air going thru the body - fresh air hits wood, but all glass/ss from screen after the heater

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Sir, let's keep this thread all things Zion. I can create a thread in the FC section if you'd like. :lol::D I'm sorry I had to .. especially paired with the irony that this thread has been known to go off topic.
This is interesting though I'm very surprised this has been done.

ANYWAY ...
As promised ... here is a video of me using the Zion from a cold start. Batteries at 3.59. No priming hit or blowing through the intake to heat up the vape. Just press trigger .. wait .. rip. Cloud.
https://instagram.com/p/BanRkD7gTYU/
Hmmm. Aren't you the one who asked the question about frozen weed? Maybe you should have started the thread rather then ask it here ;) .. just teasing .

P.A.M.,
Reactions: AJS
Top Bottom