Discontinued Zion vaporizer

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The steel rule dies and washer material oth showed up today. Testing shows that the felt wasn't as robust or as smooth as the foam backed UMHW. Next step is to build the first set of units with both the bearing and washer using production processes but early indications look good. This was the last of the serious design engineering that needed to occur. This is good news as it clears the way for start setting up manufacturing for wood, electronics and final assembly... and heater upgrade if deemed significant by the beta testers.

https://instagram.com/p/BQEB8CZg7Wz/

The next two weeks require some work to transfer Milaana to @cannabis.pro but the reason in doing so is to allow the focus to be Zion in the coming months.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks @AJS for the positive excitement... really a great feeling to be on the Zion train again. The recent focus on Milaana made me really appreciate Zion. Full disclosure, I have the first of the stranded 3 outfitted with the voltage knob redesign with it's existing heater and it is not clear that the redesigned heater is vastly better than V1. Once you really start splitting hairs on vapor signature it is really hard to make out subtle changes. It's like detecting the different years of the same wine. Really interested to see what @DieHard thinks.

Special thanks to all who completed a brand ambassador app on the www. The team will be assembled as Zion pre-orders are completed so that we can drop the hammer post haste. Shout out to all my FC Instagram followers. Still no suggestions on what peeps wanna see on the IG Live and the Tube? Please now you don't require an account to look at the RBT feed but then again you can't enter to win that free Milaana. Lately you can hear a pin drop in here man... maybe everyone is on IG lol

https://instagram.com/p/BQGBCCUArRm/

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
what is the price of Zion at these days ?
It was brought up in earlier posts by another member and I . I can't afford $420 or close for a vaporizer so if the case please take me off the list.

Welcome on ambassador form :) i might not own any rbt products as of yet but i can surly move crowds in a direction or another .. As mentioned in form, I notice good products and people when seeing / reading it. You have both. That said I'm also a people's person , why I question, Pricing, differences over milaana , instagram and milaana guitar pick and other thing or two , that might take away from the products true potential or reasons of being and/or seems abit unfair to existing clients waiting on their product.

Maybe, just maybe, FC members or Zion pre-order clients dont care too much about other social media platforms? they are already sold on idea, concept and products , they dont need to be sold again... Maybe go with your instinct for instagram and use it as tool to attract new clients from else where. People come on FC to get and see the info. Sucks when being led off FC forun to another platform.. my personal view on it anyways. off course instagram can be good to advertise and get your brand known. Just perhaps less with this crowd ?

Maybe it's quiet because people see too much action here therfor figure if they don't post , it won't interrupt your work on Zions . Lol

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
:DSooo...I'll just drop this here.:dog: The mailman is my best friend today! Welcome home Loki.:love:
wLVhWtt.jpg[IMG]

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
My first impressions are...wow. Loki works great! Such tasty vapor on demand. Just what the doctor ordered. I will have to do some in-depth side by side comparisons with Logi and see how they match up. But for now Loki and I have some catching up to do.
5CkkG7k.jpg[IMG]

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
:DSooo...I'll just drop this here.:dog: The mailman is my best friend today! Welcome home Loki.:love:
wLVhWtt.jpg[IMG]
My first impressions are...wow. Loki works great! Such tasty vapor on demand. Just what the doctor ordered. I will have to do some in-depth side by side comparisons with Logi and see how they match up. But for now Loki and I have some catching up to do.
5CkkG7k.jpg[IMG]
I'll have to stop by and help with the sise by side testing.
All in the name of science. Ha

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@P.A.M. Thanks for applying to be an ambassador! The program's primary goal is to indeed move RBT beyond the reach of FC. Instagram is that... instant pictures and videos on the fly that can be pushed out to Twitter and FB. This can happen Right from my phone rather efficiently as opposed to: camera, upload to PC, upload to the www, log on to FC, make a post method. It also allows use of live videos to interface real time with customers to answer questions. I totally understand the close knit, intemate crowd of experts here on FC who don't typically frequent social media.

For those that are helping to spread the word beyond FC, thanks it is much appreciated. With Milaana complete and @cannabis.pro taking over Assembly retail stock will pile up quickly so thanks to all that are helping to spread the word to potential new customers to jump start sales.

@Melting Pot I suspected you would head over to DH's to test lol. @Smoke1ForMe I'll drop yours in the mail Monday as it has been detained for comparison testing to the V1 heater. @DieHard give me a call once you are ready to compare notes.

Thanks to all in advance for supporting RBT in the execution of the 2017 plan posted on the www. Tomorrow night @ 8 PM EST I will be hosting a live review of the full year, quarter and Q1 monthly plan for all who Instagram. Stop by, listen, watch, ask a question. A copy of the plans will be posted to the www after the Live feed.

Last, but first, I couldn't be happier to introduce @VegNVape as @RBT.UK! @VegNVape will be our first Brand ambassador and the roll model to all. @VegNVape has a upbeat positive vibe, takes amazing pictures, and loves the shit out of the brand. He will be heading up some special promotions like Milaana Mods and custom mouthpieces... totally gonna be a blast. Ya'll be like, Fuck yeh right?

https://instagram.com/p/BQGn0H3gD83/

https://instagram.com/p/BQG6ipvghDV/

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Last, but first, I couldn't be happier to introduce @VegNVape as @RBT.UK! @VegNVape will be our first Brand ambassador and the roll model to all. @VegNVape has a upbeat positive vibe, takes amazing pictures, and loves the shit out of the brand. He will be heading up some special promotions like Milaana Mods and custom mouthpieces... totally gonna be a blast. Ya'll be like, Fuck yeh right?

https://instagram.com/p/BQGn0H3gD83/

https://instagram.com/p/BQG6ipvghDV/

When I found it I was wondering who he was, nice to know it's you @VegNVape !!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Great news, RBT! I'm not a social media guy and pretty much avoid all of that intentionally- but my biggest respect for @VegNVape ! Wonderful to have ya spread the spirit. Congrats, mate. I'm sure you're doing a helluva job!!! Couldn't be happier about that :clap::tup:
Great match, Ryan!:nod:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Thank you for the "likes" everyone . I still haven't heard what price of Zion is, thought I had asked.... So maybe we can do a poll ; latest purchase / price paid. Winner gets a free smile :)

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thank you for the "likes" everyone . I still haven't heard what price of Zion is, thought I had asked.... So maybe we can do a poll ; latest purchase / price paid. Winner gets a free smile :)

@P.A.M. No need to poll as no one knows including me lol. Price will be in the $350 - $400 range, depending on how long the waiting list is... the more orders, the lower the price. Folks will have several weeks to order then I will use the waiting list to drive the the build schedule so no need to take your name off the list. Thanks to all who took the time to add your name to the list. The current plan suggest that orders will be in April sometime so for anyone still interested save your $ :)

The Zion starts with a block of wood being CNC machined. Due to the low volume the high cost of programming and the expense to run a $150k machine, just the CNC block cost nearly $50. This block is then fitted with the door, cap and lid with magnets and double sided tape. All six sides are sanded to give the trademark seamless feel. The assembly is then routed, finish sanded and beeswax buffed. This is a long and tedious process that has a high scrap rate due the the high number of descreet steps. This is why most manufacturers use plastic and why the Zion is an expensive piece. If your the type that is into custom blown glass, Zion is the vape for you. If you can't justify the price point there are 100s of mass produced options that are easier on the wallet.

For all who are interested to learn more about how #RBTZions are made and ask questions join me Live on Instagram tonight @ 8 PM EST.

https://instagram.com/p/BQIwvK8AVIO/

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Competing with the Superbowl? Must be a Packer fan. Or maybe a Giants fan makes more sense... :lol:

Lol, yeh I'm a Giants fan but have been so busy with RBT the past few years i don't pay attention to much else. Plus, I am a Media Atheist as well. I use google to search, listen to commercial free radio, don't watch the news, don't read the paper, don't watch TV, use Tube Red. If I can tolerate Instagram anyone can lol.

I won't be terribly disappointed if the turn-out is small. We only had 4 or 5 folks tune in for last weeks. I plan to make this a standard Sunday night at 8 EST. The plan is to do a quick informative bit and then Q&A. I don't care to be social but I really enjoy interfacing with my loyal, patient, supportive customers and the IG live feed seems like a simple, free way to push beyond the typical round robin forum bit.

Hope Ya'll can take a break from the game and at least tune in on commercial break :)

https://instagram.com/p/BQJTt9Wgkkm/

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Q1 Plan by week. Year plan draft on IG. Only thing guaranteed is change.

https://instagram.com/p/BQJl9WcgzJv/

See ya @ 8 EST or Tube it post.

@P.A.M. Thanks for the inspiration for the IG Live idea and this vid. Hope to see you all next Sunday at 8 EST for the weekly IG Live Feed. Thanks to all who stopped by tonight as I feel honored to trump the SB... lesson is, don't ever give up. Thanks to everyone who didn't give up on me... your Zion's are coming :)

Last edited by a moderator:

sickmanfraud

@P.A.M. No need to poll as no one knows including me lol. Price will be in the $350 - $400 range, depending on how long the waiting list is... the more orders, the lower the price. Folks will have several weeks to order then I will use the waiting list to drive the the build schedule so no need to take your name off the list. Thanks to all who took the time to add your name to the list. The current plan suggest that orders will be in April sometime so for anyone still interested save your $ :)

The Zion starts with a block of wood being CNC machined. Due to the low volume the high cost of programming and the expense to run a $150k machine, just the CNC block cost nearly $50. This block is then fitted with the door, cap and lid with magnets and double sided tape. All six sides are sanded to give the trademark seamless feel. The assembly is then routed, finish sanded and beeswax buffed. This is a long and tedious process that has a high scrap rate due the the high number of descreet steps. This is why most manufacturers use plastic and why the Zion is an expensive piece. If your the type that is into custom blown glass, Zion is the vape for you. If you can't justify the price point there are 100s of mass produced options that are easier on the wallet.

For all who are interested to learn more about how #RBTZions are made and ask questions join me Live on Instagram tonight @ 8 PM EST.

https://instagram.com/p/BQIwvK8AVIO/

Ryan, now that you have told us of the high cost of mistakes while making RBT products....

I have a suggestion that may help RBT and RBT customers/clients. Sell the cosmetic seconds discounted as cosmetic seconds.

By selling the cosmetic seconds, your "waste" of time and materials is only the amount of the discount, not the cost of a whole frame and the time needed to make it.

I would suggest lowering your exposure on this "batch" by giving a shortened warranty of 90 days to one year.

The seconds will have to be discernable so no one takes advantage of noobies to sell seconds for top price or attempts to use a second to show poor manufacturing.

This may even lower the cost of Zion vapes if the waste is turned to cash.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks for the suggestion @sickmanfraud as this has been considered. The defects that typically happen are not saleable. If a defect in the wood occurs it is typically setting up an operation this the reason after a small initial pilot run we will run the entire lot of Zion. The root. Size is there isn't sufficient demand for niche wooden vaporizers especially at a high end price point. Please review or business plan on our www and note the plan to a commercially viable product is the Mi-510 and Mi-Log. The plan for Zion is to build a small lot beyond the pre-order (50 - 100) that will maintain supply for 2017 until the Zion Log creation is in production.

If vapor nation and vape world call me up with an order of 1000 Zion I'm all over it. Unfortunately the market is driven by profits and plastic commodity vaporizers so that is not likely... our marketing intellegence suggest The 510 will have appeal with the younger crowd and the Mi-Log is the cost effective pathway to Zion technology... in the mean time the Zion and Milaana should limit the 2 year cash bleed.

While I appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions without fully understanding the market landscape, it is hard for folks on the outside to weigh in.

The goal of RBT is to move into products that offer sufficient value to support contract manufacturing and world wide retail sales allowing RBT labs to design and test new designs. Zion is an amazing vaporizer and I am looking forward finally building it and taking it's lessons learned on to the next design #continuousimprovent

http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/2017-plan

Top Bottom