Discontinued Zion vaporizer

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I'm staying on the Zion road too. is 200 going to take care of all the pre-orders?

I can't speak for the man but there should be well under 200 preorders.

My unit is close to production level, but a few improvements have been made. I will still say IMO the Zion is the best direct draw vape on the market. What i'd really like? Two of them. One full production with all available improvements. Can't help myself.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm staying on the Zion road too. is 200 going to take care of all the pre-orders?

Yeah for sure, it is only at around 50 or so, with refunds and such. Demand was never even at 100 pretty sure, part of the problem. But yes good to hear from the horse's mouth that full Zion production is still being worked toward asap. Set backs suck, silence can suck more

virtualpurple

I was always going to stay on the path to Zion, and have never had any problems getting a fast response from @RastaBuddhaTao, but I really appreciate his open post here.

I have no doubt that when Zion arrives it will just feel natural in the hand, like a nice piece of old stereo equipment where the dial and button feel smooth and comfortable.

Love to see these updates, I appreciate all the time and effort RBT puts into these devices, and how cool he is with the alterations and mods that people have been incorporating.

When the units do release I know mine will be arriving shortly after, but even if I were last in line I would still be waiting with the same smile on my face.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I Zionized several members of last nights collective - and the response was nothing short of sheer delight, as Vyv did the rounds and worked his magic on the entire room.

Multiple RBT-Tech virgins, and not a singed herb in sight :tup:

EVERYONE was loving the form and the feel of the device, along with the effects that the Zion so effortlessly produces.

And EVERYONE wanted me to pass on their glowing feedback & let RBT know that they think the Zion is the absolute tits!

I had other leading vapes with me, btw, but they didn't get much of a look-in once the Zion was unleashed. No siree. Vyvyan was definitely the star of the show last night.

:peace:

Shit Snacks

Nice yeah I actually just whipped out Ziggy last night for the first time in months after a weekend messing with Lotus, Daisy, SB Jr, and even GH. Milaana had taken over for me as number one, but getting back to Zion I remember how nice the voltage control and more specialized heater are... Even the size and shape, ofcourse the stem storage and lid, the battery life... Ahh yes I believe I shall be driven by this again now until my Noochie beta arrives

Zion should also be easier to share with groups too as you mentioned, I had been having trouble with Milaana and some newbies bc of its variables, but Zion was always best for that thanks to its regulation so it makes sense to go back to that for my go to group session vape again... Will report back how that goes if/when it happens (groups still aren't too common of a useage situation for me actually), but I expect it to go well based on past experience back East

Even though Ziggy Sawdust has the body of an early beta (#4!) his internals are upgraded like the production models (cept his panels of mica were saw cut, shortly after a laser had arrived for more clean precision in production) and he is tuned just slightly hotter so I never need to be above 75% power and often don't go above 55 actually (25 may be my favorite here, but I step and mix it up a bit). He has actually held up very well like a tank, whereas way cooler running Zenon the Zequel and her newer body had suffered from loose magnets and a split in her wood... I do wish Zig had the nice new battery door and stir stick slot, but he always saw more use as his hotter/faster running heater provides a better more versatile experience, hence why the production models were/are/will be tuned nearly as hot as him in the end

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Still using my Zion almost every day. At home for direct draw it is the best of the best IMO. Great for walking around the house or lounging in the backyard or garage.

Personally it is the only vape I use unless i want true stealth portability or water cooled hits.

Shit Snacks

Are there still broken Zion's out there or have they been taken care of?

Yeah it was all put on hold. The three broken recalled units will presumably be the first to go out with all the updates, when he is able

But yeah @IAmKrazy2 even with our imperfect units this is still the gold standard of all the vapes I have owned or tried. Taking a long break helped me appreciate it all anew

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Still using my Zion almost every day.
Me too, mostly through glass. I am looking forward to the restart of production so I can get the new one with all the bells and whistles like the built in storage and stir stick. I believe the heater is improved since my beta as well.

And, of course, I am looking forward to everyone else getting theirs. Especially the 3 folks who had to send theirs back and got caught in the Twilight Zone. They have been very patient.

I have great hope that Zion will do very well out in the wild once shipping again. It really is a unique and wonderful vape that checks almost all my boxes. Vape Different, after all... :)

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Greetings patient Zion customers. My apologies for the lack of updates but for legal reasons I have been restricted in what I could post here for the last 6 months. I am happy to report all is well and I now have regained my freedom of speech :)

With that, I have great news! I have successfully engaged a new manufacturer for Milaaana. Although it will take several more weeks to a few months until they are fully in control, they are already taking on the burden of the glass. This will free me from the manufacturing and supply chain workload to better focus on Zion.

I have recently added a Marketing Manager to the team. He will be working on the RBT brand, www, web store and customer service. As most know, I am an engineer and to have help with my CS and marketing from a professional organization removes a great deal of burden.

Lastly, Milaana sales have been nearly exclusively from FC so demand has dropped off. This is good in that we can now focus on the 250 units that are running remarkably well in the field. This community of early FC units have allowed us to find and fix failures in the first 100 units so we are not expecting many warranty issues moving forward. So, limited effort in the warranty area means more time for Zion.

Retailers: 420 EDC, PV, Vaped.com and Namaste - are giving www presence and handling the limit sales that currently exist... Again, spreading the work so that we can get back to a focused Zion effort.

The plan was to have Milaana all settled in with the last manufacturer producing a revenue stream months ago so I apologize for not making it happen but rest assured the Zion train is soon to pick up steam.

Heart felt thanks to all of you loyal Zionites for continuing to keep the faith.

FYI - If not stated on this thread recently... Zion blows the doors off of Milaana :)

hweezi

formally cwheezy
They're only being sold from FC because it's tainted goods anywhere else.

How everything was handled here really reflects on forums like /r/vaporents (and you can say it doesn't matter but what other vaporiser community is there?) , people don't have much trust in this company what so ever so there's some wounds that still need healed.

I only say this because if I share any photos or even suggest it to someone looking for a battery powered convection vape on there the past is always brought up.

People don't forget, but hopefully time and good consistent customer service helps win people back.

little maggie

I don't agree about the product being tainted. If the milaana is sold on a major vape site it will be bought by people who have no idea of the history. In fact, those are the people who need to find out about the milaana instead of members of the vape community like FCers for it to sell well.

ZC

I agree at least that the Mi and Zi need to be visible outside of vape communities, but it no doubt hurts sales that anyone doing research on either vape is going to find a lot of RBT hate.

I think one thing that would help is get the Vapes to more reviewers. Sneaky Pete and the vape critic reviews for example, would get a lot more eyes and awareness on the Milana and the Zion when it relaunches.

Time the reviews with a sale and you could get a nice surge in units sold.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
zion_train.jpg

American Graffiti it sure ain't, but the hardware is U.S made . . . .

Zion is the rock to my stone - Solid desktop performance wherever I may roam - Rugged, instant relief in the field or at home . . .

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Lookout y'all. I think I hear a train coming . . .

BBQ7-1-511.jpg

Ctrl+Alt+Vape.
Your future awaits.

(Please mind the gap)

OneLove!
:peace:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
FYI - If not stated on this thread recently... Zion blows the doors off of Milaana :)

I very much agree with this... In fact i will say the Zion blows the doors off all other direct draw vapes, including plug in models. It isn't as pocketable as the GH, but is a much much more enjoyable direct draw experience IMO. Superior taste, more top end power, cooler vapor, no hot lips GH issue.

The Zion is the most used vape in my stable of some high end vapes. I do prefer other vapes for water filtered hits, but for direct draw i have tried no better. Cheers.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
They're only being sold from FC because it's tainted goods anywhere else.

How everything was handled here really reflects on forums like /r/vaporents (and you can say it doesn't matter but what other vaporiser community is there?) , people don't have much trust in this company what so ever so there's some wounds that still need healed.

I only say this because if I share any photos or even suggest it to someone looking for a battery powered convection vape on there the past is always brought up.

People don't forget, but hopefully time and good consistent customer service helps win people back.

I find this a bit amusing. FC is a much smaller pool than a lot of members think. r/vaporents is even smaller. Because we don't allow company-bashing and reddit does, the malcontents cluster there, but they are the same few posters bitching over and over.

Top Bottom