• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Mulehead

Very exciting to hear about people with production Zions and Milaanas comparing.

You know those hits on the Mi that you get that are just perfect, taste wise, size of hit, nailing your perfect temperature?
Zion is like that every time.
You might have to fine tune the power knob a tad for different strains, but after that, just set it and forget it.
I use Mi when out, but as soon as I get home Zi gets all of my attention.
I also find that my Zi is quicker extracting on high and feathering the button using the Mi technique, especially after a few hits and the mica warms up.

Another obvious difference is no real significant loss of power through the batteries cycle.
My 3 sessions last night were very consistent (counted while drawing) and ended up checking voltage, and charging before bed at 3.56 volts. (Sorry didn't check the starting voltage)
I usually notice the drop, and recharge Mi at 3.7-3.8 volts.

Beta team is right with Mi being entry level, and Zi being the star in RBTs current line up.
IMO the Zi will be better for medical users that need consistency of dosage.
IMO connoisseurs of our holy grail will also be drawn more to the Zion because of consistent results, and its mindless control.

At this point I NEED both in my life, but if I had to pick between them, Zion hands down is the clear champ.

I'm anxious to get your take on em after your Zi makes it to ya @AJS!
And yes, you definitely have something special to look forward to brother!

killick

But I like it!
@Mulehead great comparison! I'm waiting on Milly to give me portability that Zion just doesn't have. Stuff in pocket and wander for a day with just a couple of spare batteries. Zion is great for everything else. I leave it just a slight notch below max and get great extraction, an even-ish dark brown.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Zion really never made a lot of sense to me... if I'm home, the onboard storage is superfluous; if not, I usually want something pocketable.

I always looked at Milaana as my potential home vape, and that's exactly what it has become; but I hope RBT creates a hybrid model with the power, consistency and adjustability of Zion. And while we're at it, how about in-device charging and pass-through power??

A pocket model would be very welcome too; something with a more self-contained chamber/mouthpiece design (ideally preloadable and swappable), slimmer type of battery, and of course a safer trigger or a switch.

Then RBT tech would probably take over my entire vaping life!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Zion really never made a lot of sense to me... if I'm home, the onboard storage is superfluous; if not, I usually want something pocketable.

I always looked at Milaana as my potential home vape, and that's exactly what it has become; but I hope RBT creates a hybrid model with the power, consistency and adjustability of Zion. And while we're at it, how about in-device charging and pass-through power??

A pocket model would be very welcome too; something with a more self-contained chamber/mouthpiece design (ideally preloadable and swappable), slimmer type of battery, and of course a safer trigger or a switch.

Then RBT tech would probably take over my entire vaping life!

It just depends on the situation and how you normally vape. I'm on my back porch a lot, use water a lot, go for car rides, go fishing, and the Zion can tag along for ALL those adventures, with double the battery life of the Milaana.
The Milaana gets brought to coffee shops, pocket walks, restaurants, and is completely hidden (and everywhere else because I don't have the Zion yet). So it just depends on your needs. Zion obviously isn't for everyone, but the technology is ;)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It has been kinda fun to watch folks who have been waiting a long time for these guys (yeah, too long) and have understandably gotten a bad taste in their mouth, finally get the tech and are like "whoa". Even if you were annoyed, it is hard not to appreciate that it was worth the wait. When Zion starts shipping again (soon we hope) I suspect the same will happen.

The wait was unfortunate, but it was not enough to kill the joy of Zion Tech's arrival...

Mulehead

@Mulehead great comparison! I'm waiting on Milly to give me portability that Zion just doesn't have. Stuff in pocket and wander for a day with just a couple of spare batteries. Zion is great for everything else. I leave it just a slight notch below max and get great extraction, an even-ish dark brown.

Well thank ya sir!
I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Milaana!

Before your Milly arrives make sure to review @Vape Dr. recent posts in the Mi thread, he's already worked up a couple "best of" posts IMO.:clap:
Specifically the guitar pick mod, and his no stir method.
Thanks for posting Doc!
The man definitely has a PhD in vaping! :science:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes anyone still waiting on Zion should grab a Milaana while they still can from the store, it'll make the wait a whole lot easier... And I've actually used both Mi and Zi round the house as well as out and about, Zion has even been in a pocket but Lana is much more at home there... Good to have back up RBT tech on hand just in case, now I'll never have to buy a beastly desktop again if I have to send Zig Zen or Lana back for repairs some day

Last edited:

DocGonzo

Yes anyone still waiting on Zion should grab a Milaana while they still can from the store, it'll make the wait a whole lot easier... And I've actually used both Mi and Zi round the house as well as out and about, Zion has even been in a pocket but Lana is much more at home there... Good to have back up RBT tech on hand just in case, now I'll never have to buy a beastly desktop again if I have to send Zig Zen or Lana back for repairs some day

Yeah, there's no way that I'm paying more money with the experience I've had so far waiting on a Zion. Maybe if my confidence in the company increases I'll pick one up from a retailer. I'm very interested in one, but still not convinced that RBT is even going to get around to making Zions. Kind of feel like he's just hoping we all ask for refunds, and I know that I'm not the only one with that impression.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Yeah, there's no way that I'm paying more money with the experience I've had so far waiting on a Zion. Maybe if my confidence in the company increases I'll pick one up from a retailer. I'm very interested in one, but still not convinced that RBT is even going to get around to making Zions. Kind of feel like he's just hoping we all ask for refunds, and I know that I'm not the only one with that impression.
I've had that thought too. Maybe he'll just get out the orders he has now, then stop the Zions for good.
Don't think so though, I think he wants to push a vape to it's full potential, and the Milaana isn't even close to there yet.

HD Springer

I feel that he's just trying to get some funds built up so he can keep his head above water. When he first thought up the Zion the Mi was still a year away from even being brought to the table.
There's still a market for the Zion I feel. The mi is just a more affordable option. It can be obtained by almost all levels of vaporists where the Zion will definitely be a more upper end vaporizer as far as $ and all.

Only time can tell what the Rbt line up will be and just how successful he can be. I only hope for the best for him and all his newly hired staff. I do know that after he puts a few of these forrest fires out and those that can't stand him(I don't blame anybody for feeling how they do that's their right and I
fully understand and agree with most if not all the complaints) start seeking vaporizers and builders of these items that they do enjoy then everyone will start to enjoy the process even more. That's my hopes and dreams. A total and complete euphoria for all.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
It has been kinda fun to watch folks who have been waiting a long time for these guys (yeah, too long) and have understandably gotten a bad taste in their mouth, finally get the tech and are like "whoa". Even if you were annoyed, it is hard not to appreciate that it was worth the wait. When Zion starts shipping again (soon we hope) I suspect the same will happen.

The wait was unfortunate, but it was not enough to kill the joy of Zion Tech's arrival...

Still waiting on my Zion, but it's not unbearable and and even easier with the Milaana in hand.

The wait has been unfortunate, and a little longer than expected so far. No way I figured they would actually be shipping on 10/2 (the date given when I pulled trigger on mine). Call it cynicism if you want, but I prefer the term realism. Think RBT just bit off a little more than he could chew, and the Mi became the obvious choice to roll with first. I get it, and all good by me. Think many of us knew what we were in for from the start - and still appreciate the hefty discounts I got by getting on when I did. Certainly not the first time - and probably not the last - that excited new manufacturers get a little ahead of themselves. FC is full of similar stories. The biggest thing for me, is that RBT heater tech is all I was expecting and more. If Zion is all I'm thinking it will be, especially with updated expectations after using the Mi for a couple weeks, I figure I'm going to be too happy on the day she arrives to worry about things too much now.

Sorry to see some think future Zions are just a dream that will never come to be. Even with my heavy cynicism, I don't see it like that. Just vaping & chillin until it gets here or the end of summer. By then I may feel a little differently about it.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I like Bam Bam very much, but Venus IS more vape and I like the knob. <g> Mine is a little less than the production Zion as it is an early beta and there have been improvements since, but it is still more vape than Bam Bam with 2 18650s and greater mass. Most folks seem to be adjusting fine to MIs button management but with Zion you don't really need to and it is just more consistent and easily controlable.

There are/were other RBT tech things in the pipeline like a power adapter for Zion and TOD and other things, but we will see how that all pans out and what the future holds.

little maggie

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I don't think RBT would be listing the Zion for sale on websites if he didn't intend to get them out.
Question for owners of both- and since I have no memory I might have already asked this- are the stems for the Zion and Milaana interchangeable?

Shit Snacks

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I don't think RBT would be listing the Zion for sale on websites if he didn't intend to get them out.
Question for owners of both- and since I have no memory I might have already asked this- are the stems for the Zion and Milaana interchangeable?

Yes that part is identical

Choughed

My MIL hasn't refunded yet, and these last few pages are making me very glad that she hasn't! It'll be her first vape, and I imagine that if there was one vape to rule them all - I mean - convert combusters, then this would probably be it! The only other concern is ease of use and cleaning, because she's a medical user and also isn't tech savvy. I am just a little nervous, having made this choice for her.. IYKWIM

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Hey guys, there was an update yesterday by the looks of it.

Progress Update 05-09-2016

"Zion Update

With Milaana complete, Zion will get the love that it deserves. A machine shop was contacted to build the steel fixtures required to machine the magnet holes to the precision required to ensure magnets do not fall out. Lesser strength magnets are also being considered as an option. Much of the learning from Milaana (routing, sanding, heater glass recess, heater screen assembly, adhesive bond improvements, etc) will now be applied to Zion. Once the jigs are completed the magnets can be applied and then the parts can be assembled and sanded. Once all six sides are sanded the routing can be completed, then machine sanding, then the 4 step dry / wet finishing process will complete the bodies. This will complete the wooden bodies and then assembly can begin. In the process, the handful of returns and partial builds will be completed for early customer acceptance testing.

Milaana Update

We apologize for any delay in correspondence as we transition our retail sales from the RBT web store to the initial retail partners. As of today we believe that we have shipped all US pre-orders made prior to 4/20. If you ordered a Milaana for delivery to a US address and do not receive the unit by 5/20 please complete a contact form with your Paypal info and email and we will track your shipment. Over the next several days we believe we will ship all International pre-orders made prior to 4/20. If you ordered a Milaana for delivery to a non-US address and do not receive the unit by 7/3 please complete a contact form with your Paypal info and email and we will track your shipment.

The first 150 units provided us with the experience to improve the processes and quality checks to ensure continued resolution of any quality issues or concerns. Sanding steps have been added to improve the fit between the bottom plate and the body. Quality checks and design changes have been added to ensure no "cold heater" units, proper button alignment, improved battery door fit and finish, improved glue adhesion, improved inlet air filter, and other small cosmetic details. This will add the finishing touches to our hand made in Adirondack feel.

So, as we are catching up on pre-orders the initial wholesale orders are rolling in. We will be discontinuing any retail sales on our www on 5/13. Based on current demand we believe we will be able to fill all retail orders received by the 5/13 deadline by 7/3. We will also provide initial stock to our retailers by 7/3 to allow retail sales to resume. This will allow us to provide best in class customer service through our expert retail network that is emerging.

We are working hard to answer the backlog of inquiries and appreciate your patience as we do not have the information systems in place to handle the volume.

Thanks to the Alpha, Beta, and Z-Teams for your help in getting this technology proven and thanks to all who had faith to be and early supporter and the patience to see it through as initial reports seem to be quite positive.

Peace and good vibes,

RBT
"

Early customer acceptance testing...

OoOoo say waaa?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My MIL hasn't refunded yet, and these last few pages are making me very glad that she hasn't! It'll be her first vape, and I imagine that if there was one vape to rule them all - I mean - convert combusters, then this would probably be it! The only other concern is ease of use and cleaning, because she's a medical user and also isn't tech savvy. I am just a little nervous, having made this choice for her.. IYKWIM
While the evidence shows that adjusting to the button on Milaana has been pretty simple for people, Zion will definitely be even easier to use. And both are easy to clean because all the action takes place in the glass stem which cleans easily.

Don't be nervous. Your MIL is gonna love it...

Mulehead

It doesn't get much better than a Zion morning session with a smoothie!
Mi is great for me on the go, but the Zion after mica warms is a fucking beast!!
I've mentioned this before, and will probably post about it again, back to back bowls the hits are overwhelming!
Amazing device!
Imo Mi does not equal Zi.
May be the same tech, but there's a little more magic happening in the Zion!
Very anxious to read more reviews. FC is gonna dig on this more than Mi IMO.
A definite connessiouer/medical device.
Now I'm off to drive some nails!

Shit Snacks

It doesn't get much better than a Zion morning session with a smoothie!
Mi is great for me on the go, but the Zion after mica warms is a fucking beast!!
I've mentioned this before, and will probably post about it again, back to back bowls the hits are overwhelming!
Amazing device!
Imo Mi does not equal Zi.
May be the same tech, but there's a little more magic happening in the Zion!
Very anxious to read more reviews. FC is gonna dig on this more than Mi IMO.
A definite connessiouer/medical device.
Now I'm off to drive some nails!

Yes aside from the regulation and air intake layout, Zions heater is slightly longer, and actually has three panels of mica carefully arranged to create a nice turbulent vortex of airflow through the heater and then the herbs in the stem, whereas Milaana has a shorter more simplistic heater with just one mica panel. Getting both is a good use of VAS, though the heater tech itself is the same imo

mephisto

Its really good to see RBT catching his stride, is it fair to say that the 3 have waited, patiently long enough?
I love the Mi, but I already own(ed) a Zion. While everyone waits with anticipation, the 3 of us already know how good the Zion is, and I , for one, would like mine BACK!

Top Bottom