Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
All a matter of perception I suppose. :tup::2c::peace:

Totally, I love the simplicity and functionality, to me it is far better looking than many similarly priced vapes. Of course then the useability + performance should be the real factor, imo it is very fully featured in that regard. Beauty always in the eye of the beholder ;) (also build quality needs to match price though of course)

YungLeaner

Totally, I love the simplicity and functionality, to me it is far better looking than many similarly priced vapes. Of course then the useability + performance should be the real factor, imo it is very fully featured in that regard. Beauty always in the eye of the beholder ;) (also build quality needs to match price though of course)

After seeing the FF2 rollout and reading the thread I'm more than ever convinced that simplicity and function are what make a vaporizer beautiful. Unlike many other consumer products the vaporizer is not the only part of the experience. A vaporizer is used as a conduit to enjoy cannabis. Heat source, bowl, clean air path and clouds is all we need... I'll be buying a prodo Zion as soon as they are for sale :sherlock::clap::2c::D

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Knowing what i now know about the Zion i would pay $300 for it if i had to. Glad i paid less of course, but i would sell some backup vapes if money was tight. Totally worth it IMO. But i am a collector and like to have the best of the best.

I am not much of an artist but going to the local watering hole tonight with the GF and some other friends to do Painting with a Twist. They teach you to pain a picture at the bar. Not really my thing, but i bought it for my GF for a bday/graduation gift. Anyway... The Zion is packed full and ready to come with. Not a super small portable, but perfect for me to go outside for a quick on demand puff or two throughout the evening. I always bring an extra set of batteries, but rarely need them.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah on top of that the plastic "fins" that happen to break easily are not exactly what I would call comfortable to hold. I had some doubts with the Zion look at first, found it almost childish, but then it's hard to explain, when you have it in hand it feels just right. The curves, the weight, it's just great.

But it's through its vapor output that it really shines... Instant gratification, so plentiful, gulping never ending tasty goodness, I love it so much! Thank you a hundred of times @RastaBuddhaTao!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
You guys are killing me! It still sounds soooooo good! I'd definitely rather have a chunk of wood - even better unfinished so I can do it however I like - than another piece of Chinese molded plastic. Seems like I have a whole house full of that kind of crap. A car full too, now that I think about it.

Not positive, but think I'm in the next 5 or 10 to go out by some convos I had with RBT some months back. So close, yet so far! No worries here, though. I figure she'll be here right about the time she gets here.

And, glad I have a lovely Milaana to tide me over. It is amazing, but makes me wonder that much more about the power of the Zion. Thanks to all for keeping my curiosity and appetite up!

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
When I got my hands on Killer my Milaana alpha. I named it Killer because I really thought it produced the same vapor as Zion. It does not. Milaana vapor is incredible but there is something special happening inside that Zion. I used Killer almost exclusively when I got it. When I got Moe my production Milaana I was even happier but when I found out I have to give up our favorite flower I went back to Evangeline the Zion. There is this little tickle in the nose, a warming of the face and a warm feeling of heaven that pumps from that thing. Even after two decades of being stoned (with the exception of a few hospital visits) even a tiny little bowl of crap has me pie eyed.

As I wean off the flowers for medical reasons I have been using Evangeline with the bottom of the barrel from my sweet leaf/baby flower jar from last year. Still recking me with insane clouds. It makes it VERY FUCKING HARD TO QUIT! My RBT lineup is going into cold storage in the RBT museum until the day I can resume my love for this amazing plant and these amazing vapes.

Zion quality vapor is real. For you Milaana users out there if you get a chance to try Zion you most likely will agree.

:leaf:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Honestly.... I never use my Milaana when i can use Zion. The consistency is devine.
Now that the newness of Bam Bam is starting to wear off I am mostly choosing between Venus and Bam Bam based on the size of the water piece I am using. Larger piece I use Zion, smaller I use Milaana. :) Works goooood...

Tho, I do appreciate being able to set a power level and not have to think about battery level and that is advantage Zion.

Shit Snacks

I've still been relying on Milaana, been a while since I Zioned, just bc of the greater simplicity if not the portability... I should get back to it though, bc as I said before it is definitely a more fully featured vape, and like others said the performance is actually slightly better (one difference aside from the air intake being on the bottom, the heater in Zion is slightly longer/taller than the heater in Milaana. The heater tech is the same, but Zion is just a bit more capable thanks to its larger size). There's just something special going on here, but Milaana is pretty special too, true entry level

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I've seemed to touched a nerve with the build quality comment. I have nothing against wood. Look at my signature. After owning several UD's, a couple VapCaps, Okins, etc, the build quality was underwhelming at best. To me it was like a high school shop project. Loose batteries, poor electrical connections, epoxy seeping into the electronics, magnets coming loose and the pieces not fitting well together. You can say that the spring design is intentional and I can say it's still shit. Sure, the heater tech is amazing (I'll find out eventually) but paying over $300 for it, the product should have better fit and finish. I'm hoping it improves with mass production. I want to be able to utilize my lifetime warranty.

delloy

@Madcap79 I don't have my Zion yet but I feel what you are saying from pictures and videos posted. It is not about the look and design which I find is fine, but moreover the fit and finish for me. My particular gripe was with how the cover to the electronics was applied and with what looked like uneven gaps where the adhesive had been applied between the body and cover. Fortunately I paid the preorder price of $169. I concur that with the new pricepoint at $319 the finish and fit of these parts needs to be a lot cleaner for retail. Don't get me wrong I still want this device badly but it needs more care taken with assembly and final finish at the new price.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I've seemed to touched a nerve with the build quality comment. I have nothing against wood. Look at my signature. After owning several UD's, a couple VapCaps, Okins, etc, the build quality was underwhelming at best. To me it was like a high school shop project. Loose batteries, poor electrical connections, epoxy seeping into the electronics, magnets coming loose and the pieces not fitting well together. You can say that the spring design is intentional and I can say it's still shit. Sure, the heater tech is amazing (I'll find out eventually) but paying over $300 for it, the product should have better fit and finish. I'm hoping it improves with mass production. I want to be able to utilize my lifetime warranty.

I think it was just because all you said was look at first, so people piped in to say how they appreciate the look, ie design/style. That's why I mentioned both that and build quality in my own comments, bc while I love the look I agree the fit and finish needs to improve at the $300+ price point (even if I feel performance and usability can justify it). I think that we have you to thank for that planned improvement going forward based on your Zion experience, unfortunately that is also part of why you are stuck waiting in limbo for so long. I hope when he gets back to it in the next week or so that he will be more careful building the rest of the pre order units, as he very well should :2c::peace::tup:

killick

But I like it!
@TeeJay1952 nicely put. Once you see the light coming from the post office box you get upgraded to Rev :)

So Baby 13 has an injury - the glass bowl came loose. She still works like a champ, I just need to get a bit of 2 part epoxy down there and let her settle out.

And it feels wierd to say, but I'm using other vapes besides Baby... But I use Baby while the other ones are heating up. Does that make me Italian? I once heard they all have girlfriends on the side...

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I think it was just because all you said was look at first, so people piped in to say how they appreciate the look, ie design/style. That's why I mentioned both that and build quality in my own comments, bc while I love the look I agree the fit and finish needs to improve at the $300+ price point (even if I feel performance and usability can justify it). I think that we have you to thank for that planned improvement going forward based on your Zion experience, unfortunately that is also part of why you are stuck waiting in limbo for so long. I hope when he gets back to it in the next week or so that he will be more careful building the rest of the pre order units, as he very well should :2c::peace::tup:
I'm not upset about waiting. I don't care about that at all but it's kinda strange that complaints get ignored and/or defended the way they do. Criticism can be a very good thing. If people are told everything's great when it's really not, will not help them in the long run. That's all I have. I'll report when I get my unit back. Cheers. :peace::2c:

Shit Snacks

I'm not upset about waiting. I don't care about that at all but it's kinda strange that complaints get ignored and/or defended the way they do. Criticism can be a very good thing. If people are told everything's great when it's really not, will not help them in the long run. That's all I have. I'll report when I get my unit back. Cheers. :peace::2c:

Agree with you completely, please don't stop sharing it, I for one appreciate your perspective. Sometimes everybody just likes to share their own whenever they see one that seems to contradict it. Part of self-centered human nature perhaps (speaking for myself too)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Improvements ideas and constructive criticism are definitely welcome. I really enjoyed for instance the idea of sourcing the exact same trigger button but with an added twist-to-lock feature.

We also battled hard to have RBT try to find alternative solutions to get rid of the adhesives (easier said than done tho) as well as pushing other ideas forward, but RBT had to focus on other priorities and goals for the short to mid term. When his situation will become less critical, I hope he will have time to consider new developments and modifications. But for now he's closed even to the Z-team input...

article-doc-ab4vr-46D6j9s3kfc085825ded17fa30fa-287_634x421.jpg

AJS

Calm Consistency
Haven't been here in a few weeks so decided to catch up, and I'm so glad I did! You guys are always filled with such positive vibes that spread through this thread! Very exciting to hear about people with production Zions and Milaanas comparing. Funny, I made a post earlier saying how I was so satisfied with the Milaana, that the Zion seemed like overkill. Not anymore! I now have something to look forward to, while still vaping on that full bodied signature Milaana. Life is good, and the wait will be easy.

Honestly...I completely forgot I had one of these ordered, because of the Milaana teasing us early 100 for the past month. But now...NOW...I am fully aware that I have this ordered, and I'll be obsessing over this thread, as I did when I first ordered (read all 200 pages within two weeks of ordering, extremely worth it). I'm more excited than ever, now that Ive tried the Milaana, and it was exactly what I imagined. You FC members sure have a wonderful way of describing how a vape feels...there was no speculation on my end of what my experience would feel like.

@IAmKrazy2 described the consistency of the Zion as "divine." After using the Milaana, I can only imagine the feeling of choosing the peaking point of the unit. Knowing that after a few seconds of drawing, every single time, the vapor will be flowing at a certain rate. The heat will peak at a certain power level. That just sounds amazing. While the Nano stays at a certain temp then sorta drops as the hit prolongs, the Zion will increase to the pre-set temp and will most likely put up against your draw. It really just sounds dreamy, and would produce the full range of CBDs as it increases to the chosen power level. Wow...I'm excited for this thing. Take your time RBT.

I was scared scared something would happen to my Milaana, and I'd only have my vapman again. Nothing wrong with that...but I don't want to lose my instant convection, as I retired my other vapes that filled that niche. I realize now that...my Milaana only needs to last long enough until I get my Zion, that way, if my Milaana breaks, I'll have the Zion while my Milaana is at the hospital. That settles my nerves.

I'm glad RBT is taking as long as possible and REALLY making sure these things are built to last. I know he'll be able to pull through. Until then, I'm relying on you guys to quench my Zion thirst. Well, and my Milaana.

:peace::sherlock:

Top Bottom