Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes seems he will be able to get back to Zion in a couple weeks, Milaana is close to caught up and running on its own. He will also email prior to shipment for address confirmation (nevermind the surprise 420 Milaana launch, more of an isolated incident it seems)

pushpaw

I doubt anyone will have much success contacting him. Busy with getting the Milaaana out to the masses. The Zion is on the back burner for now, although I think a timeline was mentioned in the Milaaana thread.

And this is why I am quite glad I did not jump in with a pre-order at the last minute. I still think the Zion looks to be a great vaporizer, but I have had more than enough delays and string alongs with the Grasshopper (which was well worth the wait) and it seems almost crazy to say it, but the Hopperlabs guys did a way better job with communications than I am seeing with the Zion delays.

I did pre-order a Firefly2 about the same time that the Zion order page closed and I already have it, and it is pretty damned great. I will see how I feel about the Zion once it actually becomes available for purchase from a reputable retailer, should that ever happen. (Unless I were to win VnV's contest... @VegNVape - is the contest still a thing? Did anyone win, or is that backburnered as well? Just curious. It was fun participating, but then afterward all fell silent...)

The Milaana does not interest me since I already have a Grasshopper which is more discrete for portable use, has no glass stem to break or lose, and has temp controls built in. And which for the most part (apart from a couple issues which were warranty repaired) works astoundingly well. (Which is to say when it is working, which is most of the time, it works really amazingly well.)

pushpaw,

pushpaw

Hi @pushpaw :wave:

Now I'm pretty sure that you should already know this . . . but please refer to the photohunt contest thread for all contest related info . . .

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vnvs-rbt-zion-mystery-object-photo-hunt.19691/page-4

Otherwise, feel free to drop me a p.m.

Many thanks

:peace:
Oops, sorry about that. :doh: Just typing the words as they pop into my aging and possibly defective brain, and had totally missed that there was a recent update over on that thread.

Was mostly just writing down feelings that have been sort of bubbling in the background of my mind after watching this thread (the Zion thread, not contest one) for some time. It felt not too long ago that the whole Zion thing had excellent momentum and it really captured my interest, but then somewhere it jumped the tracks, or lost steam, or some other train metaphor... suddenly there was not only no momentum, but almost like it was rolling away rather than towards. I don't know. And sort of right at the moment when it was supposed to be 'arriving' it instead became something that the guy making them wasn't even interested in anymore. And the sense that he just doesn't really care about those who have ponied up money already is, well, somewhat offputting. And to be clear I am not trying to say that he has lost interest, or that he doesn't care, just that that's what it felt like to me as I observed things happening here.

I guess this is all just an example of how tenuous customer/maker relations can be. But I am just rambling now... (new Firefly2 works all too well, and I have a house full of half finished projects at the moment since I keep forgetting what the heck I am doing, or getting distracted...)

Anyways, cheers and again my apologies for thread mixups, or out of line mentions, or whatever you might call that. I am hopeful that the Zion train gets back on track, and in the meantime I am almost too well medicated via other battery powered whatsits. :tup:

Shit Snacks

Does the Zion require holding a button down while using it the way the Milaana does?

...yes? You did get to use yours before having to send it back right? Same basic principle it just has regulated voltage control of its two batteries with the knob for the temp rise vs unregulated single battery in Milaana

little maggie

...yes? You did get to use yours before having to send it back right? Same basic principle it just has regulated voltage control of its two batteries with the knob for the temp rise vs unregulated single battery in Milaana
I never had a chance to try mine because it didn't work at all. Still I love the milaana so if the zion is anything like this I will love it too. I have some problem with pressure on my thumb though which is why I asked. The Milaana only needs to be held for a few seconds so I can handle that. But I never could use the hammer because if required too much pressure.

Choughed

I let my MIL know that it seems like Zion will be another 6 months away, and as she's still combusting, maybe take a look at some other options. Money might be tight for her right now, so she may have to go with a refund. :( That would mean that I won't get to try the Zion, but it's not about me.. I'd rather see her vaping than waiting.

Here's hoping I'm wrong and the Zion excitement and momentum picks up again real soon!

Shit Snacks

I never had a chance to try mine because it didn't work at all. Still I love the milaana so if the zion is anything like this I will love it too. I have some problem with pressure on my thumb though which is why I asked. The Milaana only needs to be held for a few seconds so I can handle that. But I never could use the hammer because if required too much pressure.

Ah yes, so we will see then. But yes the way it works will be the same, so you may enjoy having your Zion tunrd to max for that reason, but honestly if you do that just at first to get it heat soaked you can also hold it less like Milaana. The lower levels of the knob is where you may need to hold it longer, but you actually might really like the cool hits you get there so could get along fine overall. But yes the key feature is the on demand vapor with the button press, that is a constant for this vape vs a session style vape or something with breath sensors lile GH and ESV. I do find it easier to hold down the Zi/Mi button vs a torch or when I used the hammer once, sometimes it even feels like I'm not pressing it enough but I am as it feels like no strain for me at least

I let my MIL know that it seems like Zion will be another 6 months away, and as she's still combusting, maybe take a look at some other options. Money might be tight for her right now, so she may have to go with a refund. :( That would mean that I won't get to try the Zion, but it's not about me.. I'd rather see her vaping than waiting.

Here's hoping I'm wrong and the Zion excitement and momentum picks up again real soon!

Oof thats terrible Im sorry, I hope you don't lose the chance to try Zion, especially since you got in at such a low price and internationally with your MIL workaround... It is a shame it wasn't Milaana since that took priority but Zion will be worth the wait if she can hold out (I'd say less than 6, more like 2, but guessing of course)... Maybe you could recommend her a VapCap? At $30 its a very cheap option that offers a unique vapor style that could still be enjoyed after Zion does finally arrive?

Last edited:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Assuming the Gold package is just the lifetime warranty and little bit of extras, it comes to $451.95 CDN. Don't think I'll be telling any of my Canadian brethren to go grab one anytime with that price, they'll think I'm fucking nuts for spending that, but ayyyy, I didn't.

I hope that when I actually receive my Zion, I will be able to recommend it to people with the price justified. Until then, :ugh:.

Fuck I'm glad I never asked for a refund.

I kinda dig that this is being sold over at Planetvape. I wonder if I could go pick mine up? Would only be a 2 hour drive.

Last edited:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I know it's great tech but I hope the look gets refined a bit. People might get upset buying a $300 vape that looks like it was made in high school shop class. Not meant to bash, once they use it, I'm sure they'll be happy but......

That's how I felt when I bought an OG cloud. The construction was underwhelming, to me at least. Performance made up for it.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I know it's great tech but I hope the look gets refined a bit. People might get upset buying a $300 vape that looks like it was made in high school shop class. Not meant to bash, once they use it, I'm sure they'll be happy but......

That's how I felt when I bought an OG cloud. The construction was underwhelming, to me at least. Performance made up for it.

Yeah i still have the VXC #0. It doesn't work anymore, and was crude, but it was cool to have the unit that started it all. I also had one of the first production units, hand assembled, looked wonky, but was truly earthshaking game changer for me at the time. IMO nothing was even close back then so i didn't care.

I actually like the look of the Zion. Others often are too. Stopped by an old friends house yesterday with the dogs. He doesn't vape/smoke anymore, but i often bring him icecubes of canna coconut oil. He is an artist, currently working in computer graphics design and CGI. He does tons of work for Hollywood and TV commercials through his company.

Anyway, he was blown away by the appearance of the Zion and the looks. Mesmerizing he said as he took it appart, back together, ect... Dude didn't even want to use it... Haha.

Alright. Now i am rambling. Morning Supreme and Zion session before lunch with my bro got me.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Yeah i still have the VXC #0. It doesn't work anymore, and was crude, but it was cool to have the unit that started it all. I also had one of the first production units, hand assembled, looked wonky, but was truly earthshaking game changer for me at the time. IMO nothing was even close back then so i didn't care.

I actually like the look of the Zion. Others often are too. Stopped by an old friends house yesterday with the dogs. He doesn't vape/smoke anymore, but i often bring him icecubes of canna coconut oil. He is an artist, currently working in computer graphics design and CGI. He does tons of work for Hollywood and TV commercials through his company.

Anyway, he was blown away by the appearance of the Zion and the looks. Mesmerizing he said as he took it appart, back together, ect... Dude didn't even want to use it... Haha.

Alright. Now i am rambling. Morning Supreme and Zion session before lunch with my bro got me.
All a matter of perception I suppose. :tup::2c::peace:

Top Bottom