Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Not the new heater?! :doh:Uggh wishing you the best @RastaBuddhaTao! Good progress otherwise though I'm sure...
Looking forward to the update!

Yeah I actually often put a pinch of fresh green ontop of a near spent bowl so those last couple hits are tasty terpy thcy regardless. I also often cash my load before avb is totally spent, I like to keep it on the lighter side typically (and eventually bake with it when there's a ton), which still means very many great hits per bowl regardless ofcourse. I also tend to stir once or twice for flavor and such more than anything else, as previously discussed stirring is a choice not a necessity (so great for the car btw!)

Anyway this post^ got moved but i forgot to mention that I do tend to take the avb much darker through water on a weekend... Been a while since I had the chance but through the FC-MOD showerhead and Evolver HydraTree it happened so easily even in colder Zen with a very stuffed very shallow basket bowl and the vapor kept coming yet no scorching despite the dark spot. Risky bc the visual and throat feedback is difficult like this of course, but sometimes worth it... All other hits and bowls were more controlled and an even dark brown

ItrE7QP.jpg

(Zig is on the right in a honeycomb)

killick

But I like it!
I can run mine at full temp with either short or long stem in it and don't find it uncomfortable. I *do* find that I can get near 100% combustion by cranking the dial to max and sucking like a mofo on the stem. I'm still in play mode tho, so none of this is real sciency or anything like that.

One of these days I'll take some ABV pix. This is probably the darkest I've gotten abv from any vape. And then there's combustion, or post ABV, which is still useable as only a weenie bit usually catches fire, and if I'm quick I can starve it before it goes to far. But I'm still in play mode. And I really need to clean some glass.

I found a good trick to cleaning the screen tho - get most things out with the stir stick, turn Zion to 13, and take a few vape-filled draws. Nice and clean and ready for refilling.

Party on :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I can run mine at full temp with either short or long stem in it and don't find it uncomfortable. I *do* find that I can get near 100% combustion by cranking the dial to max and sucking like a mofo on the stem. I'm still in play mode tho, so none of this is real sciency or anything like that.

One of these days I'll take some ABV pix. This is probably the darkest I've gotten abv from any vape. And then there's combustion, or post ABV, which is still useable as only a weenie bit usually catches fire, and if I'm quick I can starve it before it goes to far. But I'm still in play mode. And I really need to clean some glass.

I found a good trick to cleaning the screen tho - get most things out with the stir stick, turn Zion to 13, and take a few vape-filled draws. Nice and clean and ready for refilling.

Agreed, I do use it dry most of the time and have no trouble in the upper ranges (just means taking quicker rips vs slower sips is all). Water helps really pull a lot of volume though, not that its difficult with vapor this dense anyway, great regardless but its a fun way to mix things up at least. Hydratubes are actually where Zion really shines, very even extraction and smooth hits... Will share more photos soon

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Good evening all... Sorry for the delay. The sub zero temperatures in Upstate NY have made things interesting over the last 72.

So much going on all at once now it's hard to believe how fast things are progressing as the RBT grass roots organic machine is driving towards mass production. So many great partners are setting up to accelerate the process of getting to "Buy it today, ship it tomorrow" status worldwide. Jah willing, things should be in full force for concert season.

As always, be patient, stay positive, have fun and buy more Zions so ya'll get more free stuff... Just four Zion's away from a free Milaana give-away!

Peace,
RBT

http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/zion-progress

Fission

@RastaBuddhaTao I see that the update mentions that units 25-35 are being held off from shipping until you are able to determine the cause of the failed units. Will you be building any units after 35 during that time, or will production be brought to a complete halt in the meantime?

nkotb

Just wanted to share my updated thoughts on my Zion, now that we've had more time to get to know each other:

What I love:

- The design. I can't tell you how many conversations I've had with people about how great I think this design is. The ruggedness, the simplicity, the ease, etc... It's just so impressive to me.
- The speed. I feel like I generally need to warm up for 5-6 seconds at first, pause, hold for 2-3 seconds, then hit. There's only button, so it's just hold the button for warmup while I vacuum-load my stem; let go and plug the stem in; adjust temp and push the button as I exhale; and Zion and I are both ready for vapor. :tup: I'm normally a Nano/Daisy/Peace guy, so I don't usually have to wait long, in addition to the speed, there's also...
- The convenience! It's all-in one, so I don't have to carry a Daisy, a torch, an herb dish, or my Scoop-N-Stir up and down stairs when I want to move the session (which saves me trips up and down stairs for forgotten items :lol:).
- The look. In addition to being something I bring downstairs, the Zion is something I'm ok with setting on the mantle when not in use. I love that.

Things I find less than perfect:

- The way herb builds up in a ring around the perimiter of the heater/stem screens. Not that bad, but still.
- If only it were just a *little* bit smaller. But I've got smallish hands.
- I wish there were one more magnet between the heater and stem ports, opposite the stir stick. The lid magnet does work well, but the two magnets on the battery cover have a much more substantial feel.

Overall....I love it. My gripes are minor and don't really effect usage. As long as I've got enough herb to cover the screen, I feel like a good session is just about guaranteed with Zion. I've combusted just a couple of times by really pushing things with the bubbler (testing limits), but normally, it's easy to get what I want from my new vape. I do prefer to use the longer stem or a dry bubbler, but I'm typing this with the Zion next to me with the short stem in, so it definitely gets used as received. The batteries last a full day of use or more for me, and I've got a spare set ready at all times. Oh, and the Nano, Daisy, and Peace? I haven't gone back to them since Zion arrived. I'm sure I'll use them again (I love all the vapes I currently own), but there's a new sheriff in town, and right now, it looks like Zion is in charge. :cool:

I too mostly use it dry. I jury rigged a water setup, but wasn't really enjoying the experience. Maybe I'll try rigging something a little less ghetto and see what I think.

I haven't personally combusted, though at 100% things can get dicey.

To clean my screen, I like to stir out all the crumbs, heat for a full draw, clean the front of screen of the (now soft) debris with the stir stick, heat again, then clean the back. Back to 90-100% draw rate in no time.

@ the rest of the Z-team: Is there a recommended size of dowel to place/remove screen with?

killick

But I like it!
Pencil? WTF is this 'pencil' of which you speak (says the IT guy, who can't read his own writing since keyboards were invented)?

So I'm medicating at the PC, and one thing leads to another, and the new delrin adapter from @stickstones is here for the MiniVAP, as well as a new Jhook. It's hooked up and running and is really darn smooth! So decide to do some taste tests with No13. The short answer is that I love them both dearly! MV with a Jhook is great, Zion is great, and I'm really, really stoned.

I'm probably not the right one to try compare any two vapes, unless one really, really sucked. And in this case neither one does. I'd *really* like to rig No13 up with a Jhook - the vape is sooo smooth. It's like a breathe of cool air. Not that Z is too hot, it's just that cool is surprising. I'm taking in 3x draw size as it really just feels like breathing plain old air. Which makes for a very effective and quick session, unless you are a bit of a glutton, which I may very well be... Oh, well ;)

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Pencil? WTF is this 'pencil' of which you speak (says the IT guy, who can't read his own writing since keyboards were invented)?

So I'm medicating at the PC, and one thing leads to another, and the new delrin adapter from @stickstones is here for the MiniVAP, as well as a new Jhook. It's hooked up and running and is really darn smooth! So decide to do some taste tests with No13. The short answer is that I love them both dearly! MV with a Jhook is great, Zion is great, and I'm really, really stoned.

I'm probably not the right one to try compare any two vapes, unless one really, really sucked. And in this case neither one does. I'd *really* like to rig No13 up with a Jhook - the vape is sooo smooth. It's like a breathe of cool air. Not that Z is too hot, it's just that cool is surprising. I'm taking in 3x draw size as it really just feels like breathing plain old air. Which makes for a very effective and quick session, unless you are a bit of a glutton, which I may very well be... Oh, well ;)

Pics or it didn't happen! :D

Seriously, drooling for pics...:drool:

Mulehead

Just more than covering the screen, at 100% is soooo fuckin tasty!!!

I'm starting to wonder if "flavor" from pure convection devices mostly tastes the same?
My two biggest hitters IMO are the Zion and MV.
IMO they have the best flavor of my lineup too.
I think flavor for me is directly tied to vapor production.
More vapor=better flavor?
Kinda makes sense right?

Anyway I get 3-4 huge hits from a very small amount, .02 I'm guessing.
With a ramped up draw, I get amazing taste!
The flavor crown in my house is close to having a new king!
@killick I'm going to hook my J up to Zion and MV side by side and let the battle begin, just have to wait till kids aren't home.

Battery life is crazy compared to other portables.
One set/day is my average, and I mean all day and evening sessions!

This thread is about to go crazy, as units make their way out.
I look forward to hearing all the minds blow and faces melt!

HD Springer

@Mulehead its nice to hear these reports from someone other then the usual suspects. And I love doing exactly what your saying. Add just enough to the stem to cover the screen so you can grab a few hits on full power. Instant effects to the head. And the flavor. Oh that wonderful flavor. I'm still in my honeymoon phase with my Zion. It's been almost 2 full mos. and I'm more happy now then ever. It's a vaporizer that gives me the same kick ass results every time. What more can I ask for.

I am having a ton of fun with my Zion. Stuff a nug in, grip n rip. Nug shattwiches are once again becoming a regular affair in my house. I've been using an extra screen as my oil screen, but it lacks the volume I'm looking for. Gonna try stuffing a stainless steel wire coil (wick?) into the basket of the screen, and see if that can hold more hits reasonably.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@ragnorokk I reckon something like this may do the trick. The Vapcap bowl is 8mm,5/16th so my coil is tiny. The 18mm Zion glass could hold a much bigger one, or possibly a coiled coil. Mine was wrapped around a 2mm,1/16th screwdriver shaft and then pulled round on itself.
ofRC9xzm.jpg
JoriCZVm.jpg

Top Bottom