Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
'Would coconut oil work on maple as a finish?', he asks, while medicated as a kite and hanging a taxidermied antelope trophy above his fireplace mantel...

Because it probably wouldn't require sanding first. Many oil finishes are great at removing gunk from wood. Walnut oil maybe?

Not sure on either. I was thinking that the plastic residue might not dissolve when the oil is applied.

Vape Dr.

@Bizkat Would mineral spirits take off the glue without harming the finish?
WD40 also claims to take glue off of wood without harming the finish.

Believe it or not I found an article that claims mayonnaise will take tape residue off of wooden furniture! Here is the link:
http://cccfurnishings.com/clean-sticky-residue/

Just a few suggestions so you don't have to sand it all down and refinish it but don't take my word on any of these.

I would check with RBT or @Snappo or @Ed's TnT. I'm sure one of these guys has an easy trick.

Vape Dr.

I'd be wary or things like WD-40 on a vape, or some of these other finishes being mentioned. Think about if you want these chemicals anywhere near your hot airpath.

I agree.
It may be OK but like I said it is best to ask someone who knows wood well.
I was just looking up options that wouldn't require sanding and refinishing.

Fission

I recall RBT saying in one of his most recent posts in the thread that he was planning on posting weekly updates on Sundays. Should we still expect that?

Fission,

Fission

it seems the page is updated already
Which page would that be that you're looking at. I've refreshed the Zion Progress page a couple of times and closed and reloaded the tab to check if my browser cached the page, but still didn't see an update.

Fission,

Fission

Ah, now I see the added week 1 total. Didn't notice that before. I just looked at the big number and saw that it said as of 1/29. Anyways, RBT's last post in the thread said that he would be posting here each Sunday. Do any of the Z-team know if we should expect this, or if the giveaway totals are the only update this week.

Fission,
Well...seeing all these fresh zion photos and hearing all the positive feedback got me tooo giddy and I couldn't hold off any longer.. Zion preordered! So pumped! The wait will be killer but totally worth it!

And since the rbt give away just updated.. My purchase should bump that # to 20 so yay free screens!!!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hey Veggy,

All your pics made me drooling and spinning! Nice job!

What's that kind of intimacy seen in the picture? Is it a staredown? Is it passionate kissing? There sure is some secret magic to it :D

How did VyV pass customs? What did you have to pay there? What's ticked and written on the declaration?
(You know why I'm asking... Early EU bastard here ;))

Say hi to the boys and hug em from me!!

Gooood daze - actually this one made my day :)

:peace:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
That lid tho.....

especially that cap. OMG. :drool:

Seconded! That capppp :drool:

Wow that cap is just bad ass VnV
So, er . . . . . you like the cap then? :razz:

It really is a beauty eh!
Yo RBT! You did real gooooooood . . . .

:mmmm:

It may be my OCD but I do have one thing about it. I noticed the top most glued down back cover doesn't seem to sit too nicely in some areas in a few of the photos. Although Im probably just being over fussy
Hey there Delloy - I think I would probably have to agree with your self diagnosis of being over fussy! ;)

There is a slight gap on the trigger button side where the rear electronics cover is attached to the main body - but it is minimal. And to me, any perceived imperfections only serve to add character to an already larger than life beast of a vaporizer!

Just remember that these things are hand built - so there will be inconsistencies in this respect, but it is the heater that is important. As long as your heater performs like Vyv's you will forget all about any niggles you may have had regarding the finish . . . . which imo, is completed to a very high standard, of which I am more than happy with. Vyvyan is so smooooth! You can tell that a whole lotta love went into building him.

And another thing to remember is that I'm pretty sure that my close up shots draw far more attention to these minor details than would be noticed in a real life situation.

So don't worry Delloy, I think you're gonna be perfectly happy when you finally hold the almighty Zion firmly within your grasp :nod:

Your stir stick makes me jealous.
Oooh-er!

Alright @vapen00b :)
You may be happy to hear that VyV came through customs fully legit - e-cig style, with the expected customs charge. Nothing hefty. So I'm pretty sure you'll be AllGood when your time comes around.

So, you could feel the heat too eh? Yeah, it looks like we've got ourselves a proper bro-mance going on here - these guys can't get enough of each other!

They are brothers in arms. Fighting the good fight.

:rockon:

:love:

MuchLoveZionNation!
:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Greetings Zion Nation!

Just wanted to let everyone know that i just posted an update to the progress report and the FC give-away on the www. It's been nice to interface with early customers and get caught up on customer inquiries. After such an accelerated development its nice to stop for a second and smell the roses.

Thanks to all for believing in the Zion in these early stages as without your support the RBT would not exist.

Peace,
RBT

EDIT: Below is the latest response from C1

Just to report, my Zion is working amazingly every day "out of the box", I'm averaging nearly one set of battery per evening (only after work for me!) and it's already too much for my poor face, I even had to go and make some shopping for the we, if you know what I mean, because of how well it is working! The evening before I leave a prepared stem for afterwork, it allows to start vaping right after entering at home, best way to avoid combustion desires...
For me the most amazing part of the zion experience is that it is really easier and more natural to load a stem and vape with respect to traditional rolling with papers, with the other vapes I was forcing myself to prepare everything to vape (with more or less complex preheat procedures and times, proper grinding, loading, chamber connections, ecc ecc) instead of rolling, which I felt more natural after so many years... Zion is the first vape that changed that feeling, now if I even have the desire to "roll one" I immediately think: oh what a mess, too long and complicated, let's do a stem! For me this is really the feature that makes it a gamechanger, good airflow, good taste are necessary but if they come at the cost of 10 minutes warming time, like the mv, well, in that time if I'm stressed afterwork I can roll one and finish it before the mv even reaches its temperature...
While with the zion if you feel the need you can finish a couple of stems in that 10 minutes! And what stems, I've not turned the mv on since gettin Yen last week! The most enjoyable sessions are with a full stem and not grinded material, it can last one hour making a couple hits now and then, inverting the stem in its holder is like leaving the j**nt on the ashtray...

I also finally ordered some glass adapters from planetvape, shipping is as usual expensive but it was the only place where I found a 18-18 mm and a 18-14 mm connector with US standards (as suggested from shit snacks on fc) and an internal diameter reduction (they call it "vortex") that should give the effect of compressing the air flow lines over the bowl that I was speaking about in some previous mail. The solo stem I have at home made with this principle is really amazing in the zion, the vapour production is even faster and denser than stock stem with same dial and load, but of course the material lasts less due to faster extraction... When they arrive I'll let you know how they work with the zion, since I still did not use it with water until now (the 18-18 is for a "big" bubbler to use with water, the 18-14 is to use dry the small hydrotube chinese clone I showed in a previuos mail).

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
So glad rbt managed to take a break from his work to give us these updates!
20 is a bit lower than I expected, as my friend's and I were 3 of those, haha. Excited for the prizes that have yet to come!

It seems the ride will be long, but very smooth, for us 2016 orderers. I'm excited by the consistencies in production, and consistencies in results of each individual vape.

Keep spreading that virus so we can get this lifetime warranty we all want!

Top Bottom