Zeus Thunder Vape Pen

TooMuchLight

Hey there everyone!

Seeing the lack on information anywhere on the web for this product, the Zeus Thunder Vape Pen, I decided to give it a go and write one after receiving mine. The Zeus thunder vape pen is made by the company Zeus Arsenal and sold by torontovaporizers.ca for 100$ (Really it's the ,same business, but they will tell you it's not. Zeus' trademark is owned by TorontoVape.) I bought one after seeing all the positive reviews on the torontovaporizer.ca website. According to them this was a great vape pen of premium quality. I must admit that I was suspicious at first (who has perfect reviews nowadays) but since it was a Canadian company with a BBB rating of A+, I decided to give it a try.

First impression upon opening the box: What a small pen vape. I thought it would be way bigger honestly. The exterior of the pen does give it a classy look, and it seems pretty sturdy. It's small & discreet. FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO BEFORE OPERATING IT: Wash it with some Q-tips and Iso alcohol. It will remove SOME (but not all) of the residues and unwanted tastes.

Then upon removing the "Zshield" cap, I got the sense of how cheap the default Z-Wax unit was. It's basically a coil in some sort of ceramic bucket, you see the wires hanging out. The Z-Wax itself seems to be made of plastic or acrylic, and seems easily broken. But how about performance? Well it does perform decently, if it wasn't for the HORRIBLE burnt plastic taste coming from the Zshield cap. Seriously, 10 minutes after vaping I still have that taste in my mouth... No yum factor. There is no apparent damage nowhere so i'm not 100% sure of where the taste comes from. All seem to point to the Zshield itself, which is made of cheap plastic. I would expect a metal pathway for the vapor (glass would be good, but metal better since it's a portable) to come with the unit; Instead, they sell you an "Upgraded" version of the ZWax for an additional 40$ -- Not sure it's worth it. Even cleaned with ISO alcohol the taste of the vapor ain't famous or tasty. It tastes plastic. Bear in mind that this is a 100$ pen vape kit.

Then the Z-oil. First impressions upon looking at it: Cheap plastic or acrylic shell, seems unpleasant to use, That silicon cap on top to prevent the liquid from spilling is just... Wow... soooo 2015. I did crook the interior coil just by attempting to remove the silicon cap. After putting some of my favorite juice in, waiting a minute or two for the wicks to soak in the liquid, I ended up taking my first draw with success! Still tastes like plastic remnants from the Zshield, but the clouds we're surprising. Without a big airflow (2 tiny holes at the base of the Z-oil) I ended up getting some pretty good sized clouds. Now while i'm not impressed by the Zoil unit, they do sell an upgraded one that seems to be better (steel pathway, glass shell, better general construction) for 19.99$. DON'T VAPE WHILE LAYING DOWN! You will get some hot juice in your mouth!!! Overall it vapes ok, but the Z-Oil feels more like a 25$ corner store e-cig than a 100$ one.

Now down to the Z-Erb. I started vaping a month ago and never been able to go back to combustion. It just tastes awful and I wonder how I manage to smoke for all theses years. But for the sake of the review I had to try it with dry herbs and also pressed Kief (the latter would be for me). The unit seems tuff compared to the rest of the kit. Metal construction, glass shell, it's way bigger too. No Z-Shield to spoil the taste! Upon removing the glass casing, you expose a metal chamber that seems nice! You then have to unscrew the top metal "screen" to expose the heating chamber. You could MAYBE fit in a full .2, but I doubt. the chamber is tiny! Also upon inspecting the oven and the screen, I ended up ruling out pressed kief. It simply won't do, the kief will drop on the heating element, or powder up and go through the screen, just not practical and enjoyable. So, as for performance with dry materials: It does combust them alright! And gosh, after 2 buckets the screen on top is HOT and nearly impossible to unscrew without burning yourself. Not practical for a full session. Did they even think about that?

Warranty: The best part. They offer a 2 years warranty for the electrical components, USB and Wall charger. BUT, this is what you can read under the disclaimer part of the user manual: The thunder is not intended to be used with any illegal, medicinal, or unregulated substances. Any improper or unlawfful (really, 2 fs, great proof reading) use of this product will void the warranty. So basically, even if you use it for aromatherapy, you void the warranty since it falls in the "unregulated substances" category.

Conclusion: So, is the Zeus Thunder Vape pen worth the 99.99$ (Plus tax plus shipping, because it is not over 100$, so technically you won't get your free shipping), the answer is simple: No. Not at all. The rubbish construction of the Z-Wax and Z-oil tanks, the fact that it doesn't actually VAPE herbs but combusts them, the plastic pathway on the Z-Shield that completely spoils the vapor tastes, all of this doesn't justify paying that much for what you get. You could buy the Z-Wax Pro and Z-Oil Pro tanks, and fit them on any EGO type battery you can find. You would save money and get a better quality product in the end. Even with the free Zeus bolt grinder, I cannot recommend buying this kit to anyone, even as a first vaporizer.

Personally, I feel scammed by toronto vaporizer. They delete bad comments (this review was submitted for moderation but never made it in the review section of their page) to make their product look good so you end up being tempted, and when you realize you've been scammed it's too late. If you've used the pen, you can't ask for refund. If components break while using it, Zeus basically reserves the right to void your warranty because YOU ACTUALLY USED IT. And technically this is not a vaporizer, but an aromatherapy machine, but aroma's being an "unregulated substance", it still voids your warranty. If by luck, you never used your pen and would like a refund, don't forget restocking fees!

Last edited:

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
I've had the Zeus Thunder for a while. With the updraded wax chamber, the thunder is not a bad unit for concentrates. I don't use it much only because I want to keep my tolerance near the floor and so I stick to flowers.

I hear you about Toronto Vaporizer though. Of course they are affiliated with Zeus brand, you'll find that their staff push their own brands and rebrands as the best vaporizers, hands down, and that they always come out on top in their heavily biased reviews. Just a little shifty if you ask me! Getting past the BS, they are not a bad place to deal with when they have a good sale going!

snorcan,
Top Bottom