• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Zepto| The World's First Credit Card Vaporizer

VapinVentor

Where vaporizers are re-invented!
Manufacturer
Hey guys,

We hope you all had a great thanksgiving weekend! Today we wanted to share with everyone a feature of Zepto that we feel is crucial to it's convenience. This is just one of many of Zepto feature articles that we’ll be releasing over time.

(In the case the images below don't show, Heres the link to The Sliding Mechanism Article)

1*9xHIDRKlXcpt4PV5OzFlmw.png

1*SSYkg3hNgUWATZLp12Enbw.png

1*BvA38X-_1h7cMudscE5HTg.png

1*lntrBHLo1tR3Lkv3XD20jw.png

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Hey guys,

We hope you all had a great thanksgiving weekend! Today we wanted to share with everyone a feature of Zepto that we feel is crucial to it's convenience. This is just one of many of Zepto feature articles that we’ll be releasing over time.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-02%20at%2012.36.44%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-02%20at%2012.37.03%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-02%20at%2012.37.24%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-02%20at%2012.37.39%20AM.png
Sorry, but I'm not seeing your attachments on my iPad. Is it my device causing the problem?

mixchu69

Hey guys,

(In the case the images below don't show, Heres the link to The Sliding Mechanism Article)

1*9xHIDRKlXcpt4PV5OzFlmw.png

1*SSYkg3hNgUWATZLp12Enbw.png

1*BvA38X-_1h7cMudscE5HTg.png

1*lntrBHLo1tR3Lkv3XD20jw.png
Is the atomizer a ti coil? I was hoping there would be innovation in the atomizer (maybe all ceramic) Too many ti coil atomizers out there, but you did innovate on the aesthetics and form factor.

thegoo

Is the atomizer a ti coil? I was hoping there would be innovation in the atomizer (maybe all ceramic) Too many ti coil atomizers out there, but you did innovate on the aesthetics and form factor.

I would also like to hear more about the material used for the atomizer.

Also, did I read that the atomizer is uncovered/exposed during use? How will the user prevent oil from bubbling up and out of the chamber.

@VapinVentor

VapinVentor

Manufacturer

Great Question! We felt the same way about there being too many nichrome and ti coils, and the furthest innovation so far is ceramic donuts or Ti/nichrome coils wrapped around different wick material such as silica wick, ceramic rods and quartz rods. We felt that wasn’t good enough, so we created our own heating element! Our heating technology is a clear glass chip! Which we have yet to release images of, but the unveiling is coming soon!

The atomizer bowl will be removable/replaceable. Which means you can swap in the heating element you prefer. We will be offering Nichrome/TI coils, Ceramic heating elements, and our proprietary clear glass heating element chip.

As for the images we are displaying of Zepto, the coil within the atomizer is there just to clearly convey that it is the atomizer. Everyone can recognize a coil and associate thats where the oil concentrate goes.

I would also like to hear more about the material used for the atomizer.

As for the atomizer bowl itself, it will be fully ceramic!

Also, did I read that the atomizer is uncovered/exposed during use? How will the user prevent oil from bubbling up and out of the chamber.

And not exactly, sorry for the misunderstanding. But what we were trying to express is that you have the option of leaving the atomizer uncovered/exposed, and as a result the user would experience heavier airflow since it would be more pipe like. But generally Zepto was designed to insert your oil concentrate and then move the slider into the closed position so that the atomizer is enclosed, which is what we refer to as an enclosed airway.

In the case that a user prefers to leave the atomizer open, then there is that slight chance of the oil spattering out. Although from my experience if you don’t over pack your bowl, that isn’t anything to worry about. An example from my experience with the glass globe vaporizer, in most cases the atomizer is completely uncovered but i don’t recall there being much spillage or bubbling over unless I generously over packed the atomizer.

Last edited:

thegoo

@VapinVentor

Thanks for clarifying! I am excited about this new heating element you are working on, it sounds great.
In your description above it states that the sliding mechanism will be limited to the oil version of the zepto...does that mean there will be 3 different models, one for each material?

VapinVentor

Manufacturer
Thanks for clarifying! I am excited about this new heating element you are working on, it sounds great.
In your description above it states that the sliding mechanism will be limited to the oil version of the zepto...does that mean there will be 3 different models, one for each material?
No Problem. And yeah the heating element is really going to be something special! But to answer your last question, yes, we will be releasing three individual models, each responsible for vaporizing it's own material! (Ex; Wax/Oils, Dry Herb, and E-Liquid) ;)

VapinVentor

Manufacturer
Thanks for the support guys. It really means a lot! We appreciate all of your comments and questions as they are always welcome.

So later on this week, we plan on releasing another feature article for you guys so definitely come online and check out the thread for any updates!

For any of our subscribers on here, we’ll be sending out a feature update on Tuesday morning so make sure to look out for that as well.

VapinVentor

Manufacturer
@VapinVentor the wireless charging seems like a slick feature. Maybe not "necessary," but certainly less vape clutter on my desk.
Edit: @thegoo you make a fine point that if it needs to come with you, the charging pad becomes a downside.
I agree.
I would almost rather have a regular charger so I dont have to carry around a clunky base.
I guess it really depends on how big the battery will be and how often it needs to be charged.

I get where your coming from, but ultimately to make Zepto as thin, advanced and convenient as possible, we needed to eliminate the charging port all together.

Although it is great to know that there are those that prefer a regular charger, we’ll keep that in mind as a back up plan if anything!

In regards to having to carry the charging base, we understand that would really defeat the purpose of zepto being as portable as it is. So first off, we expect Zepto to last several days of use on one charge. So it should easily last you the day, which means there would really be no need to carry the charging base with you.

Also wireless charging is becoming much more popular! Businesses left and right are implementing it, like Samsung, Starbucks and I’m sure many smaller businesses. But one big company is IKEA. IKEA has begun implementing wireless charging into their furniture. From what I understand it would charge directly through the surface of lets say a table. I imagine that this type of furniture will become ubiquitous and and wireless charging on the go will become the norm.

But lets say in a worst case scenario, that the user is going away on a 3 week trip to a place that 100% does not have wireless charging capabilities; we have been discussing a solution here, and conceptually it seems plausible. The idea is to have a portable charge wire accessory. It would kind of work like a thin pad that sticks onto Zepto ,plugs into the wall , and charges Zepto. Yes, some may w say that it defeats the purpose of wireless. But this would also open the door to using Zepto while charging! Which I know many people would like, instead of having to wait for it to charge. This way the user is not restricted, but will still have options! Ultimately it's an option we're considering so let us know what you think.

Thank you guys for your input, it's always appreciated.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
we expect Zepto to last several days of use on one charge
Whilst I enjoy your optimism have you actually run a mock up to try and prove this?
Your battery is going to be tiny in comparison to other devices and I really don't see how this can be possible.
My current conduction device has a 3000mah battery and I can just about eek a days worth of my use out of one. My back up uses a cell and a half.
I suggest you check out your competition and see how long their batteries actually last for.
A lot of companies have suggested some unreal run times which customer usage has shown.
Real time testing is the only way you can prove your this. Do some, prove it and then tell us the actual figures.
If you over hype the battery I can assure you that flak will come your way by the bucket load.

Mr. Me2

I get where your coming from, but ultimately to make Zepto as thin, advanced and convenient as possible, we needed to eliminate the charging port all together.

Although it is great to know that there are those that prefer a regular charger, we’ll keep that in mind as a back up plan if anything!

In regards to having to carry the charging base, we understand that would really defeat the purpose of zepto being as portable as it is. So first off, we expect Zepto to last several days of use on one charge. So it should easily last you the day, which means there would really be no need to carry the charging base with you.

Also wireless charging is becoming much more popular! Businesses left and right are implementing it, like Samsung, Starbucks and I’m sure many smaller businesses. But one big company is IKEA. IKEA has begun implementing wireless charging into their furniture. From what I understand it would charge directly through the surface of lets say a table. I imagine that this type of furniture will become ubiquitous and and wireless charging on the go will become the norm.

But lets say in a worst case scenario, that the user is going away on a 3 week trip to a place that 100% does not have wireless charging capabilities; we have been discussing a solution here, and conceptually it seems plausible. The idea is to have a portable charge wire accessory. It would kind of work like a thin pad that sticks onto Zepto ,plugs into the wall , and charges Zepto. Yes, some may w say that it defeats the purpose of wireless. But this would also open the door to using Zepto while charging! Which I know many people would like, instead of having to wait for it to charge. This way the user is not restricted, but will still have options! Ultimately it's an option we're considering so let us know what you think.

Thank you guys for your input, it's always appreciated.
I think your planned solution makes sense. Especially if it will work with ac, car adapters, and external battery packs.

VapinVentor

Manufacturer
Whilst I enjoy your optimism have you actually run a mock up to try and prove this?
Your battery is going to be tiny in comparison to other devices and I really don't see how this can be possible.
My current conduction device has a 3000mah battery and I can just about eek a days worth of my use out of one. My back up uses a cell and a half.
I suggest you check out your competition and see how long their batteries actually last for.
A lot of companies have suggested some unreal run times which customer usage has shown.
Real time testing is the only way you can prove your this. Do some, prove it and then tell us the actual figures.
If you over hype the battery I can assure you that flak will come your way by the bucket load.
Well optimism is the way to go!:)

Just out of curiosity what kind of vaporizer are you using? Would it possibly be conduction for dry herb?

We will definitely conduct all the testing once when we get the prototype in hand. However, based on our battery capacity ranges (capacity depends on the finalized thickness), we can determine the approximate minimum and maximum life of the battery in number of puffs. Once the testing is complete we will get back to everyone with more concrete information.

We have looked into other micro vapes and I have had a couple of my own.

For example, the micro-G-pen: From my experience using the Micro G-pen (300-350mAh), the battery would last me a while, considering I wouldn't use it really heavily. I would use it for maybe 1-2 sessions per day. So one charge would last me an extended amount of time. Whereas if a heavy/really frequent user was using it, then it may not even last a day or two.

It really just comes down to how heavy the usage is of the vaporizer. So how long the battery lasts is really subjective to the user.

I may not have gotten my thought out in its entirety in the last post. I forgot to include context. Although we do expect Zepto to last several days (depending on frequency of usage), the fact that you wouldn’t need to bring the charger with you is based around the expectation/assumption that the user comes home at the end of the day and sets Zepto down to charge. Similarly enough to the way smart phone users come home at the end of the day and set their phone to charge. With that said, at the very least (at moderate/heavy use), Zepto will last the day until you return home.

On a side note: I have conducted a test on an old micro G-pen battery of mine.

Constants in the experiment-

-The battery was charged (This is an old G-pen battery that does not even have a multi color led indicator of battery life)(Not 100% sure that the battery was fully charged due to issues with the charging connection)(I will redo this experiment with a new battery soon)

-I hold down the power button to activate the coil for the full 10 seconds till the 10 second cut-off

-I do this as many times consecutively till the blue LED flashes 10+ times indicating that it is dead and the coil no longer activates

-Due to activating the coil consecutively for the full 10 seconds straight I added an air pump to control the temperature, and this would also simulate a slow draw.

-Brand new coil

Results-

91 "Draws" at 10 seconds per draw

So there you have it, 91 draws at 10 seconds per draw. I would expect that the battery life was also reduced due to the rapid bombardment (it did not get any rest in between). The device was never meant to run for practically 15 mins straight. If I had not added the air pump to cool it off, it would have began melting. I even felt the battery heating up which is usually a sign of strain on the battery. I would consider this the ultimate stress test of the micro G-pen.

Personally I don’t usually run my vaporizers to the 10 second cut-off. And if I did, it would be on a rare occasion. But I mainly wouldn’t do so because the coil burns the oils and degrades the flavor, which I personally dislike. So I prefer to take shorter more flavorful pulls. Regardless, the flavor degrades over the duration, just slower than if I were to hold it down for 10 seconds straight. This would also explain my experience with a pro-longed battery life. Lets say the user were to make strictly 5-6 second draws, then that would easily get 180 draws and then some, because theres less strain on the battery. I wouldn't be surprised if it got well over 200 draws.

Last edited:
VapinVentor,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I run an Xmax and an Inh05. Both conduction. I can see that oils will probably use less power so my concerns are that when/if you go down the herb route the battery won't last.
Don't get me wrong I sincerely wish you all the best and look forward to watching Zepto's development and future release to the vaporizing public.
If graphene batteries were available then you would be on a winner. The claims made about them look very promising. Wireless charging all looks great and saves you using any more internal space than you have to.

Top Bottom