Zephyr Ion

Neverender

Bruce@Zephyr said:
steiner666 said:
Actually, even though i'm more of a whip+bong sorta guy,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIqYDuwd8oQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyQ3QmjfeEE

It works with a waterpipe as well.
Okay, let me just apologize for my ignorance first, because I have never experienced first hand a vaporizer that has bag/whip functionality, but.... is that how all vapes like that work?

I guess I always just figured that with vapes with whips and bags, it could blow up a bag full of vapor OR you could kind of have it setup somewhat like a SSV or DBV and load a bowl (or "elbow" in the extreme's case) and pull with your lungs and somewhat control the temperature/vapor presence you would get with how slow or fast you were pulling.

From just those two videos, it appeared to me that the Ion's whip function works exactly as filling a bag would, except that instead of the Ion pushing vapor into a bag, it just blows the vapor through a whip and into your mouth or bong.

Again, I guess im just kind of confused... would there even be a difference between the feel of pulling a SSV hit through a whip and the Ion "pushing" its way through the whip?

Thanks - I'm still very very interested in the Ion. :)

Neverender,

lwien

Yup. Seems like a lot of vapor could be wasted between hits if the vape is constantly pushing vapor through the whip.

lwien,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
I honestly expected a little more from you fellas. That is a demo of how it works,.. in order to use it as a direct draw,.. don't turn on the air pump.

Bruce@Zephyr,

lwien

Bruce@Zephyr said:
I honestly expected a little more from you fellas. That is a demo of how it works,.. in order to use it as a direct draw,.. don't turn on the air pump.
And I honestly expected a little more from Zephyr than a ghetto duct taped bong demo. ;)

Some people here didn't know that you could turn off the air pump without turning off the unit, including myself. Guess I'm just a dumbass.

lwien,

Neverender

Bruce@Zephyr said:
Fiiiiiiiiiigured. Just making sure. lol

Neverender,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Bruce@Zephyr said:
And I honestly expected a little more from Zephyr than a ghetto duct taped bong demo. ;)

Some people here didn't know that you could turn off the air pump without turning off the unit, including myself. Guess I'm just a dumbass.
My bad, I thought you knew about the direct draw from previous posts. And that isn't my demo, just one I found and put a link to. I kinda like the tye dye ghetto duct tape,.. seems to work.

*Edit* Looking at how the vapor pours out of that thing, I don't think I would want to use it with the pump on. Like giving yourself a vapor shotgun.... likely to drown ...

Bruce@Zephyr,

Neverender

Well, I finally placed an order for a Zephyr Ion yesterday. I see it being a nice addition to the family. Super stoked about it.

I'll be sure to post my :2c:

Neverender,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Bruce...I saw a while back in this thread that the max temp is 225 C. Is that correct? I'm asking because the E that I learned how to vape on went up to 260 C and sometimes I start at 220 C. For those of us that like to vape our biomass to a dark crispy brown, there is a lot to be had at the higher temps.

And Jeff, finish up those classes so we can have a review!

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
I'm asking because the E that I learned how to vape on went up to 260 C and sometimes I start at 220 C.
But are those true vaping temps, since Arizer did move the heat sensor around a couple more times? 260 (500 F) at the bowl would be above combustion. I would think that a true temp of 225 (same maximum temp as the 'cano) would give you everything vapor could offer and should be just below combustion.

max,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
The Zephyr Ion heats to 226(c) or 440(f) combustion occurs starting at 235(c) /456(f)
Since I am certain that the Zephyr Ions heat controls are accurate to within .5 degrees. I wouldn't want to vape any higher than this.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
0.5F temperature accuracy is very good ... this may have been asked and answered already ... where is the temperature measured relative to the cup that holds the plant material? and do you use a custom designed heat controller, or an off-the-shelf commercial unit?

Hippie Dickie,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Hippie Dickie said:
0.5F temperature accuracy is very good ... this may have been asked and answered already ... where is the temperature measured relative to the cup that holds the plant material? and do you use a custom designed heat controller, or an off-the-shelf commercial unit?
The heat is measured within .5" of the filling chamber. The rest of the information is proprietary...sorry

Bruce@Zephyr,

Derf

Hey Bruce,
what is that USB port on the back for? The web site says it will be used in the future to connect it to your computer so you can remote control it. Is that still being worked on?

Derf,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
That application is being perfected. With the USB port your Zephyr Ion will ( within the next 6 months , god of code willing) be able to be set to come on at a particular time, be texted from a cell phone to come on/off. Great for when you are too lazy to move the 4 feet to turn off your Ion and don't want to wait for the auto shut off feature to kick in.
We are toying with some other ideas but they are not in the lineup just yet.
An iPhone app
Chart your vape usage ( average temp, time left on, basket fills etc)
Use your vape in virtual worlds such as SecondLife
the possibilities are endless. Well maybe not endless but there sure are a lot of 'em

*edit* the code we are working on now, you will also be able to change the temp with your computer.

Bruce@Zephyr,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Bruce@Zephyr said:
...Chart your vape usage ( average temp, time left on, basket fills etc)...

...change the temp with your computer.
This piqued my curiousity.

quomist,

Derf

Bruce@Zephyr said:
We are toying with some other ideas but they are not in the lineup just yet.
An iPhone app
YES! I suppose txt message works too, but an iphone app would be awesome. This could be handy if I send the "on" signal to it when I reach my car in the parking lot at the end of work, so it's ready by the time I get home. Nothing like being efficient time-wise about wasting my afternoon. :lol:

And tracking my usage would be cool. I'd like to see it generate some charts showing daily usage so I can monitor consumption.

Derf,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
This is just stirring the pot but I like it,......
What other applications do you think would be worthwhile?

Bruce@Zephyr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
How about a program that would automatically take you through a progression of vaping a bowl at successively higher temperatures to experience the different effects? Your program could set the temp and blow you a bag at the low level that is just thc. Enjoy that for a while. Then the next bag would be higher with different compounds for different effects. You could have as many progressions as you want with more or less steps depending on how many compounds you wanted in each bag. The user could become a vape temp connoisseur (sp?) and eventually dial it up for just what he wanted (independent of strain differences, of course).

This is either a kick ass idea or I am just really vaked!

stickstones,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
thats cool you can keep track of your usage. I also am diggin the idea of turning it on with a text.... that would be so helpful in so many situations.

DevoTheStrange,

Derf

Bruce@Zephyr said:
This is just stirring the pot but I like it,......
What other applications do you think would be worthwhile?
Functions I'd like from a phone (android/iphone/symbian)
Remote status check (is it on or off)
Remote turn on
Remote turn off
Remote temp adjust

Functions that I'd like from either computer software and/or a phone:
Scheduler : have it set to turn on at 6:55am or whatever for a wake-n-vape
also coupled with being able to set the temp for the schedule
Interface for itunes/winamp/VLC/windows media player : play CD or individual mp3 or playlist when Ion is activated.

Logging: record on time, off time, and calculate duration of use. Then be able to display how many minutes/hours were used over the last day, week, two weeks, month, etc. Maybe even generate a graph of daily usage over the last month.

Adjust active time: you've mentioned there is an auto-off after 1 hour. What if we could adjust this while the ION is plugged into a computer? The computer would recognize when the ION is activated, and adjust the auto-off time to your preset (15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes).

On-screen notification of imminent auto-off, so that if we vape, and then lose track of time, and come back 45 minutes later, the computer will tell us that in 5 or 10 minutes it is shutting down the vape so we can quickly decide if we want to pack another one.

Online networking - tell me how many other Zephyr Ions are connected to computers at the moment, and/or how many other zephyr ions are active at the moment. Something like an online "status".

Side note - although there is a large market of windows computers, it would be great if it also ran on Mac as well. Maybe you can code it in Java so it it can run on any platform (even linux). As for the phone application, I'm all for iphone!

Derf,
Top Bottom