Zephyr Ion

stickstones

Vapor concierge
As a consumer, any defect is unacceptable. But it is also going to happen. So, for me, it's all about what the company does when the inevitable fuck up occurs. It took me five years to get tired of my mechanic screwing up. The reason I kept coming back is he kept fixing his mistakes without charging me again. After sitting down and realizing that half his work wasn't done right the first time, I finally left. But his willingness to always make it right in the end is what kept me coming back for so long.

stickstones,

lwien

Bruce@Zephyr said:
The way I feel about any defects is "BAD BAD NO DEFECT BAD GO TO YOUR ROOM", but it is gonna happen. I believe that when an unexpected problem arises, the way it gets dealt with is a big reflection on the company itself. A negative can be turned into a positive if it is taken care of properly and quickly or it can showcase major flaws with a company. I go for the former.
Totally agree. Your most loyal customers that will provide endless "word of mouth" advertising are those that have experienced problems with your product, get really pissed off about it, become that proverbial "problem customer", and then gets totally turned around through great and empathetic customer service. It really is an opportunity for a company to put the word out there about how great they really are.

lwien,

Clever User name

The eyes have one language everywhere
2010-01-25 09:44:47 pm
JeffK1893
vaporist
Re: Zephyr Ion Contest /Promotion/something free
I am still in shock i got picked lol i am so excited!
Thanks for the contest in general, Bruce. And thanks for the congrats!
I'll be posting a thurough review video within the next month or so biggrin
Jeff
--Iolite--Volcano--Magic Flight (x2)--Vapor Bro's--Zephyr Ion--

Hey Jeff, was wondering how your enjoying the free vaporizer you stole from
us other entrants! hahahaha, no-really,great idea,man! ---i'm working on an entrant for the part 2.Looking forward to your review you promised..... late congratulations to you.

Clever User name,

JeffK1893

Its amazing :D by far my favorite vape and thats with complete honesty! Im sorry i havent done a review yet; i will i promise. It may be a week or two, as school is eating away at my time to myself :(

Thanks again,

Jeff

ps: Im not a thief i swear!! :D

JeffK1893,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Glad to hear you are so happy with it Jeff... Looking forward to hearing your full report once school slows down :D Thanks!!

Lo,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Neverender said:
Are these shipping with the whips yet?
Mid to late February they will ship with the whips. If you already have a Zephyr Ion you will get your whip as a retrograde.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Beezleb

Is it possible to see a photo or video of the whip? I am still sorta working a few concepts for the contest and would love to see a pic of the whip.

Beezleb,

steiner666

Serial vapist
This sounds like a pretty good product, good competition for the extreme-q. A bit pricier, but might well worth it, i have no idea as i've yet to use either. I imagine that if you got down to the same price as the extreme-q you'd get more sales. the only way ppl are going to be willing to pay more for a product with largely the same functionality is if it has substantially better build quality/results (which is of course hard to prove over the net), better warranty (btw think xtremes is 3 years), or maybe if it comes with undeniably cool extras/customizations.

I know i researched my vape purchase for weeks before i finally decided on the one i got (DBV) because of how undeniably sturdy/clean of a design it was, as well as the low price (comparatively). The main things that influenced my decision was how the heating element and air path is visible w/o dis assembly, and there were no (even slightly) questionable materials, so I had no question as to how this thing works and whats inside it and no health concerns for prolonged usage of it(you've learned how adamant ppl get on that topic already lol). That and i know where they're made and who they're made by, where i'd need to send it for repair/replacement and a rough idea how much it would cost to ship it there.

I'm not trying to jack the thread of promote other vapes, just giving my opinion on how to sell vapes better on the internet because I know i would love to have shops nearby where i could just walk in and try out a dozen different vape models and make the decision there and buy it and keep the receipt. when you're selling a product online you gotta work on putting ppls concerns to rest and giving them a lot of media and other proof of quality. Good work thus far on providing answers and info here, i hope i get to try your product some day!

Actually, even though i'm more of a whip+bong sorta guy, i've been giving some thought to buying a vape with bag functionality for parties and such. As i doubt that i'll be wanting to shell out the $ for the volcano, I think I'll be looking at possibly purchasing one of these in the not-so-distant future. :cool:

steiner666,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Wow, that does sound just a little bit like an ad for a couple other vapes.
That is ok, I welcome feedback.(Most of it)
One thing that has not been mentioned but is worthy of pointing out is that Zephyr Vaporizers is a vaporizer company, the Ion is the first of many vapes to come. As a company, innovation is always important, as a vaporizer company innovation is a must. Vaporization is in it's infancy when you compare it to how long combustion has been around. Like the site says "there is no best vaporizer", I can agree. There will ("deity of choice" willing) be many new and ever more efficient vaporizers to come to market. The Zephyr Ion is one. .
Your pointers on sales are much appreciated. If we get to the point where we can make them faster than we can sell them, the price will probably drop some.
A week from this coming Friday we will be at HempCon in LA, then in early March we have the C.H.A.M.P.S. Tradeshow in Las Vegas, followed by Hash Bash in Ann Arbor, MI, followed by International Cannabis and Hemp Expo in San Francisco, followed by the THC Expose in LA, followed by Rocky Mountain Cannabis Convention(ok this one is tentative), followed by The Medical Marijuana and Hemp Expo in Toronto, followed by Seattle Hempfest and the Boston Freedom Rally. I think you will be seeing us around and in local shops soon and for a long while to come.
I have read the last post a couple of times and while I am well vaked (will bump that thread in a minute) I just don't see a question. Is there a question I am missing or something yet to be addressed?

*Edit* There should be a video out-there somewhere of the Zephyr Ion with a whip and waterpipe. From my understanding it works quite well.

Bruce@Zephyr,

max

Out to lunch
steiner666 said:
the only way ppl are going to be willing to pay more for a product with largely the same functionality is if it has substantially better build quality/results (which is of course hard to prove over the net), better warranty (btw think xtremes is 3 years), or maybe if it comes with undeniably cool extras/customizations.
My perception (which may be wrong) is that the Ion is being marketed as Volcano quality at a better price. If price is a priority and you're looking at an Arizer product you can get for $250 or less, maybe the Ion doesn't really tempt you. But a savings of $180 vs. the 'cano (or $300+ with the Digit) is another way to look at it. I have no interest in the Extreme or the Volcano. The Ion, OTOH, I do find interesting. There's a wider audience out there for marketing than you may think.

Arizer's warranty- "Heater has a Lifetime Warranty, Two years Parts and Labour on the Heating Unit."

max,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Bruce@Zephyr; there is one question you could answer for me about the Zephyr. How big (tall)are the numbers on the readout?

thanks

Tom

tdavie,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
tdavie said:
Bruce@Zephyr; there is one question you could answer for me about the Zephyr. How big (tall)are the numbers on the readout?

thanks

Tom
Tom, since you are Canadian I will go with metric ;) The readout is 3.5 cm X 7 cm (roughly 1 3/8" X 2 6/8")
Bright red and blinking when heating and not to temp, bright green solid once proper vape temp has been reached.

max said:
My perception (which may be wrong) is that the Ion is being marketed as Volcano quality at a better price.
I have been trying hard not to market the Ion as a cheap alternative to the Volcano. Overall I try to leave the Volcano out of it. I know the comparison will be made and I accept that. That being said, it isn't part of our marketing plan. My plan is to point out the facts of our unit and to let the end users decide what they prefer based on quality, cost, efficiency and so on.

max said:
There's a wider audience out there for marketing than you may think.
*edit* every little bit helps. I do tend to agree with Max, there is a huge market we are already hitting and more all the time.

Bruce@Zephyr,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Since this seems to be the place, here goes with another question; anyone know the diameter of the hole on the bottom of the Ion mouthpiece? (metric or, uh whatever the other system is called) and how the bags attach to the mouthpiece? Please god not with a latex rubber O ring.

thanks

Tom

tdavie,

max

Out to lunch
I have been trying hard not to market the Ion as a cheap alternative to the Volcano. Overall I try to leave the Volcano out of it. I know the comparison will be made and I accept that. That being said, it isn't part of our marketing plan. My plan is to point out the facts of our unit and to let the end users decide what they prefer based on quality, cost, efficiency and so on.
I admit I haven't really been closely following the thread, and therefore it was probably a boner to guess at marketing strategy. My guess was based on comments I've seen from others I suppose. I salute you for letting your product stand on its own merits. When I see ad copy like "Others use...." on a manufacturer's site, it turns me off completely.

max,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
The bags attach to the mouthpiece with airtight zip-tie system, the mouthpiece attaches to the Ion with a Teflon on Teflon connection. The hole is 1.3cm or 1/2" (diameter not circumference)

I use a 4 foot bag with a nozzle on either end so I can turn on the pump and hit the bag whenever I like. No waiting.
I have been using my bag since August and I vape about an oz of biomass a week. Sure the bag is a lil bit sticky on the inside but it will be all the nicer to harvest. point being, the bags last quite awhile.

oh yes,.. and Thanx Max

Bruce@Zephyr,

Derf

@ Bruce@Zephyr

I'd like to ask a couple of questions about Zephyr, since 1) they seem to be a new company, and 2) unlike some of the products offered in this field, you are an actual company and not a single person. I'm not sure if you've answered these before, so if so please excuse me.

Who is the founder of Zephyr, when was it founded, and how big is the company? Number of employees or number of office locations would be good descriptors. You've mentioned you have a manufacturing plant in China dedicated to your product, right? That seems like a nice asset.

So the Ion is the FIRST vaporizer to come from the Zephyr Vaporizer company... can you make any allusions to what might be in the works or for when the next models will be out? A portable perhaps? Or maybe a simpler version of the Ion without the digital display? Or are you keeping things under wraps until you see how sales of the Ion go?

I really like the Ion, and I agree about your marketing direction. While comparisons will be made to the Digital 'Cano because it is a desk-top unit with digital display, ceramic heating element, and works with bags and whips, I think the comparison stops there. And in reality, many of the vaporizers, especially as this niche market takes off, will probably have overlapping features.

Another question I have... since your website only acts as a distributor, what sort of market penetration do you hope for in 2010? Will there be many more websites selling your Ion, or are you looking to have an exclusive partnership with one, or a small number of sites? Will the Ion only be available online, or will we start to see them in local shops?

On the website you have a section for reviews, but so far there really aren't any reviews. Can we expect to be able to contribute to this area in the future? An aside about the website, reading the text on the "testimonials" page in the black background with green font is a bit of an eye sore. Maybe try putting it into paragraphs, or narrower columns?

Also, do you guys have any conferences you will be attending in New York in the future?

Good luck with HempCon later this month!

Derf,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Derf said:
@ Bruce@Zephyr

I'd like to ask a couple of questions about Zephyr, since 1) they seem to be a new company, and 2) unlike some of the products offered in this field, you are an actual company and not a single person. I'm not sure if you've answered these before, so if so please excuse me.
I love questions, the more specific the better.

Who is the founder of Zephyr, when was it founded, and how big is the company? Number of employees or number of office locations would be good descriptors. You've mentioned you have a manufacturing plant in China dedicated to your product, right? That seems like a nice asset.
Some questions will have to remain unanswered as is the nature of the business. Zephyr was launched @ CHAMPS August 09 with the ION being in the works for 2 years prior. Worldwide we have 4 offices, China being one of them.

So the Ion is the FIRST vaporizer to come from the Zephyr Vaporizer company... can you make any allusions to what might be in the works or for when the next models will be out? A portable perhaps? Or maybe a simpler version of the Ion without the digital display? Or are you keeping things under wraps until you see how sales of the Ion go?
I can tell you portable and other versions are in the works, beyond that I am focusing on the Zephyr Ion.

I really like the Ion, and I agree about your marketing direction. While comparisons will be made to the Digital 'Cano because it is a desk-top unit with digital display, ceramic heating element, and works with bags and whips, I think the comparison stops there. And in reality, many of the vaporizers, especially as this niche market takes off, will probably have overlapping features.
True on the comparisons and overlapping in the niche market. I will leave the comparing of the Zephyr Ion to other vaporizers up to the end users,.. and there is no shortage of folks willing to point out the pros and cons of what they have become accustomed to vs something new.

Another question I have... since your website only acts as a distributor, what sort of market penetration do you hope for in 2010? Will there be many more websites selling your Ion, or are you looking to have an exclusive partnership with one, or a small number of sites? Will the Ion only be available online, or will we start to see them in local shops?
Can't tell you my entire marketing plan. if I gave away my whole plan that wold take all the fun out of it and also be a whole lot like showing you my cards in poker:cool: We will be/are available on plenty of websites and also in plenty of shops.
Obviously our big push is going to start in the 14 states that "need" us.

On the website you have a section for reviews, but so far there really aren't any reviews. Can we expect to be able to contribute to this area in the future? An aside about the website, reading the text on the "testimonials" page in the black background with green font is a bit of an eye sore. Maybe try putting it into paragraphs, or narrower columns?
Yes the website is a continual work in progress. We are in the process of revamping the entire thing. Green on Black can be an eye sore. There will be a forum there as well soon.

Also, do you guys have any conferences you will be attending in New York in the future?
Pretty sure we are going to be @ the Boston Freedom Rally, and I know we are going to be @ The Medical Marijuana and Hemp Expo in Toronto ( neither of them places is too far from New York) looking into the NY Harvest fest,.. if you know of something I am missing, lemme know and perhaps we will come out.

Good luck with HempCon later this month!
Thank you, it should be a blast.

Bruce@Zephyr,

the electrician

Bruce@Zephyr said:
Medical Marijuana and Hemp Expo in Toronto
shit hot, first i heard of this. see you fella, see all of you there fellas

i wouldnt use a fan to hit it from a bong, maybe for a laugh to clear it but otherwise its gonna be too wispy for my manly throat and lungs. both of which recently failed me, bastards

the electrician,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
the electrician said:
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Medical Marijuana and Hemp Expo in Toronto
shit hot, first i heard of this. see you fella, see all of you there fellas

i wouldnt use a fan to hit it from a bong, maybe for a laugh to clear it but otherwise its gonna be too wispy for my manly throat and lungs. both of which recently failed me, bastards
We are actually sponsors of that one. We should have some extra tickets to the event itself. you are on your own for the judging/tasting cruise. 10 spare tickets,.. who wants to go?

Bruce@Zephyr,

Beezleb

I would take a ticket, Toronto is not all that far from me. Been meaning to go to Niagara anyways

Grrr, will have relatives that week.

Beezleb,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
before everyone starts saying how they want to go,.. perhaps look into it a little. I will post a new thread.

Bruce@Zephyr,
Top Bottom