Zephyr Ion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrSupport

Company Rep
The Zephyr Ion is the latest high caliber Vaporizer on the market, after years of development, design, testing, and tuning... we are proud to announce the Zephyr Ion is ready for the public. We will post updates on various topics, tips, tricks and new attachments and accessories. Make no mistake, we take our products very seriously. Our production process is scrutinized and monitored with quality checks to make absolute sure the Ion is a unit we can stand behind 100% and be proud of.

Zephy%20Ion%20Ad.jpg

----------
Previous thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1326

ZephyrSupport,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome to the forum, zephyr!

I'll start the Q&A session. At first glance, this unit looks similar to the herbalaire in shape and delivery. What's the difference between the two units, and how much does yours sell for?

stickstones,

ZephyrSupport

Company Rep
There are several key differences
1. Built in most powerful pump available.
2. Designed not to disassemble but to be handled and used with one hand including loading, reloading, attaching the valve and ingesting can all be done with unbelievable simplicity, you simply don't have to deal with the complexity. You can remove hot bowl pieces via the handle, simple and efficient.
3. Digital temp readout (need I say more)
4. Single piece valve bag delivery system, no leaking bag or putting your thumb over it, just hit the button and enjoy. Your vapor will be ready for you when you want it now or half an hour from now
5. Includes 2 bowls and 2 valves for non-stop replenished vaping.
6. The Zephyr will give you a couple good bags from a normal bowl, very economical, but is equally up to the task to fill up a 10 footer to entertain you and 10-20 of your closest buddies. Having a party? Don't forget the Ion
TIP
7. Do you like sharing? We do!!! When you're using your Zephyr Ion and need to pass the bag, don't get up and walk it over, THROW it, thats right party people this badboy is AIRMOBILE, don't believe me, give it a shot, sweet huh?

I could go on, but as you can see, maybe someone can do one or 2 things, but we do amazing

The Zephyr Ion currently retails for $360, and can be found at Amazon.com and Vapenow.com

ZephyrSupport,

Frickr

what sort of materials is the cold air, coming into the unit, as it passes through the heater and into the bag will the air be subject to coming into contact with?

Frickr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Frickr said:
what sort of materials is the cold air, coming into the unit, as it passes through the heater and into the bag will the air be subject to coming into contact with?
Yes! An airpath description, please!

If I were you guys, I would be pimping the valve system, since the volcano is the only other unit on the market that I am aware of to have this.

Do you recommend grinding the bud first?

How much of this unit is glass/fragile?

ZephyrSupport said:
There are several key differences to the Herbal Aire, (we would like to call them superior, but thats opinion heh heh).
1. Built in most powerful pump available. HA you have to assemble a mini chemistry set.
2. Designed not to disassemble but to be handled and used with one hand including loading, reloading, attaching the valve and taking a "hit" can all be done with unbelievable simplicity, you simply don't have to deal with the ridiculous complexity of HA, weird cannister containing strange parts and accessories. You can't even remove the crucible from the HA without bending the metal and tweezers.
I realize that I opened up the comparison to the HA discussion, but we prefer to keep things factual and less sensational, especially in the vape specific thread. If it sounds like spam or hype, it will die pretty quickly around here.

stickstones,

lwien

stickstones said:
If it sounds like spam or hype, it will die pretty quickly around here.
Yup. Glad you mentioned this SS. I was thinkin' the exact same thing. Let the Zephyr stand on it's own without the sales pitches. And yeah, I know that's REALLY hard to do if you're a sales/marketing manager or a principle of the company, but as stickstones said, it works better that way around here. Lots of people here own multiple vapes, many of whom own the HA. No need to bring into question their purchasing decision while promoting your own product.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Since we have no user feedback on this unit yet, and my friend has one, here is what he says:

"Im a fan of the Ion. It's replaced my Volcano on the coffee table mainly do to the fact that it's so easy to operate while having all the features and more of a 'Cano."

I'm eager for some forum user feedback.

stickstones,

lwien

stickstones said:
On the Ion?
Check link above. It's VapeWorlds review.

"There is a noticeable amount of leakage from the top of the valve where the balloon attaches only when you're filling up the bag and especially when its the first bag and the vapor is thick and visual. The leakage is not coming from the valve, stem, or lid but the way the actual bag is fastened onto the valve with a zip tie."

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks, lwien...I'm all caught up now!

I was under the impression this was going to become the official page since it was started by the manufacturer, but that other thread is getting more action!

I also thought the software was unecessary if the unit heats up in seconds.

I'm surprised whips are not included in the package. They should be.

stickstones,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
3. Digital temp readout (need I say more)
just a little more ... what point of the vapor path is being measured? and how does that relate to the heat of the air passing through the bud?

Hippie Dickie,

StickyShisha2

i've been using one at my friends house for a few weeks. If i didn't already own a volcano, i would buy this.

StickyShisha2,

tophfisher

I've owned one for about a month, really love it. I too get a bit of leakage when filling.

Had great results with a wide range of temps.

I find fine grinding really makes the bag have a strong KICK to it. But grinding is not necessary I suppose.

tophfisher,

ZephyrSupport

Company Rep
The Zephyr Ion was engineered with 32 separate heat and air channels, the air NEVER comes into contact with the heating element, it was designed to provide ultra-clean pure tasting vapor with no residual contact with internal vaporizer parts. The channels have been designed for optimized air flow for perfectly even vaporization in every bowl with efficiency.

The leaking some people are experiencing is the result of the zip-tie not being tight enough from the factory, when replacing your bags make sure to tightly secure your ties. Additionally there is a rubber seal on the lid that secures to the bowl, making sure that piece is also secure in place should solve 99% of leaking problems. The minor leak that is left is barely noticeable (one of your seals is not properly seated or not tight enough) and not greater in volume than normal occasional leakage from the $500-$700 units.

Grinding your herb for use in the Ion will prove to be the most effective way to vaporize.

ZephyrSupport,

lwien

ZephyrSupport said:
The Zephyr Ion was engineered with 32 separate heat and air channels, the air NEVER comes into contact with the heating element, it was designed to provide ultra-clean pure tasting vapor with no residual contact with internal vaporizer parts. The channels have been designed for optimized air flow to perfectly vaporize every bowl evenly and efficiently.

The leaking some people are experiencing is the result of the zip-tie not being tight enough from the factory, when replacing your bags make sure to tightly secure your ties. Additionally there is a rubber seal on the lid that secures to the bowl, making sure that piece is also secure in place should solve 99% of leaking problems. The minor leak that is left is barely noticeable and not greater in volume than normal leakage from the $500-$700 units.

Grinding your herb for use in the Ion will prove to be the most affective way to vaporize.
Perfectly vaporize every bowl? Normal leakage?

Like I previously suggested, it would be wise to stay away from the sales pitches, and just explain how your unit works.

Ya see, I don't think ANY vaporizer will "perfectly" vaporize "every" bowl, nor do I think that any leakage is "normal".

Gotta be careful, Zephyr. Credibility is really important, especially when you're introducing a new product to market.

lwien,

vape4health

Sorry if I come off as a dick , but this realy sounds like a sale's pitch , I mean I know it is but it reads like something I would find on a non-FC site .

I have a question , how did you test the $500-$700 unit to measure the amount of leakage , same question for the Ion .

vape4health,

ZephyrSupport

Company Rep
The Expensive unit was tested side by side with the Ion, It was a normal use unit approximately 2 years old, when the valve unit was attached and the pump was turned on, there was a similar leak from the valve components that appears in the Ion, occasionally only. There simply is not enough leaking to warrant concern or failure, it seems to be a part of the process for the bag delivery system, the leaking was always a result of a part being out of place or loose; when we attach a whip to the straw there are no issues whatsoever.

We truly have honest pride in our unit, that is why we issued the challenge, if your Vaporizer is better, we are game to see it in action. We are always looking to improve our service and over all customer experience.

We are also open to suggestions for improvement, after our own frustrations at limitations with available units, we were driven to produce the best Vaporizer we could dream up. That being said please continue to let us know how we stack up.

ZephyrSupport,

Konrad_Zuse

ZephyrSupport said:
The Expensive unit was tested side by side with the Ion, It was a normal use unit approximately 2 years old, when the valve unit was attached and the pump was turned on, there was a similar leak from the valve components that appears in the Ion, occasionally only. There simply is not enough leaking to warrant concern or failure, it seems to be a part of the process for the bag delivery system, the leaking was always a result of a part being out of place or loose; when we attach a whip to the straw there are no issues whatsoever.

We truly have honest pride in our unit, that is why we issued the challenge, if your Vaporizer is better, we are game to see it in action. We are always looking to improve our service and over all customer experience.

We are also open to suggestions for improvement, after our own frustrations at limitations with available units, we were driven to produce the best Vaporizer we could dream up. That being said please continue to let us know how we stack up.
Not trying to be a "dick" but an honest question. If you wanted to produce "best Vaporizer we could dream up" how come it's just a bag based system, and not both whip and bag?

Konrad_Zuse,

Frickr

Konrad_Zuse said:
ZephyrSupport said:

Not trying to be a "dick" but an honest question. If you wanted to produce "best Vaporizer we could dream up" how come it's just a bag based system, and not both whip and bag?
from what i gather from everything, this vape can be used with a whip.

back to my original question, could you eleborate on the materials in the airpath? the responce i read from you while explained the air didnt touch the heating element, didnt say what the air flows throw. is it glass, stainless, plastic, ceramic or what? i know this is a major question concerning vaporists. and is also one of the major decsiding factors when choosing a vape.

fuckcombustion is a place with very high standards when it comes to vapes, the members here are all enthusiests whom all want the best and safest vaping experience possible. if you can pass our excruciating questions, your company should have no problems in the future. i remember reading the PD thread and at first people were defensive about toms product when he first joined the sight. were a tough crowd to please here.

Frickr,

Konrad_Zuse

Frickr said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
ZephyrSupport said:

from what i gather from everything, this vape can be used with a whip.

back to my original question, could you eleborate on the materials in the airpath? the responce i read from you while explained the air didnt touch the heating element, didnt say what the air flows throw. is it glass, stainless, plastic, ceramic or what? i know this is a major question concerning vaporists. and is also one of the major decsiding factors when choosing a vape.

fuckcombustion is a place with very high standards when it comes to vapes, the members here are all enthusiests whom all want the best and safest vaping experience possible. if you can pass our excruciating questions, your company should have no problems in the future. i remember reading the PD thread and at first people were defensive about toms product when he first joined the sight. were a tough crowd to please here.
Where does it say that? It comes with a "bag/valve" system, that's all, it doesn't come with a whip. What whip would we attach? We would have to make our own? That's like saying "I turned my cano into a whip vape."

Konrad_Zuse,

Frickr

i think it was on vapenow.com's review online, or in the other zephyr thread. i cant recall where i seen it at, i just remember one company talking about maybe offering a bit of hose so it could be used as a whip vape.

Frickr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapechris attached a ssv whip to it and it worked. My guess is that the attachments that are up for grabs in the vid contest will be whip centered. But I am surprised that there is no standard whip attachment included. There are way more whip based vapes on the market than bag, so why leave that out of the standard package?

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'll repost something here to try to keep this thread clean:

I feel the need to reiterate some things from the rules.

1 -- Vape MANUFACTURERS are encouraged to come to the forum to start an offical thread for their vapes. They benefit from exposure as well as vapor community feedback, while the community benefits from a better understanding of vaporizers and vaporization.

2 -- Vape DISTRUBUTORS or RESELLERS are welcome to post specials and promotions here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=171. They are also encouraged to mingle with the community and post and comment as a normal vaporizer user. However, tread lightly. Resellers have been called out for only talking up vapes that they sell and bashing those they don't, and it ain't pretty. Behaviour like that could result in a ban.

stickstones,

Konrad_Zuse

stickstones said:
vapechris attached a ssv whip to it and it worked. My guess is that the attachments that are up for grabs in the vid contest will be whip centered. But I am surprised that there is no standard whip attachment included. There are way more whip based vapes on the market than bag, so why leave that out of the standard package?
Yea, that's what I'm asking :). Also, I believe people here are trying to find the best bang for their buck. I know that when I look for something to buy, I look for these major key points.

1. Price: What can I get for the best price that does everything the other units do?
2. Functionality: What does mine do that is better than the other units in the same price range?
3. Ability: How good is this product compared to others?

Basically when I search, and I know others as well, we try to find the best for what we pay for.

So what I think we want to know is what will sell your product to us? What is better about it than the volcano, or any other bag vape?

All you seem to say was that it doesn't leak like the others, but apparently there was reported leakage. How efficient is yours? Does yours allow us to get more out of our herb?

Konrad_Zuse,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom