zephyr ion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapealotabud

Definitely did.. I had the booth behind them at the CHAMPS CONVENTION IN VEGAS THIS YR... AFTER PARTY HELD BY ZEPHYR ION AT MANDALAY BAY. The vape worked really well.

The buds out in Vegas were serious nugzz... Mostly medicinal.

IMG_1568.jpg

Mod note: Posts merged. Please use the edit button.

Vapealotabud,

Mark

John Brown
See that little edit button down there at the bottom right of your post? Just wondering. :cool:

Mark,

max

Out to lunch
I'm sure it's a good unit, but I'd only be tempted if I was in love with the Volcano Digit and was short the $269 difference in price. I don't like their ad copy either. Seems to be saying (without naming names) that you don't need to spend the bucks on a 'cano (which is a good point), and anything less expensive than the Zephyr is dangerous and doesn't work well. Nothing on the Vaporstore page about warranty length either. If it provided direct draw as well as bag fill, and still had the $300 price, then it would be interesting competition for the Extreme and herbalAire.

max,

stinkmeaner

I wonder if resins would build up inside the device since the herb chamber is inside, I like the separate bowl design of the Volcano better since you can those are the only pieces you have to worry about cleaning.

Looks about the same as the Herbal Aire in design but with an internal air pump and a digital display.

stinkmeaner,

max

Out to lunch
It does kinda look like a cross between the herbalAire and Digit.

max,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
their website is lame (as in broken) ... who can't get that right these days?

Hippie Dickie,

stinkmeaner

Hippie Dickie said:
their website is lame (as in broken) ... who can't get that right these days?
Agreed. It says on the Error Page of their website that you can build your site for 1 cent and from the looks of it, thats all they spent.

stinkmeaner,

max

Out to lunch
I think their site has been abandoned. Either that, or it's temporarily down and they don't know how to put up an 'out of order' sign.

max,

Beezleb

It reminds me of alarm clock meets herbalaire.

If I was in the market for a bag vape I would probably be more interested in the Extreme and Herbalaire until this vape is better known or some merit. At this point in time, it would seem like a big leap of faith but hopefully we can get some better information than a faulty website.

I dont see where they comment on a specific reason for their claims of quality outside of vague and/or generic references to health and safety of materials and the like.

I hope its legit, we need more quality vaporizer options.

Beezleb,

stinkmeaner

I wonder where it is really made, seems like they would have a better website if they really had the technical capacity to make this vaporizer inhouse with the level of equipment they would need to manufacture such a product ie injections molding for the housing, custom electronic controls, metal workig for the crucible. etc

I'm thinking they contract out the work to a major factory somewhere, probably overseas.

stinkmeaner,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
The phone number goes straigt to a voice mail. I've sent an email to them to see if they have any customer service.

highendvapes,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
yeah, but Vaporstore says "Out Of Stock" ... i'm still trying to figure out the business model they're using ... maybe trying to build up demand with an elusive product.

Hippie Dickie,

VapeNow

Vapor Enthusiast
Retailer
Looks like they are rebuilding their site. It's been changing all day.

VapeNow,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
I got an email back from them.

"Thanks for your message. The Zephyr Ion is still very new -- we launched at CHAMPS Summer 2009 this past August. Consequently, we are still working on somethings, like our website. It should be pretty much done within the next week, please bear with us as we get it up. We've been a little bit overwhelmed by the very positive reception the Ion received at CHAMPS. We've begun wholesaling the Ion to stores and distributors on a limited basis as we are still trying to catch up with demand."

They are currently only wholesaleing these to brick and mortor stores right now.

highendvapes,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
I really dont get the USB. That seems like quite a waste of money when you take into account the 2 1/2 minute warmup time. I could see it if it took like a half an hour, but really I can wait 2 minutes. How much do you think adding that feature upped the price of this vape?

highendvapes,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
USB is probably built into the computer chip they used, so just the USB socket, maybe $0.50

i think i'd prefer WiFi over USB.

Hippie Dickie,

gak hater

what the hell is he thinking???:rolleyes:
bashing well known and highly reviewed competitors
isn't gonna win him any friends :lol:

gak hater,

max

Out to lunch
They are currently only wholesaleing these to brick and mortor stores right now.
Vaporstore's the only on-line dealer selling it so far. Since the Extreme "does not even work", I imagine they're expecting to sell a lot of 'em. :lol:

Their strategy is obvious. Try to scare people into thinking the Zephyr is the only safe, quality alternative to the Volcano. :rolleyes:

"Zephyr Vaporizers is a company run by vapor enthusiasts for vapor enthusiasts. Zephyr Vaporizers was founded to address the absence of a high-quality, balloon-style aromatherapy vaporizer on the market that is at once efficient, user-friendly, and reasonable priced. The goal of our first model is to design and manufacture a vaporizer in the $300-$400 dollar price range that incorporates the highest quality components (and therefore produces the densest and healthiest vapor) along with a simple user interface to facilitate ease of use.

Too many inexpensive vaporizer models either rely on cheap components that can lace your vapor with potentially dangerous toxins or make the user learn a complex, inefficient set of controls. Such designs also rarely generate satisfactory vapor because they do not achieve the precision of temperature control needed for efficient vaporization."

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom