Zephyr Ion vs Extreme-Q vs HerbAire? I want balloon-optional vape.

Klikster

As the title suggests, I'm in the market for a Vaporizer and I'm researching but I'd like some input from vape owners. I've used Volcano's at the Vancouver Vapour Lounge and I'd personally like having the option of using balloon bags (I don't know what they're called..) when I've got friends over and such.

I was originally looking at the Zephyr Ion, found a link to the thread on this forum and then learned of the Extreme-Q, I haven't heard anything about the HerbAire other than reading it's name though, and I'm royally confused what direction to go in so I posted here for veteran vape guidance. :)

Also I wouldn't mind some recommendations for where to purchase online, I might end up buying one of the vapes in-store as the smoke-shops in Vancity seem to have most types of vaporizers.

As I go over this one more time for some unknown reason, would you suggest the Zephyr or Extreme-Q? The majority of the time I'll be using it with 3+ people so I'll be filling up the bags, but I read that the Zephyr doesn't actually come with a hose (although numerous tubes can be used on it) and that the bowl on it is rather large which could potentially seem wasteful for 1-2 people (Found of VapeWorlds review, Design/Ease of Use section) and I've yet to find much out about the Extreme.

Generally I'm a person who doesn't smoke/blaze/vape by themselves but I'm also a person who isn't fond of the idea of wasting herb.. sorry for my ramblings as well, just very confused as to which direction to move forward in. I WANT A VAPE ALREADY!!

Klikster,

lwien

A few things.

Zephyr is not currently shipping product as they have some issues with US customs to work out, so that leaves Zephyr out of the equation.

From those that have used the various bag-type vapes on the market, it seems to be a universal opinion that the HerbalAire is the most efficient out of all of them.

lwien,

Klikster

lwien said:
A few things.

Zephyr is not currently shipping product as they have some issues with US customes to work out, so that leaves Zephyr out of the equation.

From those that have used the various bag-type vapes on the market, it seems to be a universal opinion that the HerbalAire is the most efficient out of all of them.
I'm able to get a Zephyr shipped to me right now regardless of that customs thing, so would that change your opinion? I don't really feel I'll be using 'direct draw' very much so the bag will be used the majority of the time.

Klikster,

lwien

Considering Zephyr's current state of affairs and considering that you implied that efficiency is important to you, the HA seems to be the best choice here.

lwien,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
out of those I've just tried the herbalAire, but I am pretty satisfied with it. less breakable parts than the extreme q, i think less cash, pump is easily replaceable, add on for multiple bags if you want.

Those are some of the reasons i went for the herbalAire instead.

The herbalAire seems to do really good at wringing every last bit out, raising the temp will be a little harsher and less tasty though. But i usually choose to vape to a higher temp in the herbalAire than my Buddha because I think going that high in the buddha can risk scorching and bad taste.

I had been just using the herbalAire for bags, but somebody here recommended trying it with a bong and that seems to do pretty good as well. gave the herbalAire a new lease on life for me.

also there's a thread on recommended retailers on the forum, forum discounts even.

rabblerouser,

Klikster

Canarka said:
I think you should get an Extreme Q. It will do your bag filling no problem and if you ever wish you have the option of using the whip.

Also, it's a Canadian product so you can support that too :)
How is the Extreme-Q for cleaning? I'm somewhat lazy, so the less effort required to clean generally the better. If at all possible I could just throw the herb chamber in a vat of ISO that would be more than ideal.

rabblerouser said:
out of those I've just tried the herbalAire, but I am pretty satisfied with it. less breakable parts than the extreme q, i think less cash, pump is easily replaceable, add on for multiple bags if you want.
Same question, different vape. How is the herbalAire for cleaning? (And what do you have to do to clean it?)

Also thank you very much to everyone for all the super helpful feedback / advice! :)

Klikster,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I actually haven't had to do tons of cleaning on the herbalAire, the smaller teflon piece gets a bit crudded up, but the most i've done is scrape the little bit of buildup out a few times.

I think the teflon pieces can go right into isopropyl alcohol.

rabblerouser,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Klikster said:
How is the Extreme-Q for cleaning? I'm somewhat lazy, so the less effort required to clean generally the better. If at all possible I could just throw the herb chamber in a vat of ISO that would be more than ideal.

I have found the Q to be fairly easy to clean. I just put the cyclone bowl and elbow (screens left in) in a glass of ISO for an hour or so, and they come out like new. I do this about every month or two and it seems to do the trick nicely.

Stu,

OO

Technical Skeptical
rabblerouser said:
I actually haven't had to do tons of cleaning on the herbalAire, the smaller teflon piece gets a bit crudded up, but the most i've done is scrape the little bit of buildup out a few times.

I think the teflon pieces can go right into isopropyl alcohol.
i put all the teflon parts in the test tube that they come in and clean them with IA in that.

the oil that comes off of the teflon is worth saving.

OO,
Top Bottom