Zenfold's I-Inhale Review

If you like merge this with one of the other reviews.

Intro
If you are unsure of what this little device is you should go to www.iinhale.com (remove link if im breaking rules please mods)
The device is basically a hand held gas powered vaporiser. i have had the i-inhale for around 4 weeks now but his is my initial review, I hope you enjoy it . I will update this in a few days with a follow up review.

In The Box.
So the package arrives and I rip it open with glee and gay abandon. After I sift through my freebies from the vendor I move on to the bubble wrapped package. The first thing I noticed was how light the package was! The box is well designed and made of good strong cardboard. On opening the box I looked at the little plastic walkie - talkie and thought is that it? Picked it up and again i was amazed at how light it was, looking at it I must admit that 149.99 seamed a little steep for what appeared to be a giant plastic turbo lighter! Being the geeky bod that I am I went for the manual, there is a quick start guide which shows you what to do in pictures and an excellent, clear and understandable manual that teaches you everything you need to know in about 10 pages and is written in the most popular European languages.
After that I sifted through the box to see what else I got with it. You get a nice carry case, good spongy lining to protect the unit and a little pouch to store your accessories or herbs. You also get 2 pipe cleaners 2 spare screens, a "poker", 2 mouth piece extenders and a maintenance tool for unscrewing bits for cleaning.

The First Use
All reviews I read said take out the moisture condenser if you have dry herbs so I did.
Following the manual, I fill up the unit with gas, it says a 10 second charge should be all it needs, I always have trouble refilling my lighters, this was no different, I gave it 3 ten second burst till gas came pouring out and on to my hands! Note to self 10 seconds is enough! Time to load it! The bowl is directly under the mouth piece, so you need to turn the unit upside down give the tube a slight tug and the whole section comes away from the main unit. The bowl takes 0.5g of material, to start with I put in about the same amount as I would put in a joint. Clipped everything back together and slid the on off switch to the "on" position, the unit makes a hiss and gas floods the chamber for the heating element, I hit the igniting switch and the little unit starts to roar like turbo lighter and you can see a little orange glow through the case. At this point I could smell butane which I thought was a big problem! I don't want to be inhaling that! But once the first warm up cycle is completed and the unit is no longer flooding the chamber there is no more butane smell. After one heating cycle I take a slow long pull. First thing I notice is that the air is pretty warm, so I add one of the extenders to the mouth piece, that cools it down quite a bit, the unit has a thermostat in it so when the temp drops it automatically kicks back in, the hiss and roar starts again as it warms the bowl back up, the unit claims to be to temperature in 90 seconds, I would say its more like 3 or 4 heating cycles. I pulled on this for about 5 mins, I really like the flavour, its like pulling on a pure joint before its lit! The i-inhale produces decent vapour with some light "smoke", the lack of a burn and no cloud of smoke are quite hard to adjust to after being a joint smoker for 14 years! After the taste started to die down and the vapour was becoming less dense I decided to give the bowl a little stir with the "poker", I could see a few green specks of herb that had not been vaped, so I mixed it all up good and put the bowl back in for another few mins. Be careful when doing this as the bowl gets very hot and could burn you! After about 10 mins of use the unit was a little more than warm, the outside couldn't burn you but it would keep your hands warm in winter!!!! Once I thought the herb had been fully vaped I switched off the unit and put it down..30 seconds later I hear it firing up again! It did this 3 or 4 times before it finally stopped, reading the manual again this is fine and is the system flushing the last of the butane out of the i-inhale.

The High
Its a lot slower to smoke than a joint or bong, as a result the high never hits the same peak as combusting but it lasts a lot longer, the high is more heady and less body. After finishing my first bowl I wasn't where I wanted to be, I wasn't as stoned as I would of liked, I put the TV on, it felt like I blinked and then an hour had passed. so it does work, its just not what I was expecting!

Further Use
So I've been vaping all weekend, playing with the unit. I still cant fill it up properly, I just don't trust its full till the gas spills out onto my hand! Its keeping very clean, as vaped bud is quite crispy so it takes just a tap or two to get it out. There is only butane smell on the first charge, no smell of plastic or any other nasty's. I did try packing the bowl with a full half gram to see how well it would work, after quite a while vaping and several attempts at mixing the bowl about there were still quite a few green bits in there, I think its best to stay below the 0.3g mark as it seams to be more efficient. The second night I used the i-inhale I tried two bowls quite soon after one another, I must admit I was really quite wasted! I was round a mates and he passed me a J, after two tokes, I gave it back to him and had a little sugar! As I was starting to feel too stoned!

Conclusion
The unit is tiny and light, it can fit into a pocket with out any trouble. one charge of gas is enough to do a good 5 bowls. The tools and accessories it comes with are excellent - well thought out and useful. The ability to be able to gethigh in any room in the house with out it stinking is amazing, it stops me stinking too, no nasty breath and no nasty residual smell on my clothes. which is nice as well. You could take this out to any venue and get away with using it and no one would know what you were doing!!!!
On the down side, the unit feels a bit cheap and flimsy, it is all plastic. You have no idea how full the gas chamber is and it doesn't appear to be 100% efficient, there are little flecks of green through out a spent bowl, It is a bit annoying how it has to purge the gas chamber, so it can't easily be turned off, and you need to then leave it to cool down. The upside down bowl means you will forget and pour your crispy bud on your self!! (i think ive done this about 5 times now!)

All in all i'm very happy with this, my lungs feel better after just a weekend of use! I feel 150 is a little too much for it though, my 3 mates I have shown it to all said 100 was a fair price before I told them how much it actually costs.

If you read all that. Well done!!!
Any questions, feel free.

Zenfold,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Welcome to the forum and great review!! Pretty much the same way I feel about my i-inhale

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
I feel 150 is a little too much for it though, my 3 mates I have shown it to all said 100 was a fair price before I told them how much it actually costs.
Nice review. I think $50 is more than fair, but hey, that's the vape business. :lol: We can't get it in the US for less than $200. :/

max,
max said:
I feel 150 is a little too much for it though, my 3 mates I have shown it to all said 100 was a fair price before I told them how much it actually costs.
Nice review. I think $50 is more than fair, but hey, that's the vape business. :lol: We can't get it in the US for less than $200. :/
Opps i missed the signs off!
Its always the way you guys in the US get everything a little cheaper....your a bigger market and you earn a bit less for the same jobs.

PS3 store gets my goat, you guys get every thing a month before we do and at the same price in $ as we pay in :(

Zenfold,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Nice review! The i-inhale seems like a legit vape. I still wonder about how long the units will last. Keep us posted on your use of the device. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
SpiralArchitect said:
Nice review! The i-inhale seems like a legit vape. I still wonder about how long the units will last. Keep us posted on your use of the device. :)
yup, im waiting to see if this unit proves itsself durability wise too, it promises to be a great portable if so, but its a bit early to really know whats up with it

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Well we can all thank the early adopters for giving us that luxury. :tup:

Thanks for the writeup, Zen.

vtac,
Thanks guys and gals. I?m glad I could be of some help.

I Have now had the I-Inhale for 6 weeks, Its my first and only Vape, so here is a little follow up review.
I have a 14 year smoking habit to break so I?m still a 50/50 Vape and smoke at the mo. Mainly after a beer or two my drunkenness wants to smoke!

Now I love my i-inhale it is a very clever piece of kit, but it is not without its draw backs??

The Bad
I still cant fill the blighter up properly, this may be because of the gas I?m using, it?s the standard Ronson gas in a yellow can with red writing. It fills up my lighters fine, but half the time when I try and fill the II nothing happens, take it out and put it back in and it stars flowing??I always end up over flowing it because I don?t trust if its being filled with gas. If you do over fill it I personally think the excess butane gets onto some of the workings, as it will have to be left for 5 mins before it will spark up. My second complaint is the vapour does get a bit hot. I really need to make a DIY whip (has any one measured the gauge of the mouth piece?) if you load up the bowl or do two half bowls after each other the vape gets really hot round the mouth piece, so hot in fact its almost too hot to take the chamber out and stir the bowl.
Its seams inconsistent too ?.this is totally subjective as many things change a high, but I swear some times I get higher than others! Last Friday I had a cheeky one before heading to our local for a pint, by the time i got there I could feel I was properly vaked! Not in a bad joint monged way thought, in a hyper rambling stoned insanity kinda way, I was the life and sole of the party!!!

The Good
This gets me properly stoned using less herb than combusting, fits in your pocket, gas lasts for a long time and is fantastically stealthy while being much more healthy than smoking! Need I say any more?

Tips and Tweaks
I think that the herb does work better and produce thicker vapour if you grind it up till its as fine as your grinder can get it. I?ve Also been getting more vapour from rotating and taping the unit as I inhale?..creating a washing machine like effect! When I first got the unit I would suck from the very first heating cycle now I leave it a good two or three cycles before taking my first pull.

What Next
I really should clean the II, I?m seeing a build up of resin in the mouth piece, it looks like melting keif, like when you press hash and put it in the oven at a low heat to bind the crystals. I was just going to take it apart and put the dirty bits in ISO, evap and smoke / vape what?s left behind, ISO wont damage the plastic will it?

Build
As far as I can tell the unit is working as well as the first day I took it out the box. Its soft case is keeping it scratch free. My only fear is the valve on the refill nozzle will just give up like they can do with a lighter.

I?m still very happy with my purchase?..but I?m more taken with vapour than I thought I would be, now I want a home unit!!!

Hope this helps,
Zen

Zenfold,

Ben

Thank you Zen for your "renewed review" ... I see things as you do for the valve on the refill nozzle :/ .

I've noticed that my unit was sometimes hard to fill when hot. (But not always :rolleyes: ).
And it seems usually easier when the unit is cold. ( Is it, to some point, related physically to gas inflating with rising temperature? I don't know).

Au revoir :cool:

Ben,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
V - Thanks for the writeup, Zen. Well we can all thank the early adopters for giving us that luxury :tup:
:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :D
This is definitely one that interests me ;) .

Zen, Have you tried to e-mail anyone at I.I. to see if they have any insight into issues you have been facing (filling/over-filling butane, cleaning, etc.). I'm curious what insight they have to offer and if/how/when they will respond to an e-mail from someone who already spent money on their product and is not currently looking to purchase any extra accessories :cool:.

PS: TO ALL, NO CONSPIRACY THEORIES PLEASE (flying away for a funeral--I'll check in when I can :/ )

Progress,
Progress said:
Zen, Have you tried to e-mail anyone at I.I. to see if they have any insight into issues you have been facing (filling/over-filling butane, cleaning, etc.). I'm curious what insight they have to offer and if/how/when they will respond to an e-mail from someone who already spent money on their product and is not currently looking to purchase any extra accessories :cool:.
I'm glad my follow up is helpful to you guys.
No i have not mailed the people at I.I. to see if they can/will shed any light on my issues. I'll try and get my backside in gear and fire off a mail to them this week and see if anything comes back. :)

Zenfold,

Ben

Zenfold said:
(...)
No i have not mailed the people at I.I. to see if they can/will shed any light on my issues. I'll try and get my backside in gear and fire off a mail to them this week and see if anything comes back. :)
Hi Zenfold,

when you'll write this email to I.I, could you add the question I was asking on another topic ( topic #46 and topic #50 on the Clear-dome I-Inhale Review thread here : http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=319 ) about this weird translation of the" heat pin" in the french pages of the manual.

I'm really curious about that point.

thank you in advance Zen! :peace:

Ben,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
OK guys. First off thank you for your generous review of the I-I. Very nice. Anyways. The butane thing frustrated me at first until I figured it out. It basically spurts out for one of two reasons. 1 it's full or 2 you did not line the nozzle right on the connector. I tend to leave my I-I until I run out of gas which usually takes about 4-5 bowls. Once I think it's pretty much done I get the maintenance tool and press the connector in to let out any left over gas which is very tiny spurt of air that comes out by this time. I then get the butane (I use Vector 5x refined) and fill it while listening to the sound as it fills. You will then hear what sounds like it's filling to the very top then starts to squirt. I usually listen to the sound where it sounds like it's just about full and right before it first squirts out and stop. All this takes about 5-6 seconds. FYI everyone. They say 10 seconds, but trust me. It's more like 5-6 seconds.

buddhaholic420,
Top Bottom