1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

YouTube shutting down Cannabis related channels

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by YaMon, Apr 18, 2018.

1. analytika

analytika Well-Known Member

Obama moved control of ICANN overseas, permitting international governmental organizations to seize control of the Internet's root servers and domains without US citizens having any recourse under the first amendment, which protected us until the Obama sellout.

Baron23, hibeam, grokit and 1 other person like this.
  2. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

No offense, but you are dreaming. 95% plus of searches on the internet are done through google. Other SEs exist, but are hardly used. I used duckduckgo for a while because I didn't like google's tracking behavior, until I found that they were way less efficient than G and often didn't even find what I was looking for. I have tried Bing and found the same. Google virtually owns internet search. I love my amazon devices, but when I ask Alexa a question I get MUCH poorer results than if I ask Google. Google is the 800 lb gorilla and that is unlikely to change unless Google gets abused by the govt in some antitrust action...
    The US doesn't own the internet, and there is no reason why they/we should be allowed to control it.

3. grokit

grokit well-worn member

hibeam, RUDE BOY, LesPlenty and 2 others like this.
  4. hibeam

hibeam alpha +

[​IMG] My first venture in the 90's beyond gov't controlled internet. What an education that was!

RUDE BOY and Andorinter like this.
  5. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

6. analytika

You'll still get cited, ticketed and required to appear in court, for the same charge, under the policy.

San Francisco took a more interesting course: downgrading marijuana enforcement to the "lowest law enforcement priority", in the law written in exactly those words.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    hibeam and looney2nz like this.
  7. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

Another 20 to 30 years it will happen in Australia too, we always copy the US....after a long wait, fucking sheep politics here.

8. LayKool

LayKool Member

I heard DiBlasio on WNYC talking about he's not on board with legalization because companies may target minors with their products. WTF? In a place where they already legally sell alcohol and tobacco in every store?

Summer likes this.
  9. analytika

• Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member. Warning point issued.
    I was just notified that my posts (highly rated by readers btw) have been deleted because YOU CAN'T TALK POLITICS in the "CANNABIS ACTIVISM" thread (!)

Because I point out that there are good things Trump had done for cannabis vaporents, and bad done by Obama? (Alongside thousands of f* sessions! threads).

Or was it pointing out that Obama turned over control of the internet root servers and domains to international organizations whose influential members include countries that not only ban cannabis speech but torture and execute cannabis users?

Just wow.

So FC goes full YouTube.

I'm not going to waste my time.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  10. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

The sub-forum is about cannabis activism, so discussing politics in that context is fair if the discussion relates to the topic. That wasn't what you were doing. You claimed that "Obama turned over control of the internet root servers and domains to international organizations whose influential members include countries that not only ban cannabis speech but torture and execute cannabis users". That last bit is an attempt to appear to be on topic, but it failed because you weren't trying to discuss the behaviour of these unnamed countries, which would still be off-topic anyway.

This thread is not about control of the internet or about mysterious countries that persecute cannabis users, it's about Youtube shutting down the cannabis channels. If anyone wants to refute your claims about ICANN and Obama (a trivial exercise for anyone with Google) please take it to the Lounge, because that topic has nothing at all to do with cannabis activism.

Baron23, duff, VCBud and 5 others like this.
  11. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

:doh::rofl: btw TIL- 3 post likes means your highly rated

duff and Ramahs like this.
  12. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Zing!

13. seaofgreens

seaofgreens My Mind Is Free

So now it looks like Youtube restored a lot or most of the weedtube channels! (For now.)

14. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Same as in Germany

invertedisdead likes this.
  15. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

Just checked to see if Vapefiend have been resurrected but no. They told me they were appealing the decision and I know they were always very clear about using legal herbs only in all of their videos, never once gesturing or even hinting towards cannabis use.

16. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

420vapezone, neither. :(

seaofgreens, LesPlenty and Alexis like this.
  17. invertedisdead

invertedisdead FC-OG

Vape Fiend and his "Spanish hemp" :D

18. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

Yeah but he was practically a cannabis junky! :lol: Which personally I dont like to see. Its kind of like just stuffing and stuffing food to show how invincible one is. It takes something so special and undermines it IMO. Cant find the expression for my feelings, but it doesnt make me feel good to see such wasteful over the top vaping.

Its like having a good time on an E, really content with your buzz and the guy with you is just necking them in 3's and 4's and making out like its nothing, rather than entering into and cherishing the sacred experience with you. If that makes any sense?

Just didnt like the feeling it gave me watching those deliberately excessive vaping clips, also heavily undermining the great devices as well.

Btw I dont take E's these days, not for many a year now.

Hogni and seaofgreens like this.
  19. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I am afraid I must be a waster too, I quite often get as smashed as Troy seems to do and like Troy it is usually very late at night medicating, getting ready for bed, like me now.:haw:

seaofgreens and Alexis like this.
  20. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

Yes dont mistake me, Im not at all against hardcore medication for the reasons and with fitful purpose. But you aren't trying to make a point of blowing through herb like it's nothing for the sheer sake of it, and not for the world to see either.
    I support your heavy medicating in full. To each his own, we find our own path, needs and limits.
    Sleep well my friend.:)

LesPlenty and seaofgreens like this.
  21. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Stick with the 1st 9-1/2 min, it's interesting:

Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Whisper and Hogni like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors