Your top 10 films of 2009 so far are............?

lwien

I'll start:

Hurt Locker
Precious
Up
The Cove
District 9
Drag Me to Hell
Inglorious Basterds
Up in the Air
The Brothers Bloom
The White Ribbon

Kind of eclectic, but I'm kinda the same way with music.

lwien,

Cr8z13

I'm more of a TV person, but I really enjoyed Inglorious Basterds and Star Trek this year.

Cr8z13,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Where the Wild Things Are, Star Trek, Inglorious Bastards, District 9, Monsters Vs Aliens, Zombieland, The Moon
thats all i saw this year, didn't really wanna see much of anything else... however did wanna see brothers bloom, but missed that one

Hollywood is running out of variety in the stuff they are bringing too the table.

DevoTheStrange,

hopandstop

In no order, and more than 10 but:

- By The People: The Election of Barack Obama (got invited to a pre-screening for this. The elation was palpable. Great film.)
- Inglorious Basterds
- Drag Me To Hell
- Precious
- District 9
- Paranormal Activity
- Extract (a bit of a letdown, but still, it's Mike Judge)
- Up
- The Men Who Stare At Goats
- The Hangover
- Bruno
- Trick 'r Treat
- Zombieland (one of the funner films of the year)
- A Serious Man
- The Cover
- A Christmas Carol (I enjoyed the darker direction, much closer to the book, but it was not the best adaptation)

hopandstop,

lwien

Love lists like this. Gets me to update my Netflix queue, after running it through Rottentomatoes.

lwien,

FEAR420

Law Abiding Citizen - one of the best Ive seen in a long time!!!

District 9
ZombieLand
Gamer
Inglorious Basterds

Those are the only ones I can honestly recommend to anybody to see this year. The rest either havent done it for me,or I just havent seen them yet.

FEAR420,

lwien

Saw a trailer for a movie whose premise is that most everyone had copies of themselves doing things that they normally wouldn't do. What was the name of that movie, and was it any good?

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Surrogates with Bruce Willis, saw that with my gf, its ok... stereotypical sci-fi, was easy too guess the plot. Its worth one watch... but I wouldn't watch it more than that.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Thanks Devo. Damn, great concept. Too bad that they didn't pull it off well.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah, it was originally a comic... The movie became a bare bones version compared too the comic. Too much visuals, not enough plot development. Could have been an awesome movie

DevoTheStrange,

vape4health

Oh man I watched District 9 last night , holy shit , I'm not sure if it was the brownies or if that movies was really that wild .

vape4health,

MileHigh

spoiler alert

Inglourious Basterds...... ? What? I mean it had some good scenes but.... I mean....... What happened? They killed Hitler? And Himmler? And Goebbels? Granted I was quite drunk when I saw it, but I think I was following it well enough...

MileHigh,

MileHigh

By the way, for me the movie that was by far the best of the year hasn't been said yet, probably because it was way back in January, and that movie was Taken. Although it was not a great movie in terms of making a point or creating dramatic character interaction or anything, it was still very well written, acted, filmed and directed. Besides, that movie was so fucking badass. And, on top of that, even people who don't like action movies, including women, still like it and can believe in the hero of the movie because the father-daughter relationship is well done and provides motivation for even a squeamish audience to root for Liam Neeson to kill each kidnapping sex trafficker more violently than the last.

MileHigh,

lwien

Yeah, I heard District 9 is great. I gottsta see it. Blu-Ray on order with Netfix.

lwien,

lwien

MileHigh said:
Netflix? I prefer interNet :|
InterNet? Like what we're on? Man, where can I get 1080p along with the new loseless audio codecs like Dolby True-HD or DTS-HD on the Internet? Didn't know it existed. Seems like it would take a ton of bandwidth to get it.

lwien,

MileHigh

Yeah the files are enormous but I get like 1.2 megabytes/sec so I queue up a few of those at night and they are usually ready the next day. Just search torrent sites or IRC servers, you can find pretty much anything. Usually audio quality suffers a bit, but I don't really about that. An HDMI cable and AppleTV remote and I've got blu-rays at my fingertips.

MileHigh,

Tritonz

Here is my list in no order.

Worlds Greatest Dad
Trailer Park Boys-Countdown To Liquor Day (Watch the show first if you haven't)
The Hurt Locker
Drag Me To Hell
Inglorious Basterds(saw this in theaters not really impressed watched it on blu-ray at home more than once AMAZING!!!)
Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day
Zombieland
Moon
District 9
It Might Get Loud

I try to watch at least 1 movie a day

Tritonz,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
I didn't see that many new movies in 2009 but of the ones I saw, I really liked these:

Star Trek
Up
Inglorious Basterds

Biggest disappointment at the theater:
Nine - This one had a lot of potential, and it starts off really great, but then it peters out about half way through.

MoeOnTheMoon,
Top Bottom