• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Your ratio for ABV & butter

lepstadder

As i just posted in a previous thread

The Samuel jackson recipe calls for 10 grams per stick of butter
that makes 1.25 grams per tablespoon of butter,
IMO that is way to much butter for me to consume
The ratio i uses is at least 40 grams if not 2 whole ounces of abv per stick of butter
With 40 grams of ABV per stick each tablespoon would contain 5 grams
Personally i dont like sweets, or eating a ton of butter, so i make it as strong as i can so i dint have to get diabetes to get high

So going on 10G per stick most brownie recipes call for 1/2 a stick for a 9x9 pan which would make about 9 brownies

That half stick would only contain 5 grams spread out between 9 brownies making each brownie contiain just over a half a gram.

for some people that may do the trick but for me i must eat much more ABV than food to make it enjoyable and not get full from sweets

What ratio do you use and what recipe to you prefer???? does not ahve to be just butter, how much glycerin per ABV, how much Alcohol per ABV, how much oil??????

please lemme know folks i am very interested in what yall have to say on the matter

PS-my next project will be abv milk, making a whole gallon using at least 32grams to make 2 grams per 8ounce serving of ice cream

Dont forget if using you stuff for a recipe consider the amount of servings and the size of the servings in relation to the amount of ABV placed in each serving....

okay i am done now

Thanks for the input hope to hear back

lepstadder,

djonkoman

my last thing was abv-chocolate
used about 40-60 grams of ABV(and also a few buds and 2 hands of trim, but that didn't weigh much)
and 2 or a little under 2 sticks of butter
made 12 bars of chocolate out of it and most of my friends needed half or less then half a bar to get really stoned(I sold the bars to make money to buy a new vape)
for myself however half a bar didn't cut it, I noticed some mild effects but it wason the edge, one mment I thought I was getting high but it never broke trough

djonkoman,

Tuck

When dealing with abv, I try to go for 1g doses, whether it's cookies, brownies, or tincture. I'm saving up now for a tincture. My holy grail is an abv tincture that doesn't taste like warm ass. So far, I have not had great success. I have better success, taste-wise, with baked goods.

Tuck,

Nosferatu

I would use canola oil. Much healthier and it solves the problem of eating too much butter. Also just as good an extractor if not better IMO. I used 16 grams of ABV with 1/2 cup of oil for a great batch of brownies(also you can substitute oil instead of butter for most recipes) and 1 brownie had my decent tolerance vaporist friend thinking he was dying. And me I was tripping too. Made about 10 of these powerful brownies with that amount of medium vaped herb. SO you can guage it from there, not to mention I could have fit twice the amount of bud in same amount of oil.

Heres a recipe if you wanna try this(yeah I know its mine.. :brow: )

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=5375

Nosferatu,
Reactions: rcflo

lepstadder

Thanks for the response djonkoman, pretty much what i was looking for

I also try and shoot for at least 1g per dose

I have used other types of oil, including coconut oil which is fun to work with

I was just curious as to basically the amount needed for people here to get buzzed from ABV

I have the same issue my buddies and gf gets ripped off a small amount of edible but i used to have to give myself a stomach ache eating so much before getting medicated

but now i just up the ratio of abv to oil butter whatever

lepstadder,

gobbly

Something I do to up the potency of butter is to use water and butter (oil works fine too, but is harder to separate from the water).

The water means you can put in a lot more ground up matter in. Boil the water, butter/oil, and ground weed all together for 20-30 min. The THC and other non-polar's will bind with the fats/oils and the carbon and other undesirable stuff will settle out into the water. Run it all through a cheesecloth to remove the ground matter. If using oil, you can get devices to siphon off the oil layer at the top (let it sit for 10 min to separate properly), or if using butter, put it in the fridge overnight and you can just peel off the (now) separated butter layer. Using this method I have been able to get as much as 140g of herb (not reburn) into 1 stick of butter (and ended up with a batch of brownies that might as well have been sleeping pills, d'oh).

on a side note, I have 3 friends who's wives/gf's don't allow them to eat my edibles anymore, they say I make them too strong :(

CutePanda

@ Gobbly: I might have to try your method as I like the idea of cramming 140g of herb into 1 stick of butter! Butter sounds like a better idea than brownies which I have made once with ABV using the recipe on FC. By boil you don't mean simmer right? Just want to clarify because when I made brownies, I simmered the oil and ABV for 1 hour on low heat with a few little bubbles popping up at the surface every so often.

CutePanda,
Reactions: walrus

lepstadder

5 oz per stick damn, thats 20 grams of abv per tablespoon

Sounds like good medicine

lepstadder,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Lepstadder, i have no set ratio, just what i happen to have around when i want/need edibles. it rarely goes beyond 20- 30 g abv, never fresh. I vape pretty thoroughly now so i need at least 2-3 abv g for any effect.
I prefer butter as my fat medium if i will be baking with the results.
everclear for tinctures, iso for evaporation because everclear is 30$ (and about to go up) for a big bottle (thank you Maryland!) and the iso i get evaporates cleanly and thoroughly in the dehydrator and is 3$ for a quart.

One thing that is consistent is that I do try and minimize the amount of stuff i need to ingest in order to get the actives.
maybe three candies or a reasonably sized brownie, but i can only take it so far without being grossed out by the taste and or texture.

Tuck, good luck with that whole no warm ass thing - i don't know if it's possible there always seems to be some remnant of it, maybe water cure it then tincture it? watercuring took out the funk when i made abv brownies...

WOW Gobbly 140g PER STICK that is INSANE :o :o :o!
I can see why your edibles have been banned :cool: i can only imagine...

it's often been questioned around here just exactly what point butter becomes saturated with goodness and cannot absorb any more. this reference point may be helpful :ko: mind boggling, :o but helpful :lol:

I would think the only other way to get butter to take in that much goodness would be to make a concentrate of some type and then incorporate it into the warm butter.

nice thread lepstadder :)

herbgirl,

MacRadish

1 quart Ball jar, approx 130 grams ABV, per two sticks butter. One stick makes about 18 cookies from a box of these:
3_Pack_Cookie_Mi_4d5c1c1a48276.png

which I can find in my local Big Lots for $2 a box, all natural, nothing needed but the (canna)butter.

They are quite powerful.

MacRadish,

Tuck

I don't accumulate abv very fast, so I don't try to cram as much as I can into a tbs of butter. Instead, I will hunt for a recipe that will make x items, where x= the amount of abv I have in grams. For instance I had about 30g in april that I used to make 32 cookies using the recipe off the back of a package of nestle tollhouse peanut butter and chocolate chips. It used 2 sticks of butter. I'm back up to 5g now but I only accumulate about 1g a week. And I'm not above buying schwag for edibles.

If I had 120g of abv, I would divvy it up for multiple recipes, but that's me. 1-2g of abv gets me where I want to be. And I only have so much freezer space. it just seems easier to keep as abv. Or perhaps a tincture.

And I've been trying to figure out the right amount of 160 Prrof Everclear (legal limit in my area) to use for my next ABV tincture. I would like to end up with 1ml = .5g . And I was thinking about starting with 2-3oz to 4g. But now I'm intrigued by herbgirl's alcohol tincture from an (evaporated) iso extraction. This sounds like a great idea for controlling dosage. I would love to hear more about this method.

I'm also intrigued by this glycerin method but I have no experience with this. I know I'll end up trying it at some point when I get more abv.

Tuck,

2000pm

I do ~2oz of ABV to 14fl oz of coconut oil. Then use the oil as needed per recipe. Coconut oil>butter, if only for not having to worry about the other gunk in it without having to clarify, but it also has more fat and saturates better. Tastes pretty neutral and has worked 100% as a butter substitute in any recipe I've done so far, which is mainly baked goods or chocolate.

Of course none of this really matters, since everyone has different degrees to which they vape their original stuff, and how potent that is initially is also going to be the deciding factor.

2000pm,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Tuck, it couldn't be easier! i just make a quick tincture with **a cleanly evaporating **91% iso then pour it in my trusty 9x9 pyrex pan then evaporate it down for an hour or so to a goo in my excalibur dehydrator. then i scrape it off and reconstitute it by stirring butter into the goo to get it good and mixed. i call it goobutter :) works great for controlling doses in small amounts. you could probably also pop all the goo in a capsule and eat it straight if you want to go to outer space one day.

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
put some on a plate and let it evaporate. if it leaves no residue, you are good. most iso (at least around here) does not appear to have stuff added to it unless it's the wintergreen type.

herbgirl,

gobbly

CutePanda said:
@ Gobbly: I might have to try your method as I like the idea of cramming 140g of herb into 1 stick of butter! Butter sounds like a better idea than brownies which I have made once with ABV using the recipe on FC. By boil you don't mean simmer right? Just want to clarify because when I made brownies, I simmered the oil and ABV for 1 hour on low heat with a few little bubbles popping up at the surface every so often.

With the water you boil it. Oil will heat past the vape point and you will lose what you want that's left in it. Part of the beauty of the water is that it maintains a specific temp. Anything that exceeds that boiling point will turn to steam and leave the pot :) Boiling water is basically temp stable.

gobbly,

gobbly

herbgirl said:
WOW Gobbly 140g PER STICK that is INSANE :o :o :o!
I can see why your edibles have been banned :cool: i can only imagine...

it's often been questioned around here just exactly what point butter becomes saturated with goodness and cannot absorb any more. this reference point may be helpful :ko: mind boggling, :o but helpful :lol:

I don't claim that all I put in there was absorbed in the oil. And butter itself has different things in it and I'm really not sure on all of it. when I do this I end up with a layer of pure oil on the top that stays liquid, and a layer of what I believe are milkfats just under that that remain relatively solid when cooled. I can peel off the milkfat layer and preserve the oil layer as well and that's what I use to bake with. The recipe calls for a stick and after this process I only had 2/3 of a stick worth, so I put in 1/3 of a stick of regular butter to get to the 1/2 cup the recipe wanted. I can say they were really strong. I cut it into 1" squares, and I would eat 1/4-1/2 of one, unless I wanted to pass out, in which case I ate one. I gave one to a friend. His Gf ate what they both say was like a crumb, and she has never been so high in her life, he ate the whole thing, and neither of them felt they could drive home after their hike (this is when she banned my eddibles). I know they were strong as hell, I don't know that they were efficient :) This wasn't ABV'd though, it was mostly shake and small buds.

I don't really make them that strong anymore, it's really hard to get a proper dose when it's that concentrated and 9 times out of 10 you end up eating way more than you wanted to. But say you end up with a lot of ABV, like 5oz's, and wanted to make butter to store, it's a great method to concentrate and store. You could just mix it down like 1:10 or something with non-special butter when it comes time to use it :)

gobbly,

CutePanda

@ Gobbly: You is the man! I am definitely going to try your method when I have an oz of ABV.

CutePanda,

Benny Lava

Kenner
I use 1 oz (28 g) of ABV on 0,5 lb (250 g) of butter.

I started out with 0,5 oz; but 1 oz seems to do the trick.

Benny Lava,
Reactions: Zufi Raj

SoCalShore

Hey Paxers!

Got a question that is a bit off topic. I decided to cook my abv into some butter for some cookies. It smells a little weird and came out very dark. It's sitting, filtered and cooling, waiting for the morning to make the cookies. Is this normal? This is my first attempt to make some edibles. Any help or advice is well appreciated. Had to so something with all that abv.

Hope you all had a great holiday season!

Mods, I just found the cooking forum with bunches of info about the butter. Bump me if need be. I want to add, I didn't cook my butter with water, it was just abv and butter...maybe that is why it came out so dark...but maybe not. I'm not sure if I should throw it away.

mod note: Above post merged from wrong forum

Hello Cookers! So, I looked at the Samuel Jackson way and read the thread and I have decided that my efforts are not totally to waste. I put the hardened budder in a pot with water, melted it, and now it's back in the fridge separating. I will do that a couple times and then make the cookies. Next time definitely going to cook the mutherfuckin budder.

SoCalShore,

SoCalShore

Well, I finished the cookies with my twice washed budder and I am so glad I took the extra day to do so. I would think that if you are ever in question about your budder you should at least wash it once if not twice.

Thanks to this thread and the direction of the mods for placing me here, the cookies came out great! I do know that they came out somewhat weaker than the Samuel L Jackson budder because I did have to add a bit of pure butter to my batch but I will have to say that the taste of the cookies are fantastic.

Have a great New Year! Cook on!

SoCalShore,
Top Bottom