Your opinion on long draws?

daoist

Small hits, big hits, just do what you like. just do what you can handle and feel comfortable with and what feels natural to you. Slow draws are always better, then fast draws. Slower long draws are much more smooth. Not only with vaping, but also with bong hits etc. Slow definately is the key for quality vape, also more smooth on the throat. Also holding in vape for a long time is also not needed. you can just inhale and exhale right away. I only hold it for long when the vape is perfectly smooth, just to maximize the joy and the smoothness of a perfect big hit without coughing. A bong is a nice tool for that. but 99% of the time i just exhale right away and it hits me just as hard as holding it in for few seconds.

But there is more to it. There may be a couple of things you can consider to improve the vape experience (or allow you to have bigger hits without problems):

Step 1). Store your herbs at 62% humidity with boveda humidity packs. You always get a nice moist vape, smooth on the throat without irritation. After almost all of the terpenes have been evaporized the vape will feel dryer on your mouth. You still can vape more, but it will be a bit lesser quality vape.

Step 2) Know your vaporizers sweetspot How much can your vaporizer hold?. My extreme Q performs best at around 0,4 gram fairly coarse grinded herb (space case 4 piece grinder). If i put more in it, or less, it just just not perform as well.

Step 3) know your grind size. which grinder has the best grind size for your vaporizer.

Step 4) know your dose. And by "know your dose", i mean you test it. the high can be different, also the density of the vape will be different.

Step 5). buy a bubbler or bong. this will smooth the vape even more. i can definately recommend having one, although i am not sure which would be the best to buy.

But start with proper storage and 62% humidity packs. your throat will thank you and it only cost you less than 2 dollar/euro. for me boveda packs is the best vape upgrade i ever did. cheapest as well. i tried 55% integra packs but i did not like it because it felt to dry for my throat.
grind size and optimum dosage really depends on your vaporizer.

Of course the quality of the herb is also important, but i did not think i even have to explain that.

Last edited:
daoist,
Reactions: Zander

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Small hits, big hits, just do what you like. just do what you can handle and feel comfortable with and what feels natural to you. Slow draws are always better, then fast draws. Slower long draws are much more smooth. Not only with vaping, but also with bong hits etc. Slow definately is the key for quality vape, also more smooth on the throat. Also holding in vape for a long time is also not needed. you can just inhale and exhale right away. I only hold it for long when the vape is perfectly smooth, just to maximize the joy and the smoothness of a perfect big hit without coughing. A bong is a nice tool for that. but 99% of the time i just exhale right away and it hits me just as hard as holding it in for few seconds.

But there is more to it. There may be a couple of things you can consider to improve the vape experience (or allow you to have bigger hits without problems):

Step 1). Store your herbs at 62% humidity with boveda humidity packs. You always get a nice moist vape, smooth on the throat without irritation. After almost all of the terpenes have been evaporized the vape will feel dryer on your mouth. You still can vape more, but it will be a bit lesser quality vape.

Step 2) Know your vaporizers sweetspot How much can your vaporizer hold?. My extreme Q performs best at around 0,4 gram fairly coarse grinded herb (space case 4 piece grinder). If i put more in it, or less, it just just not perform as well.

Step 3) know your grind size. which grinder has the best grind size for your vaporizer.

Step 4) know your dose. And by "know your dose", i mean you test it. the high can be different, also the density of the vape will be different.

Step 5). buy a bubbler or bong. this will smooth the vape even more. i can definately recommend having one, although i am not sure which would be the best to buy.

But start with proper storage and 62% humidity packs. your throat will thank you and it only cost you less than 2 dollar/euro. for me boveda packs is the best vape upgrade i ever did. cheapest as well. i tried 55% integra packs but i did not like it because it felt to dry for my throat.
grind size and optimum dosage really depends on your vaporizer.

Of course the quality of the herb is also important, but i did not think i even have to explain that.

I agree with almost everything you said.

I'd add to your "Step 5" that it's best to have multiple different types of glass pieces. A small bubble, a medium size one, and a large size, and maybe even more than one of each sizes with different types of percolators/builds. Each will provide a different experience, and you will be in the mood for different experiences on different days. It's nice to have the variety. It's nice to be able to change-up the experience once in a while.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Zander

daoist

yesterday i filled up the bong a few times with vape. 1 long slow draw to fill the bong chamber with vape.
quickly exhale, then on the second draw just lift the whip from the bong and clear it in one inhale. smooth and big clouds. i keep it at 195 celsius.

i definately can notice the percolators smooth everything out. The high is a bit more clear headed than with direct draws from a bag, but it is much smoother. I really don't know too much about bubblers and bongs.
which glass pieces would you recommend?

I like my bong for smoothness, but it filters out the flavours. So i know it is not perfect, but you can get big smooth hits with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom