1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

You cant trust concentrates these days

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by pressure, Apr 26, 2017.

1. jules172

jules172 Active Member

For the 710 Kingpen carts I have, they recommended 3.2 to 3.6 MAX. I keep it on 3.4. I looked at the swan but didn't like the sticker design on the sides. I got a MigVapor Herb-E OVP. Similar function, a little sleeker, more affordable.

https://www.migvapor.com/vaporizers/wax-dab-vape-pens/ovp-battery-for-pre-filled-510-cartridges

2. pressure

pressure Active Member

I got to try to more vapes, and im a little new with the lingo so bear with me.

My friend had THE CLEAR. Its a banana flavor and it hits very nice in my cheap Chinese CBD pen Ihe used

I also got a brand called BRASS KNUCKLES, I heard they were one of the best.I got SVO OG and I got tohoe OG

the SVO was way to tick and I needed a push button pen to use it, but the tahoe works in my other pen

I had some actual real SVO OG bud from cali.

well the clear is pretty good its like taking a mini dab in a pen, but it taste like banana chemicals. Is this a strain of weed banana> I remember blue berries from the 1990s is banana some new strain? or is it added chemical "terps"

the brass knuckles i wasnt impressed with. I dont know I cant see spending $60 a gram on that, the weed is better, smoked or in a vape.

3. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

The Clear has "franchised" their operations outside of California. In Colorado, they are made by a company called Mahatma, who had a prior rep for being caught with banned pesticides in their product. I cannot any longer recommend The Clear products.

@pressure -- No, they use reintroduced terps.
    As for those Brassknuckle carts....you may want to reconsider using them as well.

BRASS KNUCKLES FAILS LAB TEST! Why We Test Cannabis.

4. pressure

pressure Active Member

do you have another link? I tried to go to the link but my no script pluggin wont let me see it

I checked SC labs and they looked legit

https://client.sclabs.com/client/4098/?view=clientgrid&client_ids=4098

I did notice the muscle spams again when I tried the oils.

I have noticed some oils give me these spasms in my left arm.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Silver420Surfer likes this.
  5. Silver420Surfer

@pressure --Heres the article text.

"The Vape and Concentrate company Brass Knuckles has been getting slammed these last few days after their recent lab tests became public. This is a hit to both Brass Knuckles and the company that previously tested them SC Labs. Brass Knuckles isn't the only company doing this as we wrote in our previous article.

Lab tested cannabis products have become a norm in the industry. Most dispensaries will not even consider you unless you have the lab results available. Since cannabis is still illegal federally, there is no government regulation on lab testing, so certain testing sites are not as reliable as others.

Thankfully, there are labs that will put big name brands on blast when they provide shit products. As we have found out, 93% of cannabis products are pesticide ridden. A big company that just got blasted was Brass Knuckles. The internet is literally losing their minds right now over this test.

Below are the results:

[​IMG]

Let’s break down what these pesticides are, and what damage this Brass Knuckles Product can do to you.

[​IMG]

• Bifenazate: The EPA has labeled this product for non-food use and stated that this should be only used in small doses. The EPA has not even tested it for human toxicity since it SHOULD NOT be used in excessive levels.

[​IMG]

• Imazalil: Honestly, what’s not toxic about this product? Here’s the gist. It has high toxicity as:
      • PAN Bad Actor Chemical

• Carcinogen

• Developmental or Reproductive Toxin

[​IMG]

• Myclobutanil: Commonly found in Eagle 20 Fungicidal Pesticide. This is not even approved in the US with tobacco products... Workers exposed to this have reported these symptoms:
      • Skin Rash

• Allergic Dermatitis

• Itchiness

• Nausea

• Headache

• Diarrhea

• Abdominal Pain

• Vomiting

• Nosebleed

• Eye Irritation
    Chronic toxicity tests on rats found Decreased Body, Brain & Spleen Weight. Once this product is introduced to the plant, you cannot get rid of it until multiple generations of clones later.

[​IMG]

• Permethrin: This insecticide can do major damage. If Inhaled, these are the effects:
      • Irritation in Nose & Lungs

• Difficulty Breathing

• Headaches

• Dizziness

• Nausea and Vomiting
    [​IMG]

• Tebuconazole: Probably the worst of them all. Although this Fungicide is approved by the US, it’s Cancer Classification is labeled as Group C, which is a Possible Human Carcinogen. The hazards are:
      • FATAL IF INHALED

• SUSPECTED OF CAUSING CANCER

• SUSPECTED OF DAMAGING FERTILITY OR UNBORN CHILD

• MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO ORGANS
    These Failed Tests need to be blasted. People’s lives, well-being and trust are at stake. Actions like this hurt the industry as a whole and need to be taken seriously. There are plenty of reports of users getting sent to the hospital because of these horridly harmful pesticides. This is why we need legalization. We NEED regulation on these companies, so our community can feel safe with every hit they take. Share this article and spread the word!"

6. pressure

pressure Active Member

what about the weed we vape? Are we also smoking cancer causing chemicals?

Silver420Surfer likes this.
  7. Hippie Dickie

Hippie Dickie The Herbal Cube Manufacturer

if the chems are in the concentrate, they are in the weed - at least that's my assumption.

as always, know your chemist, or in this case, know your farmer.

herbivore21 and Silver420Surfer like this.
  8. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

Holy shit man! Whilst I'm not sure where the details on chemicals from that article came from, even the manufacturer MSDS' provided with Tebuconazole highlight that if this fungicide is exposed to fire, it releases hydrogen chloride and other toxic gases. That is some diabolical shit to get into a final product for heating and inhalation!

This is one example of why I advocate learning to make one's own medicine and wherever possible, recommend testing bud prior to extracting from it. Cannabis is not dangerous, but that counts for nothing if people deliberately put toxic compounds onto it or get sloppy with their method.

Yes, pesticides are applied to the plant while it is growing, not during the extraction process. This can be a concern for all cannabis products.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  9. Silver420Surfer

The sooner California adopts and puts in place, it's regulations for new cannabis laws, the better(and healthier) it will be for the consumer. Colorado is not perfect by any stretch, regarding canna- regulations, but they do have many controls in place to protect the public. And I feel they are getting better all the time.

93% of California products failed testing...UNACCEPTABLE and should give everyone some insight into how little the majority of that state's market cares for its patients/consumers. SHAME.

On the bright side, it has to get better out there soon cause it can't get much worse than now.
    All those little wooks acting like Chalice Festival was so boss...Yea...not so much lol

Gn0sis likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors