Yoga?

Seren

Away with the fairies
Do you do it? What benefits have you truly seen from it? Is it hard to learn by yourself? I've been thinking about trying it but I'm not sure where to start, not really in to the whole yoga studio or class thing..

I dip into Dru Yoga now and then. It increases flexibility, and improves muscle tone and core stability. It always leaves me feeling really good afterwards - refreshed, positive and deeply relaxed. I don't go to classes - the instructional vids are great - very easy to follow. Just make sure you get yourself a decent mat to work on - one with good grip. A yoga belt also comes in handy for some sequences/postures.

Dru Yoga works with Asanas (postures), Pranayama (breath work), Mudras (hand gestures), relaxation and meditation. It's a graceful form of yoga, based on flowing movements, directed breathing and visualisation. It's kind of like a hybrid of yoga and tai chi. It works on body, mind and spirit. It's designed to be practised by people of all abilities, fitness levels and ages. Research has shown that this particular type of yoga helps resolve lower back pain.

There are classes available worldwide - but there are also a series of DVDs available, or you can alternatively sign up for online sessions. The guided meditation DVD is particularly awesome, especially if you're new to meditation.

Here's their WEBSITE - there's actually an offer for a 2 months free trial of online sessions available at the moment.

Here's their YouTube channel for a little taste of Dru.

Example of a Dru Meditation:

An activation/warm up session:

Some yoga sequences:

:peace:

Last edited:

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess
Yoga's been part of my routine for a few years now, I do some form of it daily. I don't do anything too hardcore, I prefer my yoga to be more restorative and meditative. It helps me deal with my depression and anxiety disorders, it really helps with the soreness after my harder workouts and it's an exercise on its own. I consider it strength training for my body and mind.

I've always done my yoga at home via youtube. I tend to stick with the Yoga With Adriene I really enjoyed her 30 days of Yoga series. There's a good mix of stuff on her channel so I can get nice and sweaty when I want to and keep it chill when I want to.

Yoga's gone to a whole new level since I started doing it after vaping, but you might want to avoid that at first until you get a sense of how your body reacts to yoga. You don't want to hurt yourself when you're just learning the poses. Once you do get a little familiar with it, then you can try vaping and then the magic really happens, lol. :mmmm:

Ugh, now I'm so ready to hit the mat, but I have to do my run first.

Anyway, there's tons of videos and instructors on Youtube. You can start with something easy to get into like a nightly yoga wind-down or if you already do another workout, try yoga for cooldowns like the Yoga for Runners sequence I'mma be doing in an hour. :whip:;pd;

Can't wait to try some of the others people suggest!

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Since five years I follow yoga classes (hatha yoga) once a week and I practice at home too when I need it. You don't have to wait too long to see some improvements in your condition. As @Seren says
It increases flexibility, and improves muscle tone and core stability. It always leaves me feeling really good afterwards - refreshed, positive and deeply relaxed.
and I totally agree with her.
I like the sensation after the class and the big grin on my face.
For me it's a special moment in the rush of the week, where you are connected to yourself, where you authorize yourself not to think: that's really good to be free from all the thought who are running in your head all the day... Connect yourself to the breath, that's really good!

clukx

Thank you so much for all the helpful replies I will definitely look into it I'm looking to manage stress and anxiety and help to manage my anger all while getting fit is a plus for sure

Top Bottom