Yocan UNI - Universal Portable Box Mod

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Hey, kind of a fun 'feature' I stumbled on last night. I was enjoying it 'in the dark' and realized the 3 green LEDs above the button are focused. That is, unlike normal indicators they put out a narrow beam rather than more diffuse light in all directions. I'd noticed this in bright light, it's very easy to see. Neat.

But in the dark, that narrow beam lights up your vapor exhale very nicely! Hold it a foot or two in front of you, shine it 'sideways' across the expected vapor and enjoy the show......

OK, it's more fun on the last hits than the first, but it's still fun. And the ability to see them well in bright light is welcome.

Mine is on it's third recharge, or is it fourth?

This one, I think, is going to be a winner even if you never use cartridges from other makers.

OF

I’ll have to test this out tonight while I medicate in bed.

Vicki,
Reactions: OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Only place they're available (yet) is direct from the maker, see post #6 in this thread.

OF

Yes, I got mine directly from Yocan to test and review.

On a side note, I’m laying in bed, trying out what you said. Very trippy! :)

Vicki,

OF

On a side note, I’m laying in bed, trying out what you said. Very trippy! :)

Sure is, but be careful not to tell anyone........

Kind of brings 'the little kid' out in you.....never a bad thing?

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vicki

OF

Hey, I just confirmed something I thought I'd noticed before: This sucker charges fast. Like real fast. Compared to Hive, Hive 2.0, Flick and so on over twice as fast?

Specifically this one ate up the power at 830mA (.83 Amps), not the usual 310 (.31 Amps). Full charge under an hour?? Most cool. I wonder why it's not an advertised feature? Trying to protect sales on the other models? Let's keep this our little secret, OK? Don't tell anyone.......

Another head scratcher is the shape. If it weren't for the big control knob for the clamp, this guy could be rectangular or even a bit more rounded than 2.0 is I think. The plastic tube you see through the top (1/2 inch ID) where the cartridge goes in is it. Everything past the widest opening of the jaws is 'wasted space'.

The finish is paint over smooth plastic. Sprayed on (over spray inside), very nicely done. Tiny circuit board, packed full like a cell phone does all the functions. The charger plugs into it, switch is on it, four wires connect to it (two for the connector, two for the battery). Very tidy, little hand work. It could be half the size it is, it's taller so it can hold the 3 tiny LEDs above the button in place. Clearly a refined design.

I took it apart to 'fix' one of my peeves about these guys, the window. Since I don't use juice all it does is leak light...... Not any more.

Regards to all.

OF

OF,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Hey, I just confirmed something I thought I'd noticed before: This sucker charges fast. Like real fast. Compared to Hive, Hive 2.0, Flick and so on over twice as fast?

Specifically this one ate up the power at 830mA (.83 Amps), not the usual 310 (.31 Amps). Full charge under an hour?? Most cool. I wonder why it's not an advertised feature? Trying to protect sales on the other models? Let's keep this our little secret, OK? Don't tell anyone.......

Another head scratcher is the shape. If it weren't for the big control knob for the clamp, this guy could be rectangular or even a bit more rounded than 2.0 is I think. The plastic tube you see through the top (1/2 inch ID) where the cartridge goes in is it. Everything past the widest opening of the jaws is 'wasted space'.

The finish is paint over smooth plastic. Sprayed on (over spray inside), very nicely done. Tiny circuit board, packed full like a cell phone does all the functions. The charger plugs into it, switch is on it, four wires connect to it (two for the connector, two for the battery). Very tidy, little hand work. It could be half the size it is, it's taller so it can hold the 3 tiny LEDs above the button in place. Clearly a refined design.

I took it apart to 'fix' one of my peeves about these guys, the window. Since I don't use juice all it does is leak light...... Not any more.

Regards to all.

OF

It does charge crazy fast! I’m topping it off daily, and it’s done in less than 15 minutes! This should definitely be a selling point as well.

Vicki,

OF

Still no replacement... oh well.
Where did you send it? It's a brand new product, the only address I have is in China? Is it on the proverbial 'slow boat'?

I hope they get it to you soon, while not the only unit that will do the job, it's a nice one IMO.

OF

biohacker

Wasn't asked to send it. Was told i'd get a replacement. Nope. No more communication from Anna. Too busy promoting their new product I suppose lol

OF

Wasn't asked to send it. Was told i'd get a replacement. Nope. No more communication from Anna. Too busy promoting their new product I suppose lol

I think we all hope they continue to be busy with new products (plural). I just read of one that uses a Hive 2.0 in a pocket for juice and a fancy 'double burner' for wax, both in the same mod. Pretty cool for some I bet.

If it's coming from China, like mine did, it's with DHL most likely, not the fastest service? You might PM Anna if you're really concerned.....none of us here have much information.

Good luck.

OF

Yocantech

Manufacturer
Sorry for the late response,please don't worry,we'll send a replacement UNI to you,and i will tell you the tracking number when i get one.
Yes,we're really very busy,you may know we'll release a new product soon,the Yocan DeLux. :)

biohacker

Better late then never Yocan came through and just as I suspected, my previous Uni was defective! This thing absolutely rocks and I actually prefer it over my Puma Mini and that says a lot! (just wish it was 1000mah instead of the 650mah especially given its size/form). I think they nailed the airflow just perfectly, and the adjustability of cart size is simply awesome.

I've also never had a preheat feature before and that's a game changer right there.

Thanks Anna and Yocan! :rockon:

addiaaj

Can anyone confirm if the device has (1) circuit overload protection?, and (2) overheat protection?

addiaaj,

flyfishwino

Hello everyone,
How are you ?
I'm glad to introduce Yocan’s new product here - Yocan UNI
Yocan UNI is an universal portable mod,world's first box mod for all kinds of oil atomizers.

201810051029254267.jpg

Patented Design

20181005103138822.gif

201810051032078035.gif

High performance

20181005103251717.jpg

201810051033123911.jpg

More details -> http://www.yocantech.com/Yocan-UNI/index.html
Would you like to try this unique new product ? :)
So far, really liking this battery.
Where can i get spare 510 extender/adapter? I can see losing a bunch of these.
Thanks

OF

So far, really liking this battery.
Where can i get spare 510 extender/adapter? I can see losing a bunch of these.
Thanks

The same ones that fit Hive and Hive 2.0 work fine, unless your cart is really fat at the base (the one that ships is taller, in case this happens). You can get them from guys who sell replacement carts for those vapes.

However my simple minded technique is to just buy another Hive, Hive 2.0 or Flick for $20 or so. You get the vape, oil and wax carts and two adapters. IIRC the adapters are like $4 or $5 each, and the carts nearly that, making the vape 'free'?

IMO it's nice to have a charged up Hive as backup for when the battery is flat anyway.

OF

OF,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The UNI is my favorite mod for carts because I know it will work with every cart I get here.

Vicki,

OF

The UNI is my favorite mod for carts because I know it will work with every cart I get here.

Makes good sense to me. I don't use 'pre filled carts', personally, so I have full blow mods for DT and other gear that's past the size and power limits of the UNI. Only Yocan carts there.

It's my favorite because it has the feature set I want, rides easy in the pocket and fits my hand better that Hive and those guys (even though they are smaller).

IMO it's great Yocan offers so many models, there's sure to be a 'best fit' in there somewhere for most folks. More choices in the marketplace, most cool.

OF

OF,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Makes good sense to me. I don't use 'pre filled carts', personally, so I have full blow mods for DT and other gear that's past the size and power limits of the UNI. Only Yocan carts there.

It's my favorite because it has the feature set I want, rides easy in the pocket and fits my hand better that Hive and those guys (even though they are smaller).

IMO it's great Yocan offers so many models, there's sure to be a 'best fit' in there somewhere for most folks. More choices in the marketplace, most cool.

OF

I only get the carts when they are on sale, and then I reuse the hell out of them. I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve refilled this Trulieve cartridge, but it’s starting to leak, so I think I better retire it now. I like that I can buy carts on sale, from any dispensary, and know they will fit. :)

Vicki,

biohacker

I only get the carts when they are on sale, and then I reuse the hell out of them. I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve refilled this Trulieve cartridge, but it’s starting to leak, so I think I better retire it now.

There are more reasons to retire your carts before they leak, and I definitely wouldn't reuse the hell out of them if you care about your health. There are photos of the coils after some use somewhere online, and it's not pretty. Perhaps take one apart after say a few uses, because it can get pretty nasty in there, and quick. Remember, there isn't any real temperature control, so burning can and frequently occurs, and there is cotton is many (most?) carts, even the best CCELLs.

I absolutely love my Yocan Uni... the feel/texture of it is just awesome, something so simple but I really like it, and the unit is super light as well. Perfect airflow restriction, and so far no complaints about the battery life, but I don't use it heavily since it's in the rotation.

biohacker,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
There are more reasons to retire your carts before they leak, and I definitely wouldn't reuse the hell out of them if you care about your health. There are photos of the coils after some use somewhere online, and it's not pretty. Perhaps take one apart after say a few uses, because it can get pretty nasty in there, and quick. Remember, there isn't any real temperature control, so burning can and frequently occurs, and there is cotton is many (most?) carts, even the best CCELLs.

I absolutely love my Yocan Uni... the feel/texture of it is just awesome, something so simple but I really like it, and the unit is super light as well. Perfect airflow restriction, and so far no complaints about the battery life, but I don't use it heavily since it's in the rotation.

I don’t use the cotton cartridges, but I do see your point. I can barely afford my medical marijuana, so I try to get the best bang for my buck. I get the pure THC distillate syringes and fill my own carts to save money. Most of the carts here at dispensaries are crazy expensive. I only buy them occasionally so I can refill them.

biohacker

I don’t use the cotton cartridges

As mentioned, even the top dog CCELL TH2's that I personally use have cotton wrapping, not that it's a huge deal, but again something that you should be aware of. I refill myself as well, but not like I used to as I know how quickly they can degrade and create nasty stuff.

biohacker,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
As mentioned, even the top dog CCELL TH2's that I personally use have cotton wrapping, not that it's a huge deal, but again something that you should be aware of. I refill myself as well, but not like I used to as I know how quickly they can degrade and create nasty stuff.

I wish I didn’t have to reuse them so much. I wish there were a cheaper option.

OF

I wish I didn’t have to reuse them so much. I wish there were a cheaper option.

You can buy Hive carts on Ebay for $3 each shipped ($15/5), with the oil version slightly less. Last box I bought came from Florida, took less than a week?

OF

Top Bottom