Yocan UNI - Universal Portable Box Mod

Yocantech

Manufacturer
Hello everyone,
How are you ?
I'm glad to introduce Yocan’s new product here - Yocan UNI
Yocan UNI is an universal portable mod,world's first box mod for all kinds of oil atomizers.

201810051029254267.jpg

Patented Design

20181005103138822.gif

201810051032078035.gif

High performance

20181005103251717.jpg

201810051033123911.jpg

More details -> http://www.yocantech.com/Yocan-UNI/index.html
Would you like to try this unique new product ? :)

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hello everyone,
How are you ?
I'm glad to introduce Yocan’s new product here - Yocan UNI
Yocan UNI is an universal portable mod,world's first box mod for all kinds of oil atomizers.

201810051029254267.jpg

Patented Design

20181005103138822.gif

201810051032078035.gif

High performance

20181005103251717.jpg

201810051033123911.jpg

More details -> http://www.yocantech.com/Yocan-UNI/index.html
Would you like to try this unique new product ? :)
Very cool :). Bought 3 different mods in the last week ... since I just got into distillate and CO2 carts ... guess I could use another! :lol:

Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: OF

biohacker

Received my Uni this morning, charged it right up and gave it a shot.

@Yocantech I've tried 3 different 510 cartridges including authentic CCELL, yet keep getting the 5 rapid blinking lights (no atomizer). I'd love to review this unit, but can't? :hmm:

EDIT: I've tried another 3 different 510 carts.... all do the same thing, and are failed to be recognized by the Uni. Nothing special about these 510 carts, they work on EVERY single battery i've ever tried (over a dozen now)... but not the Yocan.

@Yocantech Do you think my Uni is defective or do I need a special proprietary cartridge/atomizer from Yocan? I really hope it's defective, otherwise you need to start including the atomizer with the Uni, as it's useless to me as is.

Last edited:

OF

When you say “all kinds”... does that include prefilled carts?

Yes it does (within reason). It has to be 510 thread on the bottom (no doubt is) and under half an inch diameter. Smaller is fine, due to the clamp at the top. The magnetic adapter is longer than the normal Hive ones to get the bottom of the cart up 'high enough' inside to not hang up. Standard ones with Hive carts also work, as with other similar carts. You can even use Omicron carts with that adapter 'stacked on' below it.

Neat little guy, I'm enjoying mine way past the normal 'new' factor. This one will, I think, replace several Hives and Hive 2.0s. A bit bigger, but fits the hand better than either IMO. The body is teardrop shaped, with the 'tail' flatted off for the controls. It fits naturally into your fist with the button under your thumb.

The elevation adjustment has 3 'clicks'. It moves the socket inside so shorter carts can stick their heads out. The bottom one is shorter than Hive (less MP sticks out). The center a bit further out than normal, the top one considerably so. Short carts should not be a problem, either.

Looks to be handy, solid performer to me. And thus far, that's exactly how it's acted. I doubt few if any will regret trying it out. I'm sure to get another....or two.

Regards to all.

OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have one now, and will be reviewing it soon. So far, I really love it. I think it might be my new favorite.

Vicki,

biohacker

Yes it does (within reason). It has to be 510 thread on the bottom (no doubt is

I have one now, and will be reviewing it soon. So far, I really love it. I think it might be my new favorite.

Am I doing something wrong here or is mine just defective? :hmm:

@OF @Vicki thank you for sharing, but you could both perhaps elaborate a bit more on the cartridges you are using, and if you have had any that haven't been recognized?

OF

@OF @Vicki thank you for sharing, but you could both perhaps elaborate a bit more on the cartridges you are using, and if you have had any that haven't been recognized?

Hard to tell from here, perhaps if you'd hold it closer to the monitor?

Have you tried a Hive cartridge? What, specifically, are you doing? If you fail to make contact, or in one case were I had a dead cart, all 3 'power level' LEDs flash several times then go out when you press the magic button, do you see that?

Any ones that fit in (under half an inch OD at the widest point) have worked normally for me.....or I would have said so.

OF

biohacker

Hard to tell from here, perhaps if you'd hold it closer to the monitor?

:rofl:Perhaps you missed my post!

Received my Uni this morning, charged it right up and gave it a shot.

@Yocantech I've tried 3 different 510 cartridges including authentic CCELL, yet keep getting the 5 rapid blinking lights (no atomizer). I'd love to review this unit, but can't? :hmm:

EDIT: I've tried another 3 different 510 carts.... all do the same thing, and are failed to be recognized by the Uni. Nothing special about these 510 carts, they work on EVERY single battery i've ever tried (over a dozen now)... but not the Yocan.

@Yocantech Do you think my Uni is defective or do I need a special proprietary cartridge/atomizer from Yocan? I really hope it's defective, otherwise you need to start including the atomizer with the Uni, as it's useless to me as is.

Have you tried a Hive cartridge? What, specifically, are you doing? If you fail to make contact, or in one case were I had a dead cart, all 3 'power level' LEDs flash several times then go out when you press the magic button, do you see that?

No Hive cart. And yep, I see that. I've tried well over a 1/2 dozen 510 threaded carts now. My guess is a short circuit/defective Uni. If not, what else?

biohacker,
Reactions: Vicki

OF

No Hive cart. And yep, I see that. I've tried well over a 1/2 dozen 510 threaded carts now. My guess is a short circuit/defective Uni. If not, what else?

Without specifics of which carts, I hope you can see how I can't say 'that cart worked fine for me'? Even so, I'm not sure I can ID all the random carts I have lying about.

Are all your 'well over half dozen' carts the same brand/model?

It is not a short circuit for sure, the indication (5 flashes) is for an OPEN circuit. No connection found. It could be defective, of course, small chance but the likely defect is a broken lead to the connector (open circuit).

The only definitive proof open to you is by substitution of a known good cart or putting the subject cart in a known good Uni of course. Still not possible for me to give a further opinion without 'being there'?

OF

Edit: One other thought. The wax cart that came with my Flick didn't make reliable contact at first apparently because the center pin was a bit shorter than most. Pushing the (floating) pin in the magnetic adapter up a small amount before screwing it on the cart (where the pin was pushed back in the process) fixed it. You might try that. The adapter has to be 'all the way on' to make contact for the center pin.

OF

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist

I concur with what OF said. As for myself, all the carts I have from the dispensaries here work, as long as they are 510 thread. Maybe contact Yocan to see if you might have a defective unit.

biohacker

Are all your 'well over half dozen' carts the same brand/model?

No, I have a variety.

Edit: One other thought. The wax cart that came with my Flick didn't make reliable contact at first apparently because the center pin was a bit shorter than most. Pushing the (floating) pin in the magnetic adapter up a small amount before screwing it on the cart (where the pin was pushed back in the process) fixed it. You might try that. The adapter has to be 'all the way on' to make contact for the center pin.

Just tried it. No luck.

Maybe contact Yocan to see if you might have a defective unit.

Just waiting to hear back from Anna. It has to be defective, what else? I have so many different carts, all 510... and CCELL is the "standard" IMO, and those don't work either. It just doesn't detect the cart.

Mr. Me2

No, I have a variety.

Just tried it. No luck.

Just waiting to hear back from Anna. It has to be defective, what else? I have so many different carts, all 510... and CCELL is the "standard" IMO, and those don't work either. It just doesn't detect the cart.
I’m guessing yes, but does it accept a charge?

Mr. Me2,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I’m really loving this UNI. I always had a problem with carts because the dispensaries here seem to make them different sizes, most likely on purpose. This solves that. Now I can adjust the width and length to accommodate any cartridge. I don’t see myself even using my Hive 2.0 much anymore.

It also seems to charge more quickly and hold a charge longer than my Hive 2.0. It’s a little bit bigger than the Hive 2.0, but still fits in the palm of my hand. I also like the soft silicone grip. I can go a couple days between charges, but your mileage may vary, depending on the setting your use and how often you use it.

I like that it has 3 heat settings, but I never go above the first setting. I’m only looking to take my medicine, not blow clouds. If you put it on setting number three, you can blow massive clouds, though. I haven’t needed the pre-heat function yet, but I’m glad it is there. We have very thick distillate here.

This is my new favorite Yocan mod. It really does solve a lot of problems with cart size. I will be using this all the time now as my daily driver. I’m waiting for a delivery from Aphria/Liberty Healthcare, and am anxious to use their carts in this mod today. @Yocantech

OF

I haven’t needed the pre-heat function yet, but I’m glad it is there. We have very thick distillate here.

This is my new favorite Yocan mod. It really does solve a lot of problems with cart size. [/USER]

This is with 'store bought' pre filled carts? Or are you using the 'juice' Yocan carts. I'm using the 'wax' carts, even with thick oils, as I couldn't get the juice one to feed properly.

TIA

OF

OF,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
This is with 'store bought' pre filled carts? Or are you using the 'juice' Yocan carts. I'm using the 'wax' carts, even with thick oils, as I couldn't get the juice one to feed properly.

TIA

OF

I’ve used both dispensary bought carts, and I also refill these carts with thick THC distillate, but I dilute it with a couple drops of terpenes first.

Vicki,

biohacker

@Yocantech reached out to me with stellar customer service.... engineering dept looked into the issue, and there must be some sort of connection defect, and I will be getting another one... fingers crossed.

I agree that the silicone feel is something i've never experienced before...it's like a silicone paint? Such an cool feel of texture. Just wish the Uni was smaller, considering it only has 3 temps and isn't really a "mod". I could never see it ever replacing my Puma Mini, or even CCELL Palm for that matter, but like most vapes it's a personal matter.

Glad you guys are enjoying yours! :rockon:

OF

Hey, kind of a fun 'feature' I stumbled on last night. I was enjoying it 'in the dark' and realized the 3 green LEDs above the button are focused. That is, unlike normal indicators they put out a narrow beam rather than more diffuse light in all directions. I'd noticed this in bright light, it's very easy to see. Neat.

But in the dark, that narrow beam lights up your vapor exhale very nicely! Hold it a foot or two in front of you, shine it 'sideways' across the expected vapor and enjoy the show......

OK, it's more fun on the last hits than the first, but it's still fun. And the ability to see them well in bright light is welcome.

Mine is on it's third recharge, or is it fourth?

This one, I think, is going to be a winner even if you never use cartridges from other makers.

OF

Top Bottom