• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Yocan Trio 3-in-1 Pod System Vape Pen

Yocantech

Manufacturer
Hi Guys,
How is going?
Today I will introduce you Yocan Trio.
The refillable 3-in-1 Pod vape pen makes e-cigarettes really easy to use, satisfy any of your vaping needs by its three types of Pod changed easily from e-juice to oils, and concentrates. This is the device that you are looking for deep in your heart.
Yocan-Trio-Vape-Pen_01_2.jpg

ALL-INCLUSIVE Pod Vape Pen

Yocan-Trio-Vape-Pen_02_2.jpg

Advanced Heating Technology

Yocan-Trio-Vape-Pen_05.jpg

Yocan Trio Features 3 Voltage Levels

Yocan-Trio-Vape-Pen_06_2.jpg

Yocan Trio come with 10sec Preheat Function

Yocan-Trio-Vape-Pen_07_2.jpg

Magnetic Connection Between the Battery and Pod

Yocan-Trio-Vape-Penl_08_2.jpg

Multi-colors for your life style

Yocan-Trio-Vape-Pen_12-2.jpg

Yocan-Trio-Vape-Pen_13.jpg

Justpassedu

Looking forward to trying this 1 myself , Waiting for Yocan Anna & Jimmy to send me 1. I am most interested in the oil pod .

Justpassedu,

subway13029

So what is difference between this and the evolve 2.0? It looks the same pods to me..and the evolve.2.0 is ok but the pods end up leaking and clogging..and the wax pods crack from the heat..i really like it for wax on the go but im on myb4th pod due to the lids cracking..and this next product looks almost to be the same.

subway13029,
Reactions: macbill

Yocantech

Manufacturer
The Trio Pod is with side airflow and the sealed bottom at leak-proof design.

Yocantech,

subway13029

The Trio Pod is with side airflow and the sealed bottom at leak-proof design.
What bottom is sealed? I hope this wont leak but i think it will..i am gonna try it out...again..i feel i spend so much money in yocan products..some work and some dont but always gotta buy coils or pods or whatever but everything always just works almost great..pretry good but never over the edge..

subway13029,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I've been treated to the new Yocan Trio, a versatile new addition to the Yocan lineup. This device, for me, is the stealthiest portable Yocan makes, and that says a lot.

What is a Trio? It's a device about the size of a Bic lighter, but not as thick by a hair. The Trio has 3 reusable “pods”: 1) a solid concentrate pod w/ 2 wrapped, quartz coils. 2) a “thick oil” pod with 2 fill holes. 3) a nic salts pod with 2 fill holes (might be usable for thinner, winterized solutions). The fill holes double as insertion points for the pod's cap attachment.

The pods attach to the body of the battery by 3 round magnets on the undersides of the pod. Trio comes with 2 plastic protective caps for the pod's magnet bottom, I assume, to keep metallic debris from collecting.

There is only one button on the Trio. 5 pushes turns it on/off. There are 3 power settings: low (white), medium (blue), and high (green). To cycle thru these power settings – push button 3 times. A loaded pod fits nicely in the coin pocket in my pants.

I loaded my “thick oil” pod with distillate, and my solid pod with concentrate. I'm enjoying both pods on the medium (blue) power setting. Maybe because it's a new toy, maybe because it's true, this is superior to other combo devices I've come across.

Solid Pod with mouthpiece off. Filled oil pod.
24v1jkj.jpg

Empty thick oil pod
fmjm1s.jpg

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Yocan had provided me with a Trio as well & it arrived yesterday. 1st thoughts upon opening is it seems to be made well , has a metal body with some heft to it yet it is small & very pocket-able. It arrived with a half charge so it took about 20 minutes to top it off and the 1st thing I did was break out the thick juice pod for a fill of some Pineapple Express by Heavy Hitters. The pod was super easy to fill and has a very wide opening , you can fill it through a hole on the rubber gasket or do what I did and remove that gasket and fill that way which opens up a large space for filling and a syringe is most likely not needed. Also there is a small window at the side when you connect the pod via its magnetic connection to view how much oil is left in there , very nice touch imo. So airflow is great compared to my other devices , very free flowing . I took my 1st few puffs at the highest heat setting as the pen was defaulted to that temp to start and they were huge . I quickly went to the lowest temp setting and was still getting huge clouds and very flavorful hits. One thing I did notice is it eats my oil pretty quickly as it provides huge rips. I have yet to test the other pods but the one for thick oils is what I am most interested in and adding one for concentrates and Ejuice was a nice touch. I will continue to test , Thank you Yocan and here are a few pics for everyone to check it out, I also put them next to a few other pens for size reference ( click links if images are not showing ) :
RJ1btbd.jpg
InDvN0I.jpg
Qe15aEU.jpg
Eyl8yf1.jpg

Image Links : https://i.imgur.com/Eyl8yf1.jpg , https://i.imgur.com/RJ1btbd.jpg , https://i.imgur.com/Qe15aEU.jpg , https://i.imgur.com/InDvN0I.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I loaded my thick oil pod with an 18 month-old distillate thinned with a couple drops of CCs terpene blend, "G-rilla 13". I appreciate the "pre-heat" function, which allows the thick solution to warm up. Since I am such a light-weight-lung-wise, I hit it while pre-warming, and follow up with button tap on low (white). It would be just about the perfect hit in a theater: followed by exhaling through a Philter. No smell, no tell, and not too big to cough out a lung. A triumph of stealth usage. Winning!

I think it best to use a winterized product or a distillate because all the lipids, plant waxes, etc. are removed which could clog the wick.

EDIT
====
Off to Avengers matinee. I'm going to give my combo of Trio/Philter a test run.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
This is a very stealthy vape. I haven't had any oil leaks, but I keep it in a shirt pocket if I'm outside. I've never carried it with mouthpiece pointing down. I'm still working on my first fill, although I have topped it off.

Coupled with the active charcoal filter "Philter", I was able to take discrete hits at a matinee. I can see this will be an ideal companion in almost any situation.

Justpassedu

This is a very stealthy vape. I haven't had any oil leaks, but I keep it in a shirt pocket if I'm outside. I've never carried it with mouthpiece pointing down. I'm still working on my first fill, although I have topped it off.

Coupled with the active charcoal filter "Philter", I was able to take discrete hits at a matinee. I can see this will be an ideal companion in almost any situation.
I'm starting to get oil coming up via the mp almost every pull on my 1st tank. Same oil I use in all my pods from cells to juul tanks I fill with it. It is thick pictured above. I was wondering why my tank looks so empty and now I know , large amounts coming through the center up to the mp.

Justpassedu,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Also, air room must be reserved in the tank for the two posts from the mouthpiece upon sealing. Even so, if the posts make a seal, you'd think fluid would still be pushed up the atomizer part when sealing the mouthpiece to the pod. The air intake of the mouthpiece is not attached to the atomizer tube. I think the very act of inhaling pulls warmed solution up the atomizer tube into mouthpiece cap.
2eeht37.jpg

I don't seem to have the same problem with solid concentrate, but I'm a light-weight and don't do massive hits.

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
This is my review of the Yocan Trio. I’ve been using it about a month now. This one is similar to the Evolve 2.0, which I also have, but this one is smaller and can be concealed in the palm of your hand. It won’t stand upright like the Evolve 2.0, though, because it does not have a flat bottom.

Like the Evolve 2.0, it also comes with three different pods, one pod for e-juice (something I don’t use), one pod for oil, and a dual quartz coil/concentrate pod.

I used both the oil pod, and the dual quartz coil concentrate pod. I like them both a lot, but I tend to stick with quartz coils concentrate pod most of the time.

It has the same 5 click to turn on and off function, two clicks for a pre-heat, and 3 clicks to change the temperature. It has three different temps, but I always keep mine on the lowest setting, and I still get big clouds. Although, personally, big clouds are not what I am shooting for, this will still deliver massive clouds on the highest setting.

The battery seems to last a long time, but not as long as my Delux as the Delux has a bigger battery. How long the battery lasts depends on your usage. I can get about 4 days from mine, sometimes a little more.

Also, same as the Evolve 2.0, the pods are magnetic, and stay in the Trio snug. The Trio battery is well built, and made of metal, not plastic, however the pods are made of plastic. I asked Yocan if they could be soaked in 91% ISO alcohol to be cleaned and they said no. These are disposable pods, and the plastic would not withstand a long 91% ISO alcohol soak. You can re-use them for a little while, maybe a week or so, but then they need to be thrown out.

It’s very stealthy, and I can use it wherever I like and not be noticed, as long as I don’t blow massive clouds. Small, quick hits can easily be concealed anywhere, even in a store while shopping.

There are only two things I dislike about the Trio. I don’t like that it doesn’t have a flat bottom, and will not stand up on it’s own, like the Evolve 2.0. I also don’t like that I can’t soak and clean the pods to reuse them. I hate throwing things into a landfill, and like to recycle as much as I can. Other than those two things, I like it a lot.

The Trio is $33.99, and the replacement pods cost $16.99 for a 3 pack, and you choose which pod you want. In my case, I would choose for all three to be quartz coil/concentrate pods.

If you are looking for something small and stealthy, this will work perfect for you. It has worked great for me so far.

Justpassedu

This is my review of the Yocan Trio. I’ve been using it about a month now. This one is similar to the Evolve 2.0, which I also have, but this one is smaller and can be concealed in the palm of your hand. It won’t stand upright like the Evolve 2.0, though, because it does not have a flat bottom.

Like the Evolve 2.0, it also comes with three different pods, one pod for e-juice (something I don’t use), one pod for oil, and a dual quartz coil/concentrate pod.

I used both the oil pod, and the dual quartz coil concentrate pod. I like them both a lot, but I tend to stick with quartz coils concentrate pod most of the time.

It has the same 5 click to turn on and off function, two clicks for a pre-heat, and 3 clicks to change the temperature. It has three different temps, but I always keep mine on the lowest setting, and I still get big clouds. Although, personally, big clouds are not what I am shooting for, this will still deliver massive clouds on the highest setting.

The battery seems to last a long time, but not as long as my Delux as the Delux has a bigger battery. How long the battery lasts depends on your usage. I can get about 4 days from mine, sometimes a little more.

Also, same as the Evolve 2.0, the pods are magnetic, and stay in the Trio snug. The Trio battery is well built, and made of metal, not plastic, however the pods are made of plastic. I asked Yocan if they could be soaked in 91% ISO alcohol to be cleaned and they said no. These are disposable pods, and the plastic would not withstand a long 91% ISO alcohol soak. You can re-use them for a little while, maybe a week or so, but then they need to be thrown out.

It’s very stealthy, and I can use it wherever I like and not be noticed, as long as I don’t blow massive clouds. Small, quick hits can easily be concealed anywhere, even in a store while shopping.

There are only two things I dislike about the Trio. I don’t like that it doesn’t have a flat bottom, and will not stand up on it’s own, like the Evolve 2.0. I also don’t like that I can’t soak and clean the pods to reuse them. I hate throwing things into a landfill, and like to recycle as much as I can. Other than those two things, I like it a lot.

The Trio is $33.99, and the replacement pods cost $16.99 for a 3 pack, and you choose which pod you want. In my case, I would choose for all three to be quartz coil/concentrate pods.

If you are looking for something small and stealthy, this will work perfect for you. It has worked great for me so far.

My Trio has a Flat Bottom and stands up on its own perfectly.

Justpassedu,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I have a flat bottom, too. Oh, are we talking about the Trio? Yes, I can stand mine up, too.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
They are re-fillable up to the point they don't work anymore, for example, if the pod's wick got clogged with plant waxes, etc.

macbill,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
They are re-fillable up to the point they don't work anymore, for example, if the pod's wick got clogged with plant waxes, etc.

This is what I meant. They can be re-used for a little bit. It depends on the user.

As for the bottom, it is kinda flat, but not as flat as the Evolve 2.0. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Vicki,

chillersnov8p

This is what I meant. They can be re-used for a little bit. It depends on the user.

As for the bottom, it is kinda flat, but not as flat as the Evolve 2.0. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Gotcha, yes I see now how being able to clean them would be nice. They hold 1/2g? So you can refill them 3 times or so?

chillersnov8p,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
To maximize pod life, you would want to use an oil that has the plant waxes removed as much as possible. Ask your BudTender for "winterized" oil in a syringe. Or a distillate because it has no plant waxes.

macbill,
Reactions: Vicki
Top Bottom