Yocan Nyx Atomizer

zikzak

I loaded about .3 grams up the other day, with lot's of room to spare. I'd say a half gram could even go in the chamber. This thing powers through it with ease, no worries about clogging (at least for me).

So to answer your question, yes it will. Unless you're comparing it to say the Source vapes XL Orb v3 Flosstradamus edition.

The NYX is certainly not for someone who has to ration supplies and/or wants to conserve.. perhaps it can be used in that manner, but it's far too tempting to utilize the carb and blow your head off so-to-speak.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Sweet...thanks @zikzak ! That sounds down my alley when I get some concentrates. I have the miniInvader for a mod, and it baffles me with all the options. Any idea what settings this atomizer likes to be used on with something like that?

stickstones,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Hoosier

Does this thing hold more than the standard 'load-n-go' atomizers, or is it still a one hitter type of thing?

I've loaded .25 at a time in it with nothing but great results. The way the drip tip lowers into the cup, it really doesn't have a lot of noticeable splatter, even after a few weeks of heavy use.

Hoosier

Is this a good mod for the Nyx?
I'm completely clueless about battery mods, if that's what they are called.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin-iTaste-MVP-3-0-Pro-Starter-kit-p/ink-mvp3pa.htm

What you linked to also includes a vape juice tank... You don't need all that.

The NYX doesn't need the latest and greatest. I run my at 15w, so anything sub-ohm capable and over 20 watts will work. I use an istick 40w tc, which I picked up last summer to pair with a DT 2.5. If I had it to do over, I would have purchased this: http://vapenw.com/evic-vtc-mini. -just get the $39 option, and then get a couple of batteries and a charge and you will be good to go!

Hoosier,
Reactions: mestizo

mestizo

What you linked to also includes a vape juice tank... You don't need all that.

The NYX doesn't need the latest and greatest. I run my at 15w, so anything sub-ohm capable and over 20 watts will work. I use an istick 40w tc, which I picked up last summer to pair with a DT 2.5. If I had it to do over, I would have purchased this: http://vapenw.com/evic-vtc-mini. -just get the $39 option, and then get a couple of batteries and a charge and you will be good to go!
The reason why I linked that site is because it shows all the specs. But Vapeusa is selling them at a much lower price, like half of what my link shows.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Last edited:
paytonpenn,

Hoosier

mestizo

So, I bought the Innokin MVP Pro 3.0 at a really good price.
Now the question is, what is the minimum voltage and wattage I should start with.

mestizo,

Treeburner

So, I bought the Innokin MVP Pro 3.0 at a really good price.
Now the question is, what is the minimum voltage and wattage I should start with.

You can only set voltage or wattage, as wattage is just voltage and resistance combined - I'd suggest going by wattage, as 4v delivered to a 3ohm coil is a lot different than 4v on a 0.25ohm coil. With the ~0.9ohm coil on the Nyx at least 12w will be needed, but more like 15+ for full effect. Running mine at 17w at the moment.

-Treeburner

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hi: @Hoosier
I'm just wondering if the edabs of the day at $15?? Did you got charged shipping after checkout. I'm trying to pay from my phone with PayPal and don't let me know shipping cost, I believe, till I pay, if I'm getting charged shipping. Am I wrong??
I live in Vancouver, Washington so I'm guessing minimum $5 shipping, right??

I found a different deal on eBay for $20 shipped plus a pick tool and a wax container. Not that I need them but freebies are freebies, right? Same price if edabs charges me $5 shipping and no freebies.
I could be wrong.
If edabs don't charge shipping I don't care about freebies, jajaja those pick tools and silicon containers are cheap as cents jajaja
Thanks in advance and stay vaped my friend

Just got this deal at eBay, almost same price as edabs but with a couple little freebies...

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161991169702

Last edited:
Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Hoosier

Hi: @Hoosier
I'm just wondering if the edabs of the day at $15?? Did you got charged shipping after checkout. I'm trying to pay from my phone with PayPal and don't let me know shipping cost, I believe, till I pay, if I'm getting charged shipping. Am I wrong??
I live in Vancouver, Washington so I'm guessing minimum $5 shipping, right??

I found a different deal on eBay for $20 shipped plus a pick tool and a wax container. Not that I need them but freebies are freebies, right? Same price if edabs charges me $5 shipping and no freebies.
I could be wrong.
If edabs don't charge shipping I don't care about freebies, jajaja those pick tools and silicon containers are cheap as cents jajaja
Thanks in advance and stay vaped my friend

Yeah, I think shipping is just under $5...last time I ordered from them I used code edabs10 for 10% off... Not sure if that still works or not, but worth a shot.

Hoosier,

mephisto

Running my Nyx at 8w and it is flavor country all the way. Learned with the evolve to dial back the wattage with the nichrome coils. Very happy with the performance.

Treeburner

I wouldn't think you'd get much response from dual coils at 8w. Does the device you're running it on have buck circuitry? Just wondering if that's a real 8w.

-Treeburner

Treeburner,
Reactions: mestizo

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Yocan told me 15-25W was the best range to get the best flavor when they sent me this to test. I use a Cool Fire IV mod at 13-15W. I let it heat up about 4-5 secs then hit the carb button and forget about life for a while. If you are on a concentrate budget,, get the Evolve. Got a few grams to blow, get the NYX. I call mine Kurt Cobain

smutman,
Reactions: zikzak

zikzak

Yocan told me 15-25W was the best range to get the best flavor when they sent me this to test. I use a Cool Fire IV mod at 13-15W. I let it heat up about 4-5 secs then hit the carb button and forget about life for a while. If you are on a concentrate budget,, get the Evolve. Got a few grams to blow, get the NYX. I call mine Kurt Cobain

I'd be interested to know what mod(s) they paired w the NYX to come to that conclusion. I think that's where most people w the plethora of various mod options/configurations to attach this too are running into discrepancies (same w any atty mod really) . A 5 to 7w 'fire' over here is equivalent to a 11-12w fire over there, say w an ipv d2 or something. Such as, really I take the mnftr spec's as guidance/tolerances and then experiment carefully to see the my own setups boundaries. Nonetheless thanks again for bringing this device to my attention on here and IG smutman!

Last edited:
zikzak,
Reactions: smutman

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
They never said (went back to re read the email) what mod they used, just said 15-25W.

smutman,

Treeburner

How often are people changing coils in their Nyx? Mine didn't come with the coil cap, so I'm getting a lot of reclaim buildup around the rim of the coil. Has anyone tried soaking their used coils in iso then drying and dry burning after? Wondering if the coils can be cleaned and reused as long as they're not burnt out. Would be another way the Nyx is better than a ceramic donut.

-Treeburner

Treeburner,

Hoosier

How often are people changing coils in their Nyx? Mine didn't come with the coil cap, so I'm getting a lot of reclaim buildup around the rim of the coil. Has anyone tried soaking their used coils in iso then drying and dry burning after? Wondering if the coils can be cleaned and reused as long as they're not burnt out. Would be another way the Nyx is better than a ceramic donut.

-Treeburner

I havent had to clean mine yet, but the NYX doesn't feature a coil cap, only the evolve does.

Hoosier,

zikzak

Yeah, this thing self cleans in essence of it's channeled design and ability to the largest amount of any atty I own... it can really run through some oil if you want it to. :)

zikzak,

Treeburner

Was going to change the coil in my Nyx today, so I took one out of my 5 pack of QDC coils but quickly found it doesn't fit in the Nyx! Are these made only for the Evolve and there are no Nyx Coils available, or am I missing something? Ordered another with a stainless finish, but would like to be able to replace the coils as needed. Fortunately it didn't really need it this time, so I tossed the coil back in and vaped away.

Thanks,
Treeburner

Treeburner,
Top Bottom