Yocan Nyx Atomizer

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Well, the wax atomizer myself, @momofthegoons and I forgot the 3rd(I'm sooo sorry I forgot who you were) is officially out and I see they used the name I came up with which is awesome! Dual quartz coils, carb/airflow button to make them hit like a shotgun (I call mine Kurt Cobain). Looks like it only comes with one coil. I was sent 2 so I do not know which one they used. It's very small and compact and fits on any 510 threaded mod. 15-25w is the preferred wattage. I use mine more towards the 15w side.
http://www.yocantech.com/NYX/index.html

I dig the final design and it doesn't show a price yet. Between this (put it on a Cool Fire IV mod) and the Evolve; I don't use my Source Orb, FogPen, ThisThingRips or any other type of wax pen anymore and gave away my Dr Dabber Ghost. It'll take one heck of a pen or atomizer to get me to switch to be honest.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@Stu was the other person sent one of the beta units. ;)

I see they 'spiffed' it up a little. Looks slick. It'll be interesting to see the price point on these.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Hoosier

Mail man just arrived. Unfortuanley, a couple of more client calls sit between me and my scientific trials! Lol.

Ok. Fast forward to 7pm. This little tank is interesting. The spring loaded carb works pretty well. First couple of rips at 15w on my istick 40w tc. Just 3-4 quick pulses and then the carb. Nice/surprising clouds. Great effect, not a nail, but very good for a pen. Have a feeling my evolve is going to be hand-me-downed to the wifey.

Last edited:

Yoosh

Loving this thing.

Notes so far:
-packaging was smelly
-glad it's a pull-off top
-carb button is a bit flimsy
-large cup to load plenty
-powerful, quick clouds @ 15w

I thought the evolve packed a punch! We'll see how it stands up to abuse and wax gunk but so far I'm a fan.

Last edited:

zikzak

That temp control factor is a major plus.. I have two ordered that are a day off from being received (significant other enjoys Evolve, but I showed her this and she was already making plans to relegate her *new*ish Evolve to backup duty).

Can't wait to see how the NYX matches up with our IPV D2 and heavy ass Reuleaux.

Thanks everyone for input that went into the product and further details about it!

Last edited:

zikzak

You get yours yet, @zikzak ?

I did. I couldn't be happier. Same goes for my better half, but she did make mention of how quickly it seemed her personal stash was depleting while watching a movie last night :) .

Yoosh was pretty dead on with his commentary. I'm glad the chamber doesn't screw on (allowing the user to place the carb button in the orientation they prefer when pulsing the mod power). Also, the way internal holding area is designed, funneling everything right towards the coils... very nice. The airflow design although simple, is effective and superior to other Atty / Mod based options so far.

I did the three pulse and pull the 'trigger' method after melting a little bit of crumble down on the coils. In the words of the great Harry Caray, 'Holy cow!' -- after a few of those, I legit woke up in my clothes from yesterday, still out on the couch-- and I had been abandoned it seems for the comfier surroundings of our bedroom. :D

Settings I found I like, using Ti TC 225F @ 16.5w and the stock attys kept registering .89-.9 ohm so I didn't defer from that.

Treeburner

After looking for an alternative to the DT donut, I came across the Nyx, and although my Yocan Thor left a lot to be desired I really like the features on this atomizer so I decided to bite and ordered one last night. Looking forward to trying it out, should be much less conspicuous than my bright white donut.

-Treeburner

Treeburner,

Treeburner

Just got my Nyx today, and I'm really happy with it! Looks much less conspicuous than the white ceramic donut I was using, and the response time of the atomizer is better than the donut which results in better clouds and flavor. I really like the look and design, we'll see about durability and coil life but so far I'm very optimistic that I've found my ideal portable, which I always hoped would be something compatible with my ecig batteries. Way to go Yocan, this makes up for my crappy Thor!

-Treeburner

Treeburner,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
we'll see about durability and coil life
I'm still, surprisingly, using the original atty that came with my beta NYX. I've used this set up more than my other pens and am really surprised at how long it's lasted. Longer than any other atomizer I've tried. If the new production versions are as good, I'm going to be a happy camper.

Yocantech

Manufacturer
Hi everyone,Yocan Technology here again with an exciting new wax vaporizer called the NYX. It’s an all metal 510 threaded stand-alone atomizer that uses coils based on the same QDC (Quartz Dual Crystal) technology you saw in the Evolve wax pen vaporizer.

201601301604537390.jpg

The exciting new feature on this atomizer is the push button spring loaded carb, which allows you to quickly increase the airflow and is perfect for clearing the vapor from the tank with a quick shot of air. Take a hit, press the button and you’re good to go!

201601301605387578.jpg

The QDC or Quartz Dual Coils are made with quartz instead of the traditional ceramic you see in most atomizers for the purest crystal clean experience in flavor. Dual coils produce lots of rich smooth vapor and can be run anywhere from 15 to 25 watts. Adjust it to what’s comfortable for you and enjoy!!

201601301605394002.jpg

201601301605409017.jpg

201601301605417934.jpg

It’s also compact at only 55mm tall, 20mm wide at the base and 23mm wide with the button. The 510 threading lets you use it on almost any variable wattage device. It’s available in two colors, black and silver and matches perfectly with the Yocan punk60 or any variable wattage device mod you might own.

201601301605426227.jpg

20160130160544548.jpg

In the package you get:
1 x NYX Atomizer
1 x (QDC)Quartz Dual Coil

More Details please check here:

http://www.yocantech.com/NYX/index.html

Available for purchase here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YoCan-N...655e4e1&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=321945228338

http://edabsdirect.com/products/yocan-nyx-wax-atomizer?variant=10609435013

Treeburner

Been running the Nyx at the TC settings recommended above, but can anyone confirm that the coils are actually titanium? Also, can the Nyx be disassembled and soaked in iso for cleaning? No glue in the assembly like a donut, so wouldn't see why not but wanted to see if anyone could confirm?

Thanks,
Treeburner

Treeburner,

Hoosier

Been running the Nyx at the TC settings recommended above, but can anyone confirm that the coils are actually titanium? Also, can the Nyx be disassembled and soaked in iso for cleaning? No glue in the assembly like a donut, so wouldn't see why not but wanted to see if anyone could confirm?

Thanks,
Treeburner

Pretty sure these are ni chrome wire, not ti.

Treeburner

Hi tepictoton,thanks for your interested in Evolve. The coil made of Nichrome, it does not supt TC.If you want to use a MOD match the atomizer,you need a 510 adapter to connect with your MOD.please check this image:

Pretty sure these are ni chrome wire, not ti.

Thanks @Hoosier, went back in the Evolve thread and you were right, the wire is nichrome so not TC capable since nichrome doesn't have a linear TCR. Will be using standard wattage mode next time.

Thanks,
Treeburner

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Does this thing hold more than the standard 'load-n-go' atomizers, or is it still a one hitter type of thing?

stickstones,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom