Yocan Magneto

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
http://www.yocantech.com/Magneto/index.html

It has come to my attention that we do not yet have a thread dedicated to the Yocan Magneto.

Yocan in general, makes a high quality concentrate vaporizer at an affordable price. In my opinion, and experience, the Yocan line is the best value for a pen style concentrate vaporizers.

I will eventually get some video of the Magneto and the newer XL up but i am currently out of town, busy, and without either of my Yocan products.

I welcome others to chime in on their thoughts and opinions on the Magneto... For me, i highly recommend it, especially considering the price point of the unit and the replacement coils, both which i consider very reasonable.

Cheers.

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
is it a larger version of the evolve?
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/yocan-evolve-wax-pen.20035/

I have zero experience with any wax pens at all

To the best of my knowledge this is the higher end version of the Evolve with the magnetic feature being the biggest improvement.

Again, like the Evolve i feel price more than justifies the end product. Unique features, affordable pricepoint.

@Yocantech Anything else worth mentioning? Although the Magneto has been mentioned elsewhere i am sure you can outline the additional features better than i can.

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: Pyr0

JCat

Accessory Maker
I just got one today (ordered a couple days ago). So far I like it! I'm using it with the Evolve Plus Ceramic Donut coils though as I ordered a 5 pack of them and caps to go with it. I like the magnetic features but I've heard a couple complaints about the new coil:

1. You need to be careful to preheat the coil a little before removing the cap, if you already have concentrate in there, as the cap can get stuck to the coil (with the built in dabber) and rip it out.
2. The unit doesn't have quite enough power to drive the new coil. You have to wait too long to get things up to temp.

This is why I went with the Evolve Plus coils ... so I get most of the convenience of the magnetic pieces, but not w/ the cap. I'll probably try the magneto coil though at some point ...!

I'll point out that my experience w/ concentrate pens is pretty minimal as well. I've had a ThermoVape Cera as well as their Dart and Revolution products, but that's about it (as well as tried a couple cheap ones)

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I just got one today (ordered a couple days ago). So far I like it! I'm using it with the Evolve Plus Ceramic Donut coils though as I ordered a 5 pack of them and caps to go with it. I like the magnetic features but I've heard a couple complaints about the new coil:

1. You need to be careful to preheat the coil a little before removing the cap, if you already have concentrate in there, as the cap can get stuck to the coil (with the built in dabber) and rip it out.
2. The unit doesn't have quite enough power to drive the new coil. You have to wait too long to get things up to

I also noticed the need to preheat the coil to prevent the built in Dabber from sticking. No biggie for me.

IAmKrazy2,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I also noticed the need to preheat the coil to prevent the built in Dabber from sticking. No biggie for me.
Do you prefer the coil to the evolve plus ceramic donut coil?

JCat,

Koziemc

http://www.yocantech.com/Magneto/index.html

It has come to my attention that we do not yet have a thread dedicated to the Yocan Magneto.

Yocan in general, makes a high quality concentrate vaporizer at an affordable price. In my opinion, and experience, the Yocan line is the best value for a pen style concentrate vaporizers.

I will eventually get some video of the Magneto and the newer XL up but i am currently out of town, busy, and without either of my Yocan products.

I welcome others to chime in on their thoughts and opinions on the Magneto... For me, i highly recommend it, especially considering the price point of the unit and the replacement coils, both which i consider very reasonable.

Cheers.

I have tried the yocan Evolve plus and the Magneto. The Magneto is way better just because of the dab tool that's part of the coil cap. The Evolve plus which I just posted about is difficult to load sticky distillate into the chamber without making a mess. The dab tool of the Magneto makes this so easy I wish they would do something simular to Evolve Plus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vision103

Vision103
To the best of my knowledge this is the higher end version of the Evolve with the magnetic feature being the biggest improvement.

Again, like the Evolve i feel price more than justifies the end product. Unique features, affordable pricepoint.

@Yocantech Anything else worth mentioning? Although the Magneto has been mentioned elsewhere i am sure you can outline the additional features better than i can.
I have the yocan xl quad coil and it's amazing. You can take hot pulls or play with the heat. I think it's a very underrated portable for the price. I've had so many others that were more expensive and sucked.

Vision103,

Vision103

Vision103
Do you prefer the coil to the evolve plus ceramic donut coil?
I have both. The xl quad coil is amazing. No waste what's so ever. To me you can get the same taste as the donut if you play with the button. I would definitely recommend that. Enjoy whatever you get

Vision103,

Vision103

Vision103
I have tried the yocan Evolve plus and the Magneto. The Magneto is way better just because of the dab tool that's part of the coil cap. The Evolve plus which I just posted about is difficult to load sticky distillate into the chamber without making a mess. The dab tool of the Magneto makes this so easy I wish they would do something simular to Evolve Plus.
Didn't see the date. Sorry

Vision103,
Top Bottom