Yocan Explore

FFPRLvr

I bought the Explore last night, charged it for 3 hours, then excitedly added my ground bud and fired her up. I started at 320 degrees F just like a desktop vaporizer I have.

Once the temp reached 320, I drew and drew and drew but got very little vapor and the mouthpiece was too warm, on the verge of burning my lips ! Not satisfied with no vape, So I upped it incrementally over 5 minutes up to 365 and still no vapor but too hot for my lips.

Yocan needs to figure out the vape action, and provide a longer mouthpiece stem so you don't buren your lips.

I am pissed I wasted $50 to burn my lips and get no vape and have to smoke my bud or use the desktop vape.

VERY VERY UNHAPPY FORMER CUSTOMER

Headed to the store once they open to get a refund.

FFPRLvr,
Reactions: macbill

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I bought the Explore last night, charged it for 3 hours, then excitedly added my ground bud and fired her up. I started at 320 degrees F just like a desktop vaporizer I have.

Once the temp reached 320, I drew and drew and drew but got very little vapor and the mouthpiece was too warm, on the verge of burning my lips ! Not satisfied with no vape, So I upped it incrementally over 5 minutes up to 365 and still no vapor but too hot for my lips.

Yocan needs to figure out the vape action, and provide a longer mouthpiece stem so you don't buren your lips.

I am pissed I wasted $50 to burn my lips and get no vape and have to smoke my bud or use the desktop vape.

VERY VERY UNHAPPY FORMER CUSTOMER

Headed to the store once they open to get a refund.

What happened with the store, as I've seen much fluctuation
in this markets of quality control & conterfits & knockoffs.

tennisguru1,

BDunbar92

This thing was a piece of shit. First it took forever to figure out how to heat it up. Then when we tried it, nothing happened. I’m pissed that the store recommended this device and had us drive across town to another location to pick it up. Not to mention it can’t even be returned. What a horrible product and even worse consumer care. I will not be buying from YoCan (despite the usually positive reviews) or this smoke shop ever again!

BDunbar92,

Seized

This thing was a piece of shit. First it took forever to figure out how to heat it up. Then when we tried it, nothing happened. I’m pissed that the store recommended this device and had us drive across town to another location to pick it up. Not to mention it can’t even be returned. What a horrible product and even worse consumer care. I will not be buying from YoCan (despite the usually positive reviews) or this smoke shop ever again!

Ya I’m having trouble getting any vape from this as well, I have an infrared thermometer and the temps are way off, set it to 450 and it will quickly heat to 450 then drop down around 420 or sometimes even less, lower temps are the same but not really following any apparent pattern like a constant 30 lower or anything. I don’t understand why it’s doing this, I think I’m gonna take it apart and look at how they have the airflow set up, I have an artistech viva conduction pen that works well only because I took it apart and made the airflow much bigger, but this seems to have decent airflow so I’m wondering if it’s just a really weak heating element that can’t keep the temps up when drawing? If the airflow isn’t coming from somewhere else like the cracks above the ceramic chamber or something I think a weak heating element and a lying temp readout is the only explanation really.

Edit; ok took it apart and confirmed my suspicions, the air seems to be just flowing in through the cracks above the ceramic chamber. I put some carmex (beeswax would be better) around the mating parts where it’s clearly not sealed just press fit plastic on plastic and put it back together and it does seem to have a tighter draw. Carmex was all I had, I think I’m gonna find some beeswax to make a proper seal. This is a design flaw, I’m actually happy with the quality when I opened it up, the case seems to be some kind of metal, I thought it was plastic, and the most surprising part is it uses a standard flat top 18650 with a spring just like any other regular vape, I was fully expecting a soldered and wrapped 18650, not a replaceable one which if I can fix the airflow problem redeems it for me.

Last edited:
Seized,
Top Bottom